• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

Crocodile

So did Capcom just let Namco out of its TxSF contract? Like it's not even remotely normal for a game to be announced 4 years ago and not even have gameplay footage to show for it if its still being made.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Q0peFm2.jpg

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
So did Capcom just let Namco out of its TxSF contract? Like it's not even remotely normal for a game to be announced 4 years ago and not even have gameplay footage to show for it if its still being made.

no, it's not normal, but we did just cross a generation. it's not impossible that the game was initially intended for 360/PS3 gen, and is now being repurposed for nextgen.

it's also not impossible that the game is not being worked on at all. NAMCO is busy these days

Astarte

It was mostly that you said it was Pikmin, lol

But that's a nice looking controller

I'd kill for them to do Wii U Pro Controllers in different colors

I really hope that they do release more colors, but they're probably going to stick with whatever colors the wii u is released in. My disappointment mounts.

Whoa, I never knew that color actually exists. Lucky you.

It's not like you can't just get up and buy it :y

Kumubou

I wonder if there is an audience for VR games where you experience a pretty Tekken lady beating the shit out of you in first person.
I think you would need some sort of force feedback mechanism before this would really take off. Then again, there are already VR demos in Japan where 2D girls slap you around and step on you, so who knows.

I didn't buy Project X Zone because although it has Virtua Fighter characters in it, it's not a game I want to play.

WRT VF being dead, eh not really. It's a 2 year old game that still gets tournaments even if they're isolated events (SEGA Cup, NYG9) and less often at majors (SCR2014 as a main event, SJ6 & FRXVII as sides).
Akira/Pai in DBFC has to have one of the flattest receptions I've seen. The playerbase doesn't care at all, and the fanbase for the original series doesn't care at all either.

For the Japanese players, it's been more than 4 years since a significant update. It kind of reminds me of what happened with VF3tb, where people thought the series was legitimately dead until VF4 was announced.

How long was it between when this picture and when security showed up?

Dahbomb

At least Harada has an excuse since he's working on 20 games at once, or something. What the fuck has the Ico team been doing for the past 5-6 years? Certainly not working on a game, we know that much.
Yeah, I can almost excuse Harada for not revealing TxSF yet but the shit that the team ICO has pulled is pretty awful.

I actually say the same for Nomura and FFXV + KH3. Dude has had jack shit to show for the previous generation.

oneida

Akira/Pai in DBFC has to have one of the flattest receptions I've seen. The playerbase doesn't care at all, and the fanbase for the original series doesn't care at all either.

Who plays VF for the characters? :D

Busaiku

Mr. Nomura worked on The World Ends With You, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy Type 0, Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance, Dissidia, and Theatrhythm.
He also did art for a bunch of other games.

Mr. Nomura worked on The World Ends With You, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy Type 0 Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance, Dissidia, and Theatrhythm.

I wish Deckard were here so he could say all of those games sucked

Astarte

Mr. Nomura worked on The World Ends With You, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy Type 0 Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance, Dissidia, and Theatrhythm.

Besides Third Birthday, he did some pretty good work.

I wish Deckard were here so he could say all of those games sucked

Just play pretend.

The rage over that essay is kind of confusing. Was there any evidence that Sakurai had turned over a new leaf or something?

I finally read the whole thing, and the notion that Smash was being made to appeal to all levels of play was essentially like a PR statement, with the thrust of his actual opinion being "I have never and will never intend to make a game competitive". Is it so surprising that what he'd hypothetically do to make a competitive game doesn't meet expectations? He clearly doesn't spend any time or energy on that methodology(by self-admission!)

I wonder if we'd get a Persona 5 Arena before Street Fighter V.

I hope so(if it means they open with other IPs, come on Rival Schools)

NEO0MJ

Mr. Nomura worked on The World Ends With You, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy Type 0, Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance, Dissidia, and Theatrhythm.

Totally is not but whatever.

AAK

At least Harada has an excuse since he's working on 20 games at once, or something. What the fuck has the Ico team been doing for the past 5-6 years? Certainly not working on a game, we know that much.

I'm guessing when Allan Becker took over the Japan studio he took the majority of Team ICO and made them make these games:

Rain
Puppeteer
Knack

All while letting Fumito Ueda do his thing gobbling up Sony's money..... Or TLG is gonna be some killerapp morpheus title and they're just waiting on the finalization of the hardware to properly reveal it.
lol

Sayad

Yeah, I can almost excuse Harada for not revealing TxSF yet but the shit that the team ICO has pulled is pretty awful.

I actually say the same for Nomura and FFXV + KH3. Dude has had jack shit to show for the previous generation.
Nomura worked on a lot of games last gen, just not FFXV. Also, you can almost link everything wrong with SE during the second half of last gen to vanilla FFXIV.

Mr. X

I didn't buy Project X Zone because although it has Virtua Fighter characters in it, it's not a game I want to play.

WRT VF being dead, eh not really. It's a 2 year old game that still gets tournaments even if they're isolated events (SEGA Cup, NYG9) and less often at majors (SCR2014 as a main event, SJ6 & FRXVII as sides). A local yearly tournament is doing FS this year and some of the NYC guys should be coming up and I guess there might be some players from Toronto as well. Hope so, would be nice. Gonna try to stream it.

A game I get to play offline every week is alive and well to me.

Online forums have a habit of saying games are dead if they aren't at every event getting stream time.

When's this next NY VF event?

I don't play VF for the characters either, it just looks good in motion when played well and feels fantastic. Just a bonus Jacky is the best Bruce Lee inspired fighting game character without feeling like a parody and 1:1 copy of his appearance.

VF6 announcement is close. Believe!

oneida

Online forums have a habit of saying games are dead if they aren't at every event getting stream time.

When's this next NY VF event?
Sept 20th in Buffalo NY! If I can get (read: afford to get) the VF3 board running by then, it'll be there too!

I don't play VF for the characters either, it just looks good in motion when played well and feels fantastic. Just a bonus Jacky is the best Bruce Lee inspired fighting game character without feeling like a parody and 1:1 copy of his appearance.

VF6 announcement is close. Believe!

Yesss I agree that striking attacks look and feel SO good in VF. when I use Jean Kujo i do his P6P all the time even though it only exists to beat ducking fuzzy which no one does and it's super unsafe.

but I do it be cause it looks so good!

Pu6qtOH.gif

smurfx

get some go again
wonder when namco got the pokken contract. that's probably what made them dump tk vs sf since capcom had already poisoned the brand.

Riposte

Okay, I just noticed I have no idea what DFC means.

My years on 4chan makes me want to say delicious flat chest, and that's terrible.

Kumubou

My years on 4chan makes me want to say delicious flat chest, and that's terrible.
It's Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, the bootleg-looking 2D fighter from Sega and French Bread that came out earlier this year.

and you have to be pretty goddamn corrupt to assume that's what DFC means out-of-context :x Al least it's better than what the Japanese abbreviate it as.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

That's precisely why they tried to change the acronym to DBFC on twitter, to no avail.

It's for Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. A French Bread developed 2D fighting game that uses characters from series in Dengeki Bunko light novels

It's being published by Sega so Akira was a boss character in the arcade version. He's becoming playable on console with Pai-Chan also appearing as an assist character

and no one cares at all

Riposte
pretty goddamn corrupt
(Today, 05:03 PM)

I think I'm going to end up getting Love Max when it comes out, for some reason

Riposte

It's Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, the bootleg-looking 2D fighter from Sega and French Bread that came out earlier this year.

and you have to be pretty goddamn corrupt to assume that's what DFC means out-of-context :x Al least it's better than what the Japanese abbreviate it as.

Oh now I remember! The weird anime crossover fighter. Googling it tells me that fucking oriemo girl (kirino?) is in it. That's amazing.

Also I'm incorruptible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wonder when namco got the pokken contract. that's probably what made them dump tk vs sf since capcom had already poisoned the brand.
I really don't think they have any bearing on each other, especially considering how different they'll be and how long it's been already.

Pretty much anyone who doesn't give TKxSF a fair shot because of the SFxTK stuff is an extreme, rigid-minded minority. Probably one of those people that boycott publishers no matter how much their internal structure/game output/policies change because "they were involved with that one thing that one time."

I really don't think they have any bearing on each other, especially considering how different they'll be and how long it's been already.

Pretty much anyone who doesn't give TKxSF a fair shot because of the SFxTK stuff is an extreme, rigid-minded minority. Probably one of those people that boycott publishers no matter how much their internal structure/game output/policies change because "they were involved with that one thing that one time."
Most people don't even know that they are different games. I think Capcom will have had a negative effect on its marketing potential.

Pompadour

Pokken has been rumored for a long time.

I don't think Namco ever actually considering dumping Tekken x Street Fighter. I am surprised that Tekken 7 is seemingly coming before it, however. I figured since Tekken sales were lagging that Tekken X Street Fighter would give them an excuse to play around with the formula and see what works before making big changes in Tekken 7.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Most people don't even know that they are different games. I think Capcom will have had a negative effect on its marketing potential.
It's been so long already, I don't think it matters. So many of the circumstances are different, and I'm pretty sure anyone who knows the project exists knows it's a different game.

Even if someone doesn't read into the history with SFxTK, as soon as they see a thumbnail they'll know it's a completely different game. I don't believe the general public is that ignorant.

Mr. X

Sept 20th in Buffalo NY! If I can get (read: afford to get) the VF3 board running by then, it'll be there too!

Yesss I agree that striking attacks look and feel SO good in VF. when I use Jean Kujo i do his P6P all the time even though it only exists to beat ducking fuzzy which no one does and it's super unsafe.

but I do it be cause it looks so good!
I know Buffalo has a strong Soul Calibur/3D scene. I'm guessing it's an event like that?

I wish I didn't work so many hours and make so little. I would love to attend Stickbug monthlies and the VF weeklies in NYC. I haven't even been to the Arena (West Babylon, Long Island) in a while because I get out so late on Thursday and I'm dead tired from working 12 hours (worse if I hit the gym before job 1).

Horseress

Capcom can't afford a "bet" atm, they need a blockbuster!

So I don't think it will be a new IP or even Darkstalkers. It'll probably be SFV, if not, a new VS
PLEASE BE A NEW VS

Top Bottom