• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

Astarte

Wait

What

DSCN0378.jpg

Not as baby blue as I remembered it though :(

El Sloth

Banned
Confirmation that Capcom is working with Dimps on a new fighting game
https://twitter.com/yoshi_onochin/status/506501145045381120
Nice, I'm glad they're still working with Dimps. Am I allowed to get baselessly excited about a non-existent Darkstalkers sequel now?
It's probably SFV.

Actually, I'd really love to see what they'd make if they attempted a completely new IP, but I know better than to expect that from the current Capcom.

.la1n

In a sick kind of way, I really hope it is "free to play" mobile Street Fighter V.

To be honest it wouldn't have much of an effect on me. The last 2-3 years have been full of once console centric developers putting some of their biggest IP on mobile devices. At this point I am just desensitized to it.

In a sick kind of way, I really hope it is "free to play" mobile Street Fighter V.

Just like the last Street Fighter, the next one is going to release on every platform that'll get at least ten sales

After being exclusive to Japanese arcades for at least six months

Isn't Akira playable in Dengeki, at least? And there's always Dead Or Alive

Though I guess you feel VF is mostly just dead at this point

i bought a wiiu for smash. i hope im not dissapointed.

my idea is to ghetto rig a small briefcase with fans and and outlet so i can practice captain falcon while at work.

i'm a teacher so what i'll do is give the lecture, assign long ass end of chapter questions (discussion questions included) and play on the gamepad cleverly hidden by books on desk.

the kids won't know what i have nn my hands since they don't even know what a WIIU is.

protip: i won't do this, that would be unethical and would hinder my students' learning experience.

i lied.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Harada making waifu simulator instead of showing a game he announced in 2010 (i.e. TKXSF). :/
It really stings because it's the Tekken team. Pretty much zero hope for anything out of Namco releasing in a reasonable time. We'll probably get all of their core fighting games around the time we get SFV.

Pokken Tournament isn't in the OP release date list, btw enzo
Thanks, added it.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Isn't Akira playable in Dengeki, at least? And there's always Dead Or Alive

Though I guess you feel VF is mostly just dead at this point

I didn't buy Project X Zone because although it has Virtua Fighter characters in it, it's not a game I want to play.

WRT VF being dead, eh not really. It's a 2 year old game that still gets tournaments even if they're isolated events (SEGA Cup, NYG9) and less often at majors (SCR2014 as a main event, SJ6 & FRXVII as sides). A local yearly tournament is doing FS this year and some of the NYC guys should be coming up and I guess there might be some players from Toronto as well. Hope so, would be nice. Gonna try to stream it.

A game I get to play offline every week is alive and well to me.

Top Bottom