• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

CLBridges

No Sazh at endgame...that's racist lol j/k! But yeah, I actually had Fang, Light and Vanille actually. What can I say, I luv the ladies lol.

LuuKyK

No Sazh at endgame...that's racist lol j/k! But yeah, I actually had Fang, Light and Vanille actually. What can I say, I luv the ladies lol.

Honestly Sazh was only useful early/mid-game for the Haste ability and some very specific battles, Vanille and Hope were better medics/buffers/debuffers and ravagers overall.

Gojeran

Damn you GMG! I'm back in for 10 bucks. Not sure when I'll get around to playing it again but hopefully it shines on PC and isn't a hack job port.

HeelPower

I think Sazh is excellent if you main him.

Blitz does massive damage.

I always wanted to main Sazh for a full game(Light always ends up winning for some reason O;)

Sazh is an amazing character.

There is nothing quite like Light leading the charge though.

Hmm, I'm starting to get excited for the game, didn't think I would, after all these years hearing nothing but hyperboles about how the game sucks.

Bring it on, make me forget XV for a while =P

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm, I'm starting to get excited for the game, didn't think I would, after all these years hearing nothing but hyperboles about how the game sucks.

You should be excited :D!

I always wanted to main Sazh for a full game(Light always ends up winning for some reason O;)

damn right

ffxiii-29.20.11610.jpg

CLBridges

For a little while I got caught up in the negativity surrounding the game and personally voiced some complaints.

But, I went back and played it with an open mind some months ago and think it's a solid entry. Well worth the price of entry on PC, IMO.

You should be excited :D!
\o/, hopefully I can preload the game and start playing as soon as it's available.

Pretty much how I feel right now too.
ikr, I kinda like it XD

For a little while I got caught up in the negativity surrounding the game and personally voiced some complaints.

But, I went back and played it with an open mind some months ago and think it's a solid entry. Well worth the price of entry on PC, IMO.

Oh, the price is totally worth it, even if it runs on 480p 15FPS
okay, not really, but it's super worth it

Hastati

Never played the sequels, but looking back at the time I was enjoying this game. Came close to finishing it, but might be worth doing over again just to check out the world at a higher res. I wonder how the assets will look downsampled?

Also going with English dub >:O

Raitningz

I've had multiple playthroughs and I've never used another party leader mostly... I'd rather gimp myself than not have Light as the leader. To this day, I have never summoned Alexander, Bahamut and Brynhildr yet despite having a few hundred hours clocked. I actually also have no idea what Cold Blood, Soverign Fist etc. etc. looks like and how much they do.

I spent all my Gil on Lightning too, upgrading all her weapons and accessories. It didn't bother me that everyone else had level 1 crap lmao

HeelPower

damn right

ffxiii-29.20.11610.jpg

I've had multiple playthroughs and I've never used another party leader mostly... I'd rather gimp myself than not have Light as the leader. To this day, I have never summoned Alexander, Bahamut and Brynhildr yet despite having a few hundred hours clocked. I actually also have no idea what Cold Blood, Soverign Fist etc. etc. looks like and how much they do.

I spent all my Gil on Lightning too, upgrading all her weapons and accessories. It didn't bother me that everyone else had level 1 crap lmao

yup..

Easily the most fun character to main by a mile

I just love her running animation in XIII as well as battle quotes, animations..She really is the best one.

I like her best as commando and ravager too..She does massive damage when she switches constantly between them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I personally like Hope's running animation the most!

Raitningz

So if the game has random encounters, should I stand still every time a dialogue starts?

Or it's not random encounters? Or the dialogue resumes after the battle?

You can see the monsters on the field, and you must hit them or they must hit you for you to enter a battle instance.

HeelPower

So if the game has random encounters, should I stand still every time a dialogue starts?

Or it's not random encounters? Or the dialogue resumes after the battle?

you can enable subtitles and keep moving.

Enemies are completely visible and you can decide when you want to engage an enemy.

I think for the most part you won't miss anything.

onken

Already got platinum on PS3 so will pass on this one but will definitely get 2 & LR when they finally hit.

You can see the monsters on the field, and you must hit them or they must hit you for you to enter a battle instance.
you can enable subtitles and keep moving.

Enemies are completely visible and you can decide when you want to engage an enemy.

I think for the most part you won't miss anything.

Got it, I love dialogues during gameplay, so I would have probably stopped every time they started talking =P

Good to know there's no random encounters though, it's the thing that I can never get used to.

Gvaz

Banned
Sorry, Chocobo Chick > Sazh > Fang > Vanille > Snow > Hope > Serah > Lightning

Lightning is so boring, her sister isn't that much better, hope is a whiny child, snow is kind of okay, vanille is boring, fang owns and is the best, sazh is the 1# best, but chocobo chick is god tier.

Yo team Sazh, I'm gone for the night, you guys keep on keepin' on.

=P

I'll probably start studying the battle system when I wake up.

LuuKyK

Sorry, Chocobo Chick > Sazh > Fang > Vanille > Snow > Hope > Serah > Lightning

Lightning is so boring, her sister isn't that much better, hope is a whiny child, snow is kind of okay, vanille is boring, fang owns and is the best, sazh is the 1# best, but chocobo chick is god tier.

Chocobocolina! ~

Duderz

Banned
I started playing my brother's copy on PS3 just for the hell of it, and good god these characters and storytelling is some of the worst I've sat through since Other M. Is the whole game this cringeworthy? I think I'm on chapter 2.

kudoboi

so as someone coming into the series with this game.. what is the best way to re cap everything that happened prior to this game? i really don't want to play 12 games to get the full story

aravuus

so as someone coming into the series with this game.. what is the best way to re cap everything that happened prior to this game? i really don't want to play 12 games to get the full story

No need to, every game is a completely different beast.

e: well aside from x-2 and xiii-2 and lightning returns, those are direct sequels, x-2 to x and xiii-2 + lr to xiii

I have $10... I don't want to play FFXIII again.... but I have $10... and with the code in the first post I could buy it... but... I don't want to play FFXIII again... Why the fuck am I fighting with myself so hard to justify not buying it?

Toriyama drug my water or something?

Top Bottom