• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Mr. X

I want the characters in any SF to be carefully considered because I want them to take advantage of that system and work in the direction they are going instead of the square block forced into a round hole. SF4 just had SF2 characters for the sake of having them. Some lend themselves well to the system, others just suffered because they were trapped playing SF2 or whatever SF they were from in SF4. I don't think Blanka, Vega, Dee Jay worked in SF4 system, they just felt built for a different game.

Besides that, specifically the SF2 cast has been in ST, Alpha 3 Upper and SF4 and seem to always get in for crossovers and the like. Yeah, I get they were in the most popular SF title but jeez.

I want mostly new characters that are designed within the goal of SFV like 3S did. I think bringing back a character than overhauling their moveset to where they are a new character is weird. I think returning characters having new moves or tweaking is great like Bison.

Skilletor

I liked cammy's street clothes outfit alt, but I also love booty. I am torn.

I really hope they give cammy counters. Her v-skill should be counters.

zlatko

Banned
zlat is salty as fuck.

But seriously, I'd love to see Omega Cammy or just make Cammy into Decapre instead.

You just became my favorite mod.

These character reveals as we get them though:

giphy.gif

alstein

I want the characters in any SF to be carefully considered because I want them to take advantage of that system and work in the direction they are going instead of the square block forced into a round hole. SF4 just had SF2 characters for the sake of having them. Some lend themselves well to the system, others just suffered because they were trapped playing SF2 or whatever SF they were from in SF4. I don't think Blanka, Vega, Dee Jay worked in SF4 system, they just felt built for a different game.

Besides that, specifically the SF2 cast has been in ST, Alpha 3 Upper and SF4 and seem to always get in for crossovers and the like. Yeah, I get they were in the most popular SF title but jeez.

I want mostly new characters that are designed within the goal of SFV like 3S did. I think bringing back a character than overhauling their moveset to where they are a new character is weird. I think returning characters having new moves or tweaking is great like Bison.

I agree with this, but you can change a character to fit a system. KOF changed a few of their characters every year- and SF has done it on occasion (Cammy, Dhalsim, Rog)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Its UMVC3 all over again. There's going to be a fever pitch with people demanding characters only to drop them after the first week of the game's release.

Do people who want Urien in SF5 like his character, or just how he played in 3S? Because sure as shit he's not gonna be able to do any of the things he was able to do. The reactions are gonna be the same as when Dudley/Makoto/Ibuki were revealed: "why can't I 3S with them"

mbpm1

Do people who want Urien in SF5 like his character, or just how he played in 3S? Because sure as shit he's not gonna be able to do any of the things he was able to do. The reactions are gonna be the same as when Dudley/Makoto/Ibuki were revealed: "why can't I 3S with them"

Hopefully he's still fun enough when he makes it in

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

That's why we need oro, because he would be.

They would have to take away his dashes and double jump. But he's already a footsie heavy character so he works well.

Mr. X

I agree with this, but you can change a character to fit a system. KOF changed a few of their characters every year- and SF has done it on occasion (Cammy, Dhalsim, Rog)

KoF characters are same-y compared to SF cast and keep much of the same universal mechanics through titles unlike SF. It makes transitioning between characters and KoFs pretty painless.

Infinite

I think people at this point are asking for characters they have an affinity towards one way or another which is fine. I don't expect Sean to play like his 3s self and that would mostly be a good thing anyways. I'm requesting the character mostly because I like the character.

I like both. If they do his character justice and I can chariot tackle, that will be enough for me.

Seyavesh

Its UMVC3 all over again. There's going to be a fever pitch with people demanding characters only to drop them after the first week of the game's release.

i dropped vergil 2 months after release after going 'im definitely picking him up' the instant he was revealed

fml

petghost

Banned

I dno his normals would still be rad and he would probably still have aegis. He doesn't need ub setups to be an interesting char imo he has all the tools to be very interesting in a diff environment.

zlatko

Banned
So here's Birdie from Alpha 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rJC1YV2ZSo

Impressions of Birdie that leaked say in this current build he's too strong, because he has "chain" move specials that wreck shop. They made it seem like they meant he can use a chain to do something to you i.e Ghost Rider from UMvC3. Or are they just complaining about freaking command grabs?

Also, they better not keep those whack ass inputs from Alpha for the command grabs. Just do half circles... none of this Up towards Up fukiness.

------

Also, tried KoF13 tonight on Steam. Couldn't find any ranked matches, found 1 private match against a lvl 42 killer.

I should've checked to see if the game is dead as shit online before buying it. Whoops.

Kim seems awesome and easy to play. Terry was legit. Rest of my characters I messed with were ass. I remember being so hyped for KoF13 before release, then when I got my hands on it I just couldn't get into it and the online netcode was ass cheeks.

Azure J

『Inaba Resident』;167596249 said:
Phoenix Wright

I'll never forget when the PW fanbase started attacking MMX fans because reasons only for PW to get in anyway and like one person ever do work with him. :lol

CPS2

I wonder if they put Urien in SF4 if they would've let you lock down with aegis then do a level 3 focus attack. Sounds cheap. If they ever bring him back they'll never allow the same kind of unblockables that 3S had though.

zlatko

Banned
Not gonna lie, kind of bummed we might not be getting a new character next week.

I agree.

As much as I want to see Urien, Alex, Oro, Karin, etc... I think I'd probably get MORE hyped from a new character than anything else.

When they showed Abel back when SF4 was in the works...shiiiiiit. So sweet!

OceanBlue

I wonder if they put Urien in SF4 if they would've let you lock down with aegis then do a level 3 focus attack. Sounds cheap. If they ever bring him back they'll never allow the same kind of unblockables that 3S had though.

Pretty sure level 3 focus becomes blockable or something if you're already in blockstun. I don't remember what it is, but you can't do what you're thinking of with Rose's orbs even if you lock them down.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm excited for characters period, SFV is shaking things up and making them look fresh. If Birdie (might play like a mix of omega gief and some other big character) and Cammy (have to look at omega combos for her) are announced, that's awesome. We're still going to get two more character announcements at EVO either way.

Edit:

Omega Cammy Video

Eh, she's a little more flashy and speedy but that's pretty much it. Would have liked a bit more in terms of craziness like with what they did with Seth. Stuff is straight up unfair lol

Most people are gonna drop the game if we are going to be real

I don't know, if advertised right, people will casually play it. Don't expect every player to pick it up to instantly become a fan of fighting games and play them feverishly whenever they get the chance.

Yay I'm off monday. WHy's Sony's conference late when they're like 3 hours long

#4theplayers

Watch Aegis Reflector be a V-Skill lol

Also, tried KoF13 tonight on Steam. Couldn't find any ranked matches, found 1 private match against a lvl 42 killer.

I should've checked to see if the game is dead as shit online before buying it. Whoops.

Kim seems awesome and easy to play. Terry was legit. Rest of my characters I messed with were ass. I remember being so hyped for KoF13 before release, then when I got my hands on it I just couldn't get into it and the online netcode was ass cheeks.

I'll play you in any KOF if you need someone to spar in the game with. Out of practice but I get by with what I know.

I'll also play people in +r on steam. Haven't tried online on that game though, but just add my steam id simsiriphanh if anyone wants to get some games in.

joe2187

Banned
The current amount of returning SF characters is big enough as it is.

But if there was a type of new fighter for SFV how would you like them to play?

zlatko

Banned

I always liked the concept art for female Abel.

I want a character who plays like Gato from Garou with a mix of Potemkin for Guilty Gear.

And make it a bad ass chick like that Abel female concept art.

10/10 would main.

091013_conceptabel.jpg

K.Sabot

If you're gonna put Cammy in any more clothes we're going full Ghost in the Shell SAC Motoko Kusanagi bodysuit + jacket or nothing at all.

joe2187

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";167598721]Stands[/QUOTE]

Ewww

I prefer full martial arts type fighter, particularily chinese style martial arts like Jam from GG or Julia from tekken

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Right now, a character with multiple different V-Trigger installs. Nash already has 3 different uses for his V-Trigger, would like to see a character that has different power ups. Maybe a tech based character.

Top Bottom