• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Haha don't be! You've got your own awesome, ever expanding collection to be proud of. I'm just waiting for this bad-girl now.

XZhx6Vs.jpg
*drools*

javac

Yeah I kinda feel sorry for the sculptors when things like that happens. They work hard, take a step back and damn it doesn't look right :$

Just saw this on amiami. I'm guessing it's new? Sure I've seen it before.

DC COMICS Bishoujo - Batgirl Statue(Preorder) 5540yen

Also saw this. Looks cute. No idea who she is. Typed in her name and got a bunch of NSFW pics :$. Seems to be a card game of some sort on the vita. Love the scribbly eyes tho :^D

Medicchu - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Akagi(Preorder)
Is it just me or is that clipping through her hair? X0

Josephl64

Yeah I kinda feel sorry for the sculptors when things like that happens. They work hard, take a step back and damn it doesn't look right :$

Also saw this. Looks cute. No idea who she is. Typed in her name and got a bunch of NSFW pics :$. Seems to be a card game of some sort on the vita. Love the scribbly eyes tho :^D

Medicchu - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Akagi(Preorder)
Is it just me or is that clipping through her hair? X0
Akagi from Kantai Collection...well she's a mothership in the JP navy shown in girl form from a web browser turn-based RPG

You have seen her before. She's a reissue from a couple years back. Her aftermarket prices were hitting $250, so it's a good thing she's getting a re-release. She also had some paint issues due to the type of paint Kotobukiya used to use, so that should be remedied as well. Some of us were freaking out about it last night.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think it's protruding outwards too much so it looks like it's floating? Her head is normally a lot wider too.

Yeah, it looks like the head's attached to the wrong body and it didn't even fit quite correctly on it.

I still think her head is too big. I'm not really familiar with Madoka, but just look at the width of her head compared to her shoulders. The top of head is almost as wide as her entire body.

EDIT: maybe not. Looking at pictures of other Madokas, she's got a melon head.

javac

Akagi from Kantai Collection...well she's a mothership in the JP navy shown in girl form from a web browser turn-based RPG

Haha that's pretty random but I'll take it! :p I'm guessing the game it's from is called Kan Colle? Yeah I typed it in and got a load of NSFW pillows so I guess that's why I got a bit confused at first! Damn safe search :p. She looks cool in any case. scribbly eyes lol.

Officially named the "Queen of Bauxite" thanks to her reputation for eating up all the Bauxite reserves in your inventory. 

Damn it Akagi-chan you'll get fat!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man, what's with all these savages that haven't seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica?!

Go watch it! Now! ALL OF YOU!

I'd literally never heard of it until I started figure collecting and saw that one figure that's considered a grail by some. I'll look into it, but I'm not quite sure if it's my cup of tea.

I'd literally never heard of it until I started figure collecting and saw that one figure that's considered a grail by some. I'll look into it, but I'm not quite sure if it's my cup of tea.

It's a magical girl show, but this shit actually gets pretty dark. It's only 12 episodes, anyway.

javac

You have seen her before. She's a reissue from a couple years back. Her aftermarket prices were hitting $250, so it's a good thing she's getting a re-release. She also had some paint issues due to the type of paint Kotobukiya used to use, so that should be remedied as well. Some of us were freaking out about it last night.

Ah so mein eyes aren't deceiving me! Wow this seems like a godsend for everyone who wants the figure but couldn't afford it! Feel for the seller's tho lol.

Yeah, it looks like the head's attached to the wrong body and it didn't even fit quite correctly on it.

I still think her head is too big. I'm not really familiar with Madoka, but just look at the width of her head compared to her shoulders. The top of head is almost as wide as her entire body.

EDIT: maybe not. Looking at pictures of other Madoka's, shes got a melon head.

Yeah lmao her head is huge lol. I haven't seen The show either but I've got the bluray recently. I've heard good things about it. I thought it was going to be a generic show at first but I've heard great things about it, particularly about it surprising people based on first impressions.

Ah so mein eyes aren't deceiving me! Wow this seems like a godsend for everyone who wants the figure but couldn't afford it! Feel for the seller's tho lol.

It's not really so much about affording. If I bought every figure I wanted, I'd fork out $400 for the Catwoman bishoujo. But as lovely as they are, paying over $100 for a bishoujo is dumbtarded.

everytime I recommend madoka its always

"Trust me, its not pedo shit or anything like that. Don't watch the trailers, they are all trolls".

They always say "I don't know man, I watch the first eps..."

Then I always reply "tell me that after the 3rd eps"

They never doubted me after that eps.

LiK

"Trust me, its not pedo shit or anything like that. Don't watch the trailers, they are all trolls".

i only watched the first ep and it didn't grab me. i'll try again soon.

javac

I remember it getting popular on /a/ and I was like "she looks soo silly. Big head madoka" and just ignored it but I heard that it gets pretty emotional and whatnot so I got intrigued and bought the bluray. Gonna watch it one day. I don't doubt it'll be good. There's like 3 movies I think however so that has dampened my expectations somewhat. They seem to be expensive too.

I remember it getting popular on /a/ and I was like "she looks soo silly. Big head madoka" and just ignored it but I heard that it gets pretty emotional and whatnot so I got intrigued and bought the bluray. Gonna watch it one day. I don't doubt it'll be good. There's like 3 movies I think however so that has dampened my expectations somewhat. They seem to be expensive too.

2 of the movies are the anime split in half. 3rd movie is a sequel. The anime series has closure.

Madoka is just really well done for 12 eps. There are no fillers, its straight to the point and very direct. Its a good anime. Is it the best? Nawwww. It MIGHT make my top 10 but definitely not top 5 at all. Its still really good for what it is.

Watch till the end of the 3rd eps, and you realize what kind of anime you are watching. It is not "moe" or harem or fanservice. I don't even think there is fanservice in that anime.... Just watch it. You have nothing to lose.

javac

2 of the movies are the anime split in half. 3rd movie is a sequel. The anime series has closure.

Madoka is just really well done for 12 eps. There are no fillers, its straight to the point and very direct. Its a good anime. Is it the best? Nawwww. It MIGHT make my top 10 but definitely not top 5 at all. Its still really good for what it is.

Watch till the end of the 3rd eps, and you realize what kind of anime you are watching. It is not "moe" or harem or fanservice. I don't even think there is fanservice in that anime.... Just watch it. You have nothing to lose.

Yeah don't worry I'm 100% sure it's not full of moe fanservice etc. I've not seen any footage because I don't want to see any spoilers but I've heard about it being
tragic
and I guess that sets the tone for me.

I never judge something at first glance because it's always come back to bite me when I do. 12 episodes is perfect too. I could watch it in a single sitting! Might just do that to wreck my emotions even more! I never drop a show... never. I always watch it until the end even if I think it's garbage. I never watch garbage shows tho so I don't drop shows. Unless it's some shonen with 300 episodes. I'm looking at you Bleach <_<

Yes! Yes! Spread the gospel of Madoka Kaname!

Aaaaaaaah! E2046 is doing a prepainted version of this.

Wow, she looks pretty sharp.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

I had the same conversation with my co-worker, I convinced him to watch it and ended up loving it.

Then he tried to spread the madoka love during a family party, yeah he couldn't get them to watch past episode 2, and based on what he told me things got pretty awkward.

Welp. Just ordered the figure. Lost to the pink. Plus everyone saying to watch it.

I had planned on watching the anime with friends but given how flakey they always turn out to be it just never happened. I'll definitely try to watch it after this term is over.

in terms of anime my top 5 are something like

1) Steins Gate
2) Full Metal Alch: Brotherhood
3) Psycho Pass
4) Gurren Lagan
5) Shinsekai Yori

Stein gate being ways ahead over everything

6-10 are all tied kind of
x) code geass season 1
x) death note (half way point)
x) bakemonogatari
x) baccano
x) Attack on Titans Season 1 (have a feeling this will be mediocre at the end though)
x) madoka

From like then on its all tied with random animes and genres. Watchin hajime no ippo new challenger (didn't start from the beginning) and monster.

edit im retarded. I forgot madoka so 6-11

george_us

Steins; Gate is the best anime I've seen since Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I blew through the whole thing in, like, two days. Too bad there aren't any Daru or Moeka figures though.

You can get that figure pretty cheap now

Wrong. There is only one right madoka figure

She is a BEAUTY. One of my top figures BY far.

Top figure time (that I own)
1) U. Madoka
2) FSN Rin Unlimited Blade Works
3) Gold Saw (BRS)
4) Dizzy
5) Native's Sasaki (forgot about her).

U madoka only has 1 flaw and its that the ultimate bow is a tricky to put in. Its decently top heavy.

o yeah this figure is up there to.

Bombless

I hate to be that guy but...Satsuki's mouth is bothering me in the image on the last page. Will have to see her painted. Don't screw this up Phat!

Also, that cutie back there is Akagi!

I have the figma pre-ordered.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Steins; Gate is the best anime I've seen since Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I blew through the whole thing in, like, two days. Too bad there aren't any Daru or Moeka figures though.

Yeah it is going to be really hard to find something that can top steins; gate. Unfortunately it is so hard to convince someone to watch it since they spent 10 episodes for the set up.

Yeah it is going to be really hard to find something that can top steins; gate. Unfortunately it is so hard to convince someone to watch it since they spent 10 episodes for the set up.

it has to tho. Otherwise you wouldn't give two shits about any of the characters that aren't okabe or kurisu lol

cajunator

Banned
Wrong. There is only one right madoka figure

She is a BEAUTY. One of my top figures BY far.

Top figure time (that I own)
1) U. Madoka
2) FSN Rin Unlimited Blade Works
3) Gold Saw (BRS)
4) Dizzy
5) Native's Sasaki (forgot about her).

U madoka only has 1 flaw and its that the ultimate bow is a tricky to put in. Its decently top heavy.

o yeah this figure is up there to.

U madoka is what I was talking about. Which did you mean?
And yes shes amazing. One of my stars in my collection.

javac

Also, that cutie back there is Akagi!

She's so cute :3

1) Steins Gate
3) Psycho Pass
4) Gurren Lagan
5) Shinsekai Yori

x) code geass season 1
x) bakemonogatari
x) baccano
x) Attack on Titans Season 1 (have a feeling this will be mediocre at the end though)
x) madoka

Out of all of these I've only seen Lagann!

kewlmyc

1) Steins Gate
3) Psycho Pass
4) Gurren Lagan
5) Shinsekai Yori

x) code geass season 1
x) bakemonogatari
x) baccano
x) madoka

From like then on its all tied with random animes and genres. Watchin hajime no ippo new challenger (didn't start from the beginning) and monster.

edit im retarded. I forgot madoka so 6-11
Great list. Mine is very similar, except Baccano is number 1 and Madoka is in my top 5. I still need to see Shinseki Yori though.

Gyrian

Amiami has an A Mirei-san.
Not exactly cheap, but I don't think I have seen this one around often, let alone basically unopened.

I think this was the first figure I ever picked up, the original enabler into this hobby! (not my image)

mirei4fddd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom