• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man there is so much stuff packed into the Iron Man I don't even know where to start. Took some quick shots during lunch with the same setup as before. I'll try some different poses after work as well as shooting on a lighter background. Such a cool figure.
The Tony head looks a bit disappointing (though it could be the lighting) but the rest of it looks amazing. Eager to get it in my hands.

I don't know if anyone saw it as of yet but Sideshow put up the Boba Fett Prototype 1/6th scale. Based on Joe Johnson's original 1978 "Super Trooper" design with all white armor and the original weapons.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=1001361

boba-fett-prototype-armor1.jpg

...and so it was ordered.:D

apparently GSC will be selling miku dx for 160 at AX

I'll be at AX but I doubt I'm getting it. Even if I wanted to, there will supposedly only 1 sold per day... yeah gl with that

27602.jpg

LiK

The Tony head looks a bit disappointing (though it could be the lighting) but the rest of it looks amazing. Eager to get it in my hands.

I don't know if anyone saw it as of yet but Sideshow put up the Boba Fett Prototype 1/6th scale. Based on Joe Johnson's original 1978 "Super Trooper" design with all white armor and the original weapons.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=1001361

boba-fett-prototype-armor1.jpg

...and so it was ordered.:D

oh man, it looks sexy. might preorder.....

LOL @ beach towel cape. WTF...

chrono01

There so many shipping options for AmiAmi. I read up on the differences on their site, but they don't state what costs the most/least. If I'm ordering 1-3 figures what would be the cheapest option? (EMS sounds like it would cost the most to me. And what is the diff for registered/unregistered)

EMS
SAL Small Packet (Registered)
SAL Small Packet (Unregistered)
Domestic
Air Small Packet

edit:nevermind i scrolled down further and saw the prices on amiami's page
EMS is the most expensive option, but it's also fully insured and arrives super-fast. It's also required if the bulk of your items [or item] is over the 20kg/90cm limit for Unregistered/Registered SAL Small Packet , and Air Small Packet.

If you can fit the items into SAL Small Packet, and don't mind the wait, I'd recommend that. They still arrive fairly fast, and for an extra 500 yen or so, you can send it Registered. The different between Registered and Unregistered is that with Registered you're provided a tracking number [helps when you know where it is, less stress] as well as insures it [for up to 6,000 yen, if I remember correctly]. Air Small Packet is faster than SAL Small Packet, but also more expensive.

In my personal opinion:

If you want the items as soon as possible or they're too heavy/large to be shipped via any other means - EMS

If they're smaller items, and don't mind waiting an additional week or two for them to arrive - Registered SAL [I recommend Registered since it's only a fraction more expensive than Unregistered and gives you tracking/insurance]

I usually always go with EMS since I combine my shipment from AmiAmi and they would always be over the size/weight limit for SAL Small Packet, but for single smaller items I usually use SAL Small Packet [Registered]. In fact, I just paid for a magazine [purchased separately outside of my monthly order] and chose SAL Small Packet Registered.

I'll be at AX but I doubt I'm getting it. Even if I wanted to, there will supposedly only 1 sold per day... yeah gl with that

27602.jpg
Thankfully I have mine from her original release, 1 per day is just...wow.

Those trying to track her down, I wish you the best of luck. I have a feeling she will go fast, likely to first few customers of the day. She's well worth it, though, although she does take up an insane amount of space.

Best clear your shelves!

Anyone else getting D-Arts Raidou? I got him today and I'm kind of disappointed, muddy paint on the white belts and they traded his Kaneko-esque face and skin color for something more generic. Mine's still in the box so I don't have any good pics, not sure I'll keep him.

Anyone else getting D-Arts Raidou? I got him today and I'm kind of disappointed, muddy paint on the white belts and they traded his Kaneko-esque face and skin color for something more generic. Mine's still in the box so I don't have any good pics, not sure I'll keep him.
Well that's super disappointing.

I haven't received mine but will probably keep it, because Kaneko beggers can't be Kaneko choosers.

LiK

D-Arts paint jobs are never super clean from my experience like with Revoltechs/Figmas. I have the Maga Man X D-Arts and the paint job has some slop as well.

Yeah I complained about him earlier. I'm not too thrilled about him either since I've heard nothing but bad things about him. *sigh* Well that's another line of figures I'm swearing off. Figmas and SH Figuarts are doing right in my book so far. Well I've only got SH Figuarts Lelouch which is fantastic.

Arveene

Neo Member

I've been looking for one at a reasonable price for ages now. She easily sells for $300+ USD.

Has anyone else gotten payment requests for their June preorders yet? I'm pretty sure mine is going to be $500 before shipping...

Edit: Was gone for most of last week, but good job on the OT.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
More beautiful shots Jube3.

Just got an email from Ami-Ami saying that the Hawks version Figma of Guts has been delayed until August. Seeing as they haven't announced another Berserk Figma I'm wondering if he'll be the last one, would have loved to have seen Zodd, Casca, Femto or the Skeleton Knight.

Jube3

More beautiful shots Jube3.

Just got an email from Ami-Ami saying that the Hawks version Figma of Guts has been delayed until August. Seeing as they haven't announced another Berserk Figma I'm wondering if he'll be the last one, would have loved to have seen Zodd, Casca, Femto or the Skeleton Knight.

Thanks man, took a few more on a white background to wrap up Iron Man. My favorite HT in the collection now, although I seem to say that everytime I get a new one lol. I tried on the battle damage pieces but the suit is so clean I think im going to leave him stock for now.

9189678251_17dfdf318b_z.jpg
9189678327_5752318f61_z.jpg

9189678405_e1d8ed3458_z.jpg
9189678149_51d37584e0_z.jpg

9189678561_77e5f5a3ec_z.jpg

I got that email too and also read into it as not boding well.

The last movie just came out on blu-ray last week, so I'm worried that may signal the end of the marketing blitz. If so it might be years until the next film and the next chance of figures, and even then it probably wouldn't include a fully armored Caska. :/

My decision to pass on the Mark VII was not one of my best. Ah well, there's always Avengers 2.

Pictures are awesome as ever Jube.

In other news, the shop I ordered Loki from has entered administration so... fuck? Better hope somewhere else has him for pre-order still.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've started reading Fairy Tail, and I really like it. I decided that I should look up some figures of the series, and I was surprised to find that there really aren't many. Natsu looks to be sold out at most places: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/85692

And there's a Lucy by Good Smile Company that hasn't been released yet:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/117970

She looks pretty good... just a little... off, I guess? I'm not sure if I should hold out for other manufacturers or jump in this one. I would definitely want to get a Lucy at some point, and if another one doesn't release, I'm worried that this one might sell out.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I'm regretting not ordering the Mark VII now too, that specially made repulsor hand is awesome, as are Jube3's latest pics.

I got that email too and also read into it as not boding well.

The last movie just came out on blu-ray last week, so I'm worried that may signal the end of the marketing blitz. If so it might be years until the next film and the next chance of figures, and even then it probably wouldn't include a fully armored Caska. :/

Well Medicom did just offer up the younger Guts figure, I'm hoping it might blossom into at least another figure for that line, but the Figma's are so cheap an well done I just want to see that line continue more, but as you say the last movie's out it might be over.

In other news, the shop I ordered Loki from has entered administration so... fuck? Better hope somewhere else has him for pre-order still.
I'm guessing Modelzone? Only place in the UK I see to still nab a Loki pre-order is Mother's Basement http://mothersbasement.co.uk/hot-toys-loki-the-avengers-deluxe-action-figure.html I've never used them before, though I've been tempted a few times. It's them, or ebay, or the Sideshow waitlist at this point.

I'm guessing Modelzone? Only place in the UK I see to still nab a Loki pre-order is Mother's Basement http://mothersbasement.co.uk/hot-toys-loki-the-avengers-deluxe-action-figure.html I've never used them before, though I've been tempted a few times. It's them, or ebay, or the Sideshow waitlist at this point.

Yeah it was Modelzone. Didn't even get an email or anything, I learned about it from the redirect on their site. I ended up going with MB for the pre-order, since they were the only one I could find as well. Bit more expensive than my last pre-order but their deposit is fair (10%) and I really want the figure. Crisis averted!

I think a lot is going to be riding on the face, this time. If they fuck up on her face, it's going to kill any anticipation I've got for this one.

I think a lot is going to be riding on the face, this time. If they fuck up on her face, it's going to kill any anticipation I've got for this one.

For sure. The new Psylocke is nice in general, but them getting the face right is what makes me want it. I'm thinking of selling my Phoenix because I've never liked the face.

Giolon

She's been up since early yesterday afternoon. And she doesn't appear to be moving.

I didn't see any link posted that she was actually up, just a post to Tomopop about the announcement that she would be for sale a couple days ago. I doubted that they'd sell out immediately. I appreciate that they give people who aren't able to go to SDCC an opportunity to get their hands on the figure.

I ordered one. I like her a lot better than the original masked version. I'm looking forward to putting her with Poison Ivy.

So are they planning to expand into a whole Street Fighter bishoujo line if Chun Li pans out? Because I'd be down for a Cammy figure, no question.

Bombless

Given the treatment Power Girl's thighs got I'm confident Chun Li's will be nothing short of perfect. The face is up in the air though, as usual. And yes, they had announced Chun Li then Cammy, so Cammy's art shouldn't be far behind.

Interesting that the preorders for Special Edition Harley aren't flying off the shelves. I was going to wait longer but if the preorders are still up next week I'll jump on it.

edit : This is one Cammy that I'd "settle" for.
aBKNSzX.jpg

I'm liking the pose, and don't mind the face itself but I think the hair on the top of her head is a bit too flat down. I think the hair is the key part they should edit. It covers too much of her face at the moment and in a way that doesn't really look like how chun li is portrayed in her various portrayals.
1012765_674937669189299_1468834599_n.jpg

I'm liking the pose, and don't mind the face itself but I think the hair on the top of her head is a bit too flat down. I think the hair is the key part they should edit. It covers too much of her face at the moment and in a way that doesn't really look like how chun li is portrayed in her various portrayals.

I'd reserve judgement on things like hair until we see a sculpt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom