• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I'm waiting till she's super cheap or not getting her at all. Great looking figure, but not a fan of the source material, the actual character, or the price.

Yeah, what I don't get is that they actually went out of their way to make the US version of the game more crude.

Yeah, there were some bits of dialogue and whatnot altered in the US version that were pretty crude. There was a thread on GAF about it. In one instance, Metallica kicks another witch until she's spitting up blood, then mocks her for it before turning her into a mouse. After which, she conjures a pack of male mice to chase her around for obvious reasons.

It's pretty distasteful.

Bombless

HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIEEEEEEEET!

Catwoman? Poison Ivy? PHOENIX?!? DO IT KOTOBUKIYAAAA!

Edit : Btw, they're reissuing the inferior version!

Josephl64

And that was not present in the JP version? That's..odd.

it's the same scene that plays out but the script is way more out there in the US ver.

NIS does this with all their localized games, everything is more raunchier in their US than their JP too, especially the Neptunia series.

I actually like that one better. The gray suit gives you a better view of dat hometown.

This is why Koto is my favorite figure company. They actually listen to their fanbase.

I would say GSC does that as well. Alter does...but only for the japanese market. I guess they don't have any ambition to branch out

I would say GSC does that as well. Alter does...but only for the japanese market. I guess they don't have any ambition to branch out

Koto has been in the US market for years, though. Other manufacturers are getting into it now that they see the potential, but Koto has been selling their stuff in America for almost 15 years now.

Koto has been in the US market for years, though. Other manufacturers are getting into it now that they see the potential, but Koto has been selling their stuff in America for almost 15 years now.

ehhh I think that is the nature of their figure line. I mean I would say GSC is better. They are at more events, and have great CS.

Currently contemplating buying a Kuroneko Nendoroid. She's so adorable.

611DOJYmtgL._SL1500_.jpg

$41 - 6 x 4

Also strongly considering preordering this Kaname Madoka figure.

$75 - 1/8 scale, Good Smile Company

I can't resist anything Kaname Madoka. ;____;

gahhhh that Madoka^^ must resist. She is my least favorite magical girl design-wise, but still.

Couldn't stop myself from pre-ordering this.

I was just looking at that figure :eek:

Seriously in love with this Soul Eater figure. Strongly considering it. I've been waiting so long for a good figure for that series.

FIGURE-004001.jpg

RMI

Banned
The old me would have preordered this instantly. But now I'm hesitating. That's 3k yen that could be put towards a 10k yen masterpiece from Max Factory instead.

why not both?

Normally I'm price insensitive to figures, and just buy the ones I want as long as they're not prohibitively expensive (13k plus or something for a single fig). I'll never buy a fig just because it's cheap, but I will happily buy a cheap fig if it's something I like. EOIV was my favorite game of last year, and I absolutely adore the character designs. Been waiting for these for a long time.

johnsmith

remember me
why not both?

Normally I'm price insensitive to figures, and just buy the ones I want as long as they're not prohibitively expensive (13k plus or something for a single fig). I'll never buy a fig just because it's cheap, but I will happily buy a cheap fig if it's something I like. EOIV was my favorite game of last year, and I absolutely adore the character designs. Been waiting for these for a long time.
Quality isn't there. I can't see the quality on a plastic kit matching a PVC figure. If it was a quality fig like Wave's Gunner I would be more interested.

Seriously in love with this Soul Eater figure. Strongly considering it. I've been waiting so long for a good figure for that series.

Funnily enough that Maka was done by the same sculptor as the Madoka you posted earlier, Hiroshi. I've considered buying both lol. Maka seems like she'll have a fairly big footprint though, so I'll have to see. Still, that's the price you pay for such a great dynamic pose.

Finally found my Clalaclan for <10k. She's been on my wishlist forever, can't wait to get her.

I remember reading somewhere that this was Tony Taka's favourite figure adaptation of his work. It's really awesome either way, and one of those figures where I like the colour and paintwork about as much as the sculpt.

With AmiAmi, I got May figures that are pushed forward to April. Are they gonna be apart of my April order or May?

April, I would imagine. It's an uncommon situation though, so I'm not 100% sure. But what they generally do in case of release date changes is remove items that are affected, and place them in their own order. Then if you want to merge them with your monthly order, you can.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Any specific reason or announcement by Kotobukiya in regards to why they did a reissue of batgirl? Would love to know if they have plans to do reissue for their other ones. The thought of dodging a $200 bullet for phoenix, rogue, emma frost has made me so giddy.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Fuck that Cecilia figure is expensive. I want it but I don't think I can afford that much.

It looks nice though.

Any specific reason or announcement by Kotobukiya in regards to why they did a reissue of batgirl? Would love to know if they have plans to do reissue for their other ones. The thought of dodging a $200 bullet for phoenix, rogue, emma frost has made me so giddy.

Don't know. If you're that interested, you can make an account over at Statue Forum and ask gonk. He's a Koto rep that answers questions over there sometimes.

I don't expect them to reissue their entire backlog, but doing so for some of the hideously expensive pieces would be great.

Thinking of buying a figure for a friend, if I register a second shipping address will I be able to choose it once I have to pay for a pre-ordered item?

FIGURE-004001.jpg

Must...protect...wallet...

javac

Both my Kotobukiya Asuka and Kotobukiya Noriko figures came yesterday. No asuka pics yet. She's still in her box entry plug.

Not bad for a figure from 2004 :) Not many Noriko figures available but I'm happy with this one. Looks nice in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom