• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

Which script are you using for Nox? Using the one from reddit and it doesn't work it tries to click all characters instead of auto and fails at it.

Lyrian

Slow news day, I suppose.

New event is clear, ELT took 2 tries to get all the achievements.

Took a couple pulls for D.Fina, and got everyone else on the banner. Logic says I should stop pulling for the week, but meh....

Yay for another week of TM farming?

Don't think I've ever wanted a Mog King even to show up to do something this week before now. Guess I get to enjoy other games for a change this week?

I like how he hopes to get 2 Dark Fina with the amount of lapis he had at the beginning of the video. That cursed him real bad.

I appreciate the folks that do the pull videos because they help me talk myself out of pulling....I just don't get why you would pull 500 times for a unit.

Edit: Just watched the whole thing. Jesus, it took him 598 total pulls had 8 total rainbows and I think only 3/8 were base 5*s....also 114 Elle's hahahahaha. Like I can't even feel bad for that guy.

eggydoo

Ugh, did another ELT run and the game crashed at soul aspirator and now lost 15 NRG..
Think I'm just gonna skip this event for now unless it gets patched.

I started playing this a couple days ago and enjoying it so far. I'm just now starting to put it all together, lol.

Please add me if you have space on your list (keep in mind I'm still a lvl 14 noob, 090,865,318.

Added, I would recommend putting something about GAF in your message so people here know and don't accidentally delete you later! Welcome to the game by the way, if you have any questions definitely stop by and ask! :D

I have 4 more slots, not sure if there is anyone else I am missing but send me a request if I am!

Lyrian

Yes!

ELT clear, no TM and no base 5 star :D

The MVP: Cloud of darkness as usual.
The 2nd MVP: fucking INGUS.

CoD --> Comeback?
Ignus --> Full Break?

ELT seemed to be just a matter of having the breaks needed to debuff Fina, the HP to survive her nukes, and the capacity to cure her status effects (Comeback) and heal back up (double Curaja or so).

Sound about right?

Valentus

CoD --> Comeback?
Ignus --> Full Break?

ELT seemed to be just a matter of having the breaks needed to debuff Fina, the HP to survive her nukes, and the capacity to cure her status effects (Comeback) and heal back up (double Curaja or so).

Sound about right?

I am uploading the video now (30 minutes! (the final battle took me like 7 minutes... its the fucking ochu that slowed me lol)

Basically the party was this:

Refia
Ingus
Cecil
CoD
Mercedes
Friend CoD

The strategy was the following

First turn:

Cecil LB
Ingus Full Break
CoDs and Mercedes Barrage
Refia stare the sky

Majin Fina killed one of my CoDs and stoned my cecil

Turn 2:

Refia Full Life
Ingus unicorn horn
Cecil Curaja
Mercedes and CoD Barrage

Turn 3:

Refia Curaja
Ingus Esuna in the unit paralized
Cecil Provoke
Barrage x3

And basically the fight goes on like that. +70% ATK/DEF/SPR is a fucking protective wall and very good to start the battle.

I did like 300k damage per barrage waves.

Quonny

Man how did you guys beat the story without grinding like crazy? Luckily I'm abusing GAF units for ezpz clears, but man.

Man how did you guys beat the story without grinding like crazy? Luckily I'm abusing GAF units for ezpz clears, but man.

Thats exactly how in the beginning, strong friend units can take you far! We have had a lot of events and stuff to gear up which helps a lot

Lyrian

Story mode... as in the game's general story?

Had plenty of time to grind up when each island was one month per release. I'm sitting on 6 months played, give or take.

Muku

A lot of us started at the beginning, or close enough to the beginning when only a bit of the story stuff was out. They open small batches up at a time, so for us, the new story is relatively short. But for someone just starting out, or someone who has neglected it (like I have on my alt), it is one long grind of never ending story.

Lyrian

Here's the video!

19:20 starts the majin fina battle

Ingus is lowkey one of the most useful units nobody ever talks about.

Well played.

The fight played out about as well as could be expected. I would have done the same actions, perhaps except in the final turn. I don't think I would have pressed the gambit that you had enough damage for the kill and would have raised Ingus and tanked one more turn before ending the fight.

Red Mages never get any respect, especially in a game that's generally all about damage per turn. Still, they perform that critical third cog role that no one likes to talk about, providing that clutch status cure so that the healer can actually heal and debuffing enemies so that the DPS units can actually DPS.

In a perfect world, where the game is actually balanced and there aren't units hitting for hundreds of thousands of damage per swing, Valentus demonstrated how the game likely was designed to be played strategically.

Technically, the Friend unit did have TMs (at least dual wield because 8x barrage), but there isn't much that can really be done about that in the current state of the game. So, meh about rules lawyering in this scenario. A notable achievement nonetheless.

/applause

One question: Your Refia has 6100 HP. I tend to play defensively and stack HP, but I don't believe that my Refia reaches 6k HP. Did you just stack tons of HP 10/15% on her?

Muku

dubc, I sent you a request. Try editing your message though to say something about GAF. Otherwise when I need FL room you may be first on chopping block. GAF > strangers and without the tag I assume you are a stranger.

Lyrian

Weekly arena got fixed.

ATK pots being awarded this week. That will make things interesting for sure all of a sudden.

Valentus

Well played.

The fight played out about as well as could be expected. I would have done the same actions, perhaps except in the final turn. I don't think I would have pressed the gambit that you had enough damage for the kill and would have raised Ingus and tanked one more turn before ending the fight.

Red Mages never get any respect, especially in a game that's generally all about damage per turn. Still, they perform that critical third cog role that no one likes to talk about, providing that clutch status cure so that the healer can actually heal and debuffing enemies so that the DPS units can actually DPS.

In a perfect world, where the game is actually balanced and there aren't units hitting for hundreds of thousands of damage per swing, Valentus demonstrated how the game likely was designed to be played strategically.

Technically, the Friend unit did have TMs (at least dual wield because 8x barrage), but there isn't much that can really be done about that in the current state of the game. So, meh about rules lawyering in this scenario. A notable achievement nonetheless.

/applause

One question: Your Refia has 6100 HP. I tend to play defensively and stack HP, but I don't believe that my Refia reaches 6k HP. Did you just stack tons of HP 10/15% on her?

Thank you.

At the end of the video i show the equip of my units. Refia had equipped:

Gold Staff
Creepy Mask
Sage's Robe
Muscle Belt x2

Hp+10%
Hp+10%
Guardian's Autorithy
Hp+15%

The big buff of her HP is because she is max pot'd. So the percentual HP modifiers affects her way better than a vanilla refia.

dubc35

Added, I would recommend putting something about GAF in your message so people here know and don't accidentally delete you later! Welcome to the game by the way, if you have any questions definitely stop by and ask! :D

I have 4 more slots, not sure if there is anyone else I am missing but send me a request if I am!

dubc, I sent you a request. Try editing your message though to say something about GAF. Otherwise when I need FL room you may be first on chopping block. GAF > strangers and without the tag I assume you are a stranger.

Thank you both! I will add a GAF tag to my message. Thanks for the heads up!

Just added you!

Lyrian

Thank you.

At the end of the video i show the equip of my units. Refia had equipped:

Gold Staff
Creepy Mask
Sage's Robe
Muscle Belt x2

Hp+10%
Hp+10%
Guardian's Autorithy
Hp+15%

The big buff of her HP is because she is max pot'd. So the percentual HP modifiers affects her way better than a vanilla refia.

That's what I get got turning off the video after verifying the win, lol.

Your loadout is fairly close to mine. Had an MP 20% on her, but she really doesn't need it anymore now that MP pots exist. Can't remember the last time I blew through 400+ MP in a battle. Swapped it out for an HP 10% and it boosted my Refia to right at 6k HP.

Muku

Watching that whale video was .. wow. LOL trolled HARD. More satisfying to watch him bomb hard, with all that money, then me bombing hard with all that non existant money.

I mean I'm just asking for one fantastic pull each time I gamble on it, such as that rainbow Gilgamesh he got.

All those pulls, damn. What's Elle's TMR?

tuffymon

Yay! finished off Seal of Destruction and Power of Creation today. So productive... if only I'd finish leveling Noctis >.>;

Elles is 20% hp and 10% def/spr if i recall right

Just finished Sakurafubuki #2 and Black Cowl #1. Surprisingly not as much of an upgrade as I'd thought. Plus, the passives from Noct and Greg are awesome, but Light ain't got none.

Working on Seal of Destruction #1 and #2, Bracer #1 and 2, and Brave Suit...

Whizkid7

YESSSSS!!!! Dual Wield finally FINISHED! First premium TM and Chiz is gonna be very happy with it. Went and blazed through the first three levels of event, then for shits and giggles decided to throw the extra ticket I got at the rare summon.

Zk4rlMC.jpg

Guys? GUYS IM KINDA SCARED HERE. THE LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED IT WAS EDGE

kRysseE.jpg

OH GOD NOT AGAIN I CANT-Wait. That's not Edge. That's not Edge at all! Hooray! This makes me feel much better about failing on the Noctis banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom