• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Not at all. I'm going to pull a fast one, and buy neither. I'd rather wait for something I absolutely NEED. Like, you know.... if they ever decide to sell something like a Megahouse Labrys that they've been cockteasing everyone with for the past few months.
That sounds most wise. This hobby is expensive enough, you don't need to spend money on items you're simply 50% in-love with.

I am surprised that it's taking so long for the Labrys to be finished, though. Pre-orders can spring out of nowhere, though, so many this will be one of those situations?

johnsmith

remember me
Might get the Devil Survivor 2 ladies just because of my SMT fandom if they hit the bargain bin, which is very likely since they're by Megahouse. Easy pass for preorders for me though.

Juri is definitely gonna take that facebook vote. Ibuki :(

Also, Airi Ban is head and shoulders above that other DS2 girl. Cute > Weird anti-grav chest.

A small update with Daisy-chan:

She'll be 9800 yen before store discount, so probably closer to around 7,500-8,000 yen [if they offer a decent discount]. For a 1/6 scale, that's a pretty great price. Release is as it was earlier [December].

Since we now have a price, pre-orders should open up very soon. If not tonight then probably by tomorrow [when the site updates].

I will be tempted at that price, but will I cave?! Who knows, that's part of the fun :p

Cheska

YAY! Managed to snag a Koto Asuna after searching all night. Combined my order with Kitty Pryde.

Has anyone who's had either of these two preordered actually receive them or gotten shipment notification?

Thanks a lot :D !

What are the odds of Tharja (or this) being delayed? Might order both at amiami and bite the bullet on EMS...

I'm not sure to be honest. I thought Tharja was being manufactured by Max Factory, but she's listed under GSC everywhere and they are known to delay. Hopefully somebody who knows what the deal is there can chime in.

Kotobukiya are good at hitting their dates, from what I've seen.

It started with a custom cape, now I'm thinking of buying this custom mouth piece for my DX12. It really looks so much better than what Hot Toys gives you as a neutral expression.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Custom-...2256?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4174942d70

Hmm that does look good. I received my custom cape from that ebay seller a day or two ago. It really does look a lot better, and is surprisingly easy to get to stay in place. I may be starting down that custom parts rabbit hole with you :p

YAY! Managed to snag a Koto Asuna after searching all night. Combined my order with Kitty Pryde.

Has anyone who's had either of these two preordered actually receive them or gotten shipment notification?

Congrats! You mean the aincrad Asuna one? She shipped last month from amiami. Not sure about KP.

Bombless

Turns out Mai was at the Post Office since Monday. Poor thing, suffering because I'm too lazy to open my mailbox when I pass by it.

6TPogaN.jpg

This wrong has now been righted!

Edit : Psylocke Up on Amiami, 5480yen, late November release. http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-5647&page=top

Jube3

Finished the 1948 Indian re-paint :D I need to make some sort of kickstand before I shelf it as the one it came with came broken. I think im going to use the pose in the last photo for the shelf.

9206157255_029443b660_z.jpg
9206156705_a9e84d4176_z.jpg
9208938916_5ef38d4aa0_z.jpg

9206156757_b91a348d5a_z.jpg
9206157201_bf1a635f19_z.jpg
9206157455_fbd1dc87e2_z.jpg

9208938800_57fb53687a.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
I've never heard of a Kotobukiya figure selling out in less than a day. Kotobukiya figures rarely sell out at all. That's insane.

sky

Damn, I was literally on the page and it was in stock, but I was still debating whether I wanted it or not :(

Yup :( :( ... keep watching because they sometimes restock again.

I have a sudden urge to collect idolmaster figures... yay or nay?
Never played any of the games, but these characters have a really appealing and crisp quality to them. Nice proportions and lines... overall very cute.

3Skdqv2.jpg

Yup :( :( ... keep watching because they sometimes restock again.

I have a sudden urge to collect idolmaster figures... yay or nay?
Never played any of the games, but the characters have a really appealing and crisp quality to them. Nice proportions and lines.

3Skdqv2.jpg

I wasn't interested in the first idolmaster figmas, but I'm really loving these sisters. I just adore their expressions, so I may just pick them up!
I don't know anything about Idolmaster either.

Jessicat

I'm pretty sure they're in the U.S. But they also tend to take a while filling their pre-orders. Nippon-Yasan has it for just a bit more $$$.
I could've sworn that wasn't there when I checked a couple days ago o_O
Although I'm having a bit of a derp moment and can't figure out how to get an item out of my cart on N-Y ._.; Help? XD

I started collecting the MonsterArts figures because they were more affordable & available than other kaiju figure lines, but it seems like that's not the case anymore ._.; After Biollante I think the only other one I'd want is Baragon XD

Those Idolmaster sisters get a yay from me. I don't know anything about the series either.

I could've sworn that wasn't there when I checked a couple days ago o_O
Although I'm having a bit of a derp moment and can't figure out how to get an item out of my cart on N-Y ._.; Help? XD

I started collecting the MonsterArts figures because they were more affordable & available than other kaiju figure lines, but it seems like that's not the case anymore ._.; After Biollante I think the only other one I'd want is Baragon XD

Hit the minus symbol next to the Quantity. If there's 1 item it'll remove it.

That's the thing, there isn't a minus symbol there ._.; It's really bothering me because I dunno how it got there since I already pre-ordered the item that's in my cart XD

Ah right, well at least that's not on you :p If cache clearing doesn't fix it then it might be a sign that you should pre-order a spare.

chrono01

Damn, the one time I decide not to check AmiAmi before I leave and it's the time they decide to put Daisy-chan up. -_-

Oh well, AmiAmi should hopefully have more tonight. They tend to stagger pre-orders for the first few days for in-demand items [especially those from Kotobukiya], so there's still hope!

I've never heard of a Kotobukiya figure selling out in less than a day. Kotobukiya figures rarely sell out at all. That's insane.
It happens quite frequently for Kotobukiya figures actually, most recently [aside from Daisy-chan] with Kobato. I don't know if Kotobukiya's production numbers are just that much lower compared to everyone else, or if demand just exceeds available stock [that's more than likely it]. Regardless, stores should re-stock for a day or two, and then close pre-orders permanently.

I'm hoping the same thing happens here!

Edit - By the way, HLJ still has Daisy-chan [AmiAmi, HS, BIJ all sold out]:

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYPP-529/Fig

She's a bit more expensive, but I'm not willing to take the risk of any other place not allowing more pre-orders. I pre-ordered one there just in-case AmiAmi doesn't restock tonight. If they do, I'll cancel my HLJ pre-order.

zoku88

Kobato was another figure I wanted that I missed D:

And lol at the HLJ name. No wonder I couldn't find it.

"Heroin"

Dazy? Come on HLJ, what you playing at. No wonder I couldn't find it.

In other news, my Max Factory Mari came today. She was about 5,000 JPY cheaper than the going price because the box is kinda fucked up.

FgjHHl1.jpg

loQzuQj.jpg

The figure itself is all good though. Can't say enough nice things about it. They matched the artwork incredibly well. I actually like her more than the Yoshizawa Mitsumasa version by Yamato, which is a first. Different outfit though, so they're both worth owning.

chrono01

Kobato was another figure I wanted that I missed D:

And lol at the HLJ name. No wonder I couldn't find it.

"Heroin"
Yeah, I got a nice laugh out of that. Nice going, HLJ!

Asuna was another Kotobukiya that sold out within an hour or so. Both her and Kobato had regular restocks [in limited quantities] for a few nights, and then [seemingly] permanently closed. Afterwards, the only ones that came up for pre-order were likely cancelled orders.

Basically, if you want her from AmiAmi [or other similar sites], refresh like crazy tonight when they update [or set up a Figinstock notification]. If you're fast, you might be able to secure her there. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway...

Also, nice Mari, DeadRockstar! The box is pretty well damaged, as you said, but as long as the figure is fine, that's all that matters!

...I say that, and yet I still try, to the best of my ability, to keep the boxes in pristine condition. Ah, to be a collector!

zoku88

I managed to grab a Kobato pre-order later on from HLJ. You should set up a figinstock alert just in case.

Yeah, I got a nice laugh out of that. Nice going, HLJ!

Asuna was another Kotobukiya that sold out within an hour or so. Both her and KObato had regular restocks [in limited quantities] for a few nights, and then [seemingly] permanently closed. Afterwards, the only ones that came up for pre-order were likely cancelled orders.

Basically, if you want her from AmiAmi [or other similar sites], refresh like crazy tonight when they update [or set up a Figinstock notification]. If you're fast, you might be able to secure her there. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway...
Q: Why have I never heard of figinstock before?

A: Because zoku88 is a noob and didn't read the OP D:

I have this bad habit of being absent-minded. I usually see pre-orders on the days that they open, but I always hesitate. And sometimes I plain forget until months afterwards D:

Also, nice Mari, DeadRockstar! The box is pretty well damaged, as you said, but as long as the figure is fine, that's all that matters!

...I say that, and yet I still try, to the best of my ability, to keep the boxes in pristine condition. Ah, to be a collector!

Thanks man! Although I don't mind buying a damaged box, I definitely try and keep all my boxes in the condition I received them in. In practice that means keeping them built and taking up an obnoxious amount of space, but you know, sacrifices must be made.

5,000!?!

I would purposefully choose a jacked up box every single time if it was even half that much of a discount.

Lol definitely. I was kind of surprised just how much they took off to be honest. I was close to giving up on getting her because the prices she was appearing at were getting stupid, but the discount pushed the price into more comfortable territory.

Q: Why have I never heard of figinstock before?

A: Because zoku88 is a noob and didn't read the OP D:

I have this bad habit of being absent-minded. I usually see pre-orders on the days that they open, but I always hesitate. And sometimes I plain forget until months afterwards D:

The only thing about figinstock is that the emails tend to arrive quite early stateside. Like, 5am EST. But I actually got my Hacker Chelsea that way. I randomly woke up on my own about 4 seconds before I heard the email sound from my phone, and I checked on the off-chance it was an alert about Chelsea. It was fate!

Hmm that does look good. I received my custom cape from that ebay seller a day or two ago. It really does look a lot better, and is surprisingly easy to get to stay in place. I may be starting down that custom parts rabbit hole with you :p
Awesome. You should post some pics! Crazy how weighty it is and how well it hangs, right? I don't think I'll make a habit of buying custom parts, but Batman deserves to look as good as possible! Even Hot Toys isn't perfect every time.

Elixir

Actually, not so.

Kotobukiya's figures are increasingly selling on the first day of preorders (see: Kuroneko, Kobato, Tsukiko, Asuka, Asuna), but typically have multiple restocks as time goes on before release. This mainly happens with Kotobukiya, so it seems like they're restricting stores to order in a small quantity per manufacturing request. It has nothing to do with making the figures to order as people would likely assume, but rather how Kotobukiya's managing their distribution. It's pretty much a given that this Tony figure will be restocked multiple time before release, but those, too, will likely sell out.

Koto's figures aren't really what I'd call rare, but making them more desirable by being difficult to obtain (and word of mouth by the consumers that they've sold out - which is exactly what they're wanting you to do, and is exactly what you're doing) is a common business practice in selling one's product after they've become an established name. Seems to be working out quite well for them so far.

zoku88

The only thing about figinstock is that the emails tend to arrive quite early stateside. Like, 5am EST. But I actually got my Hacker Chelsea that way. I randomly woke up on my own about 4 seconds before I heard the email sound from my phone, and I checked on the off-chance it was an alert about Chelsea. It was fate!

Not a problem! PST means that I'm still awake at that time! :D

Need to fix sleeping habits...

sky

Elixir said:
Koto's figures aren't really what I'd call rare, but making them more desirable by being difficult to obtain (and word of mouth by the consumers that they've sold out - which is exactly what they're wanting
Yeah, the possibility of being quickly sold out turns a "sort of want" figure in to a "gotta have dis now!! Setting figinstock omg" situation. But at the end of the day, you either have that nice figure or you don't...

Torraz

For those using nippon-yasan (and ask for mark down in price / sent as gift), what shipment option do you choose? Eco (non registered), Eco (registered + insurance) or another option?

Awesome. You should post some pics! Crazy how weighty it is and how well it hangs, right? I don't think I'll make a habit of buying custom parts, but Batman deserves to look as good as possible! Even Hot Toys isn't perfect every time.

Yeah I was really impressed with how well the material hangs and how much closer to the real deal it looks. I'm happy to get customs that make such a big difference, but like you, I'm going to try not to make a habit of it. I had to bail out of the SCC Iron Man Mark VII thread when I saw the pics from a guy that modded the eye slits to look slimmer and diffuse the light better. It did look better but I didn't even notice it wasn't perfect 'til he pointed it out.

I should get some pics. Figures would be a good excuse to learn to use the camera I've had for a year or two now, instead of my phone.

For those using nippon-yasan (and ask for mark down in price / sent as gift), what shipment option do you choose? Eco (non registered), Eco (registered + insurance) or another option?

I pick registered personally. It's not much more and seems worth it in case something screws up. I basically always go SAL registered unless it's multiple figures then EMS instead. I know some people have been using unregistered for years with no problems though, so it's really up to you.

Torraz

Yeah I was really impressed with how well the material hangs and how much closer to the real deal it looks. I'm happy to get customs that make such a big difference, but like you, I'm going to try not to make a habit of it. I had to bail out of the SCC Iron Man Mark VII thread when I saw the pics from a guy that modded the eye slits to look slimmer and diffuse the light better. It did look better but I didn't even notice it wasn't perfect 'til he pointed it out.

I should get some pics. Figures would be a good excuse to learn to use the camera I've had for a year or two now, instead of my phone.

I pick registered personally. It's not much more and seems worth it in case something screws up. I basically always go SAL registered unless it's multiple figures then EMS instead. I know some people have been using unregistered for years with no problems though, so it's really up to you.

Thanks.

Jube3

That Captain looks awesome

Anyone picking up this version, I love it

ZFYTH5i.jpg

I'm def interested but for me its going to come down to what he comes with and the price. I wonder if he comes with another head. It would be cool to grab this and pose him lifting up the white harley but I already have 3 caps and I will add the Winter Soldier cap if they make it so I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom