• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
posted yet?
MGSVPunishedSnakePhase2.jpg

MGS Play Arts line never ends.
hopefully we get Pliskin or MGS2 Snake, Olga/ninja or a Sniper Wolf at some point.

Jube3

Ah man. Must be strong, must..be..strong. I would have been instantly on board but man its expensive.

Gladiator Hulk Premium Format announced today - 599.
300221_press09-001.jpg

300221_press02-001.jpg

chrono01

I just received my shipment from AmiAmi that contained:

- Yagyu Jubei [Alter]
- Misty [Alter]
- Asuka Langley - Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q Plug Suit Ver. [Kotobukiya][
- Mai Shiranui - Red Ver. [Alpha Max]
- Blastoise D-Arts [Bandai]
- A few miscellaneous items

The best part [well, aside from the figures/items received, of course]? NO CHARGES! I was worried since EMS shipments in Canada [especially those that are large/weigh a lot] have a tendency to often-times be taxed. Thankfully, not this time!

My favorite of this batch would probably be Yagyu Jubei [I finally own her!] with Misty being a close second. Asuka turned out amazing, though [that tsundere expression!] as did Mai and her..."assets"...

Only 33 more items on the "Ordered" list [with some of those already being paid for]. It'll be nice to get that number down more, as long as no other figures surprise me and I'm forced/pressured into purchasing them.

I'll likely pre-order Daisy-chan, though, since she looks so unique/full-of-life, although the end portion of my year is already looking pretty full. I'll give it some time before I decide, as pre-orders haven't even started yet [although they might this week, if not, the next].

LosDaddie

Banned
^^ That is the Sideshow exclusive edition.
How much is that Iron Man you guys have posted? It's awesome.

It's sold out, but SS still has the regular Mk7 that you can get on the Wait List for.

$250 Iron Man Mk7

I was on the Wait List, and it was converted to a "live" order in May. My order page still shows "processing" though. I have called SS, and they told me it's still a month off, at minimum, but I am getting it.

Would you settle for a Nishimura Cammy in the meantime?

33696_s0.jpg

Other than.. uh... the obvious, I always like the statues that are pretty different than what you'd consider a standard design.

I'd kill for a Makoto.

with poses like this why don't they just XXX version and be done with it, yikes

Giolon

Haha, it's based on Kinu Nishimura art. So sexy.

FWH0HyQ.jpg

The Chun-li figure based on that top artwork is one of my grails. I've seen it for a few hundred dollars at Mandarake, but that's still out of my price range.

Haha, it's based on Kinu Nishimura art. So sexy.
I should make a kickstarter to bribe Nishimura to do illustrations for every single videogame and anime ever created.

All three of those statues really knock it out of the park in terms of matching those sketches.

nishimura_zpsf6385861.png

They need to do a Magic Johnson and a better version of Kobe and stop wasting their time with scrubs like Lebron. If I trusted Enterbay a little more I would get that Jordan

kotobukiya's fb is asking people what they want next for SF bishoujo. Jui is winning by a landslide. I want sakura and ibuki tbh.

Jessicat

Still looking for places taking pre-orders for the S.H. MonsterArts Biollante! I've only seen BBTS taking them so far, but I dunno if I want to buy from them ._.
Would love to find her at a discount if possible, $230+shipping is a lot ;>> [my x-mas gift to myself I guess, rofl]

Bombless

kotobukiya's fb is asking people what they want next for SF bishoujo. Jui is winning by a landslide. I want sakura and ibuki tbh.

I suspect Cammy isn't there because she's already on the way. SAFE!

Voted Sakura, because I don't know care much about the others.

LiK

I should make a kickstarter to bribe Nishimura to do illustrations for every single videogame and anime ever created.

All three of those statues really knock it out of the park in terms of matching those sketches.

nishimura_zpsf6385861.png

Yea, I have the whole set. One of my fave sets of figures. High quality and I agree they matched the art beautifully.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It was $250.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9018971#HotToysItem

May still be able to find it at that price at other retailers. Get it now before it truly moves to reseller prices ($400-500).

^^ That is the Sideshow exclusive edition.

It's sold out, but SS still has the regular Mk7 that you can get on the Wait List for.

$250 Iron Man Mk7

I was on the Wait List, and it was converted to a "live" order in May. My order page still shows "processing" though. I have called SS, and they told me it's still a month off, at minimum, but I am getting it.

Damn, super pricey. :p

Maybe I need to start at the base collector level. Play Arts? lol

Jessicat

Didn't you make the same post a few days ago? ;)

But yes. $200 is a lot for a single figure. I'd pay that much for a Love Is War DX Miku, but that's about it.
I did, but got no replies, hence "still looking" :p
I can't find any webshops to import from though; is BBTS located in the US, or in Japan? Because I can't deal with Fedex or UPS shipping from the US to Canada, that crap is 100% chance of customs fees I don't want to deal with, lol.

I did, but got no replies, hence "still looking" :p
I can't find any webshops to import from though; is BBTS located in the US, or in Japan? Because I can't deal with Fedex or UPS shipping from the US to Canada, that crap is 100% chance of customs fees I don't want to deal with, lol.

I'm pretty sure they're in the U.S. But they also tend to take a while filling their pre-orders. Nippon-Yasan has it for just a bit more $$$.

chrono01

A small update with Daisy-chan:

She'll be 9800 yen before store discount, so probably closer to around 7,500-8,000 yen [if they offer a decent discount]. For a 1/6 scale, that's a pretty great price. Release is as it was earlier [December].

Since we now have a price, pre-orders should open up very soon. If not tonight then probably by tomorrow [when the site updates].

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

They decide to put Airi Ban and Play Arts Faora up on the same day?! FUCK.

I'm limiting myself to one.
I'd recommend Airi Ban between the two, it wouldn't even be a question for me. But then, I don't particularly like the Play Arts line [especially for the price you pay].

I'd recommend Airi Ban between the two, it wouldn't even be a question for me. But then, I don't particularly like the Play Arts line [especially for the price you pay].

Well.... she is cheaper... And holy fuck is she cuuuuuuuute.

But Faora was so awesome in the movie. And Airi is so tiny... She's only like what? 7"?

Can't deciiiiiiiiide.

chrono01

Well.... she is cheaper... And holy fuck is she cuuuuuuuute.

But Faora was so awesome in the movie. And Airi is so tiny... She's only like what? 7"?

Can't deciiiiiiiiide.
Yeah, Airi Ban is only around 19.5cm tall, that's pretty tiny. I can't see her getting any other figures, though, at least by top-tier manufacturers. :(

It's an easy pass for me, so unfortunately you'll have to struggle with this decision on your own. >_<

It's an easy pass for me, so unfortunately you'll have to struggle with this decision on your own. >_<

Not at all. I'm going to pull a fast one, and buy neither. I'd rather wait for something I absolutely NEED. Like, you know.... if they ever decide to sell something like a Megahouse Labrys that they've been cockteasing everyone with for the past few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom