• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
How long is this game anyway? I know that the game "opens up" around the middle of the game.

It took me about 60 hours to beat it the first time, i didn't do any extra side missions, and obviously you can't farm anything besides items or overlevel so i went straight for the end

I forgot about it for a few weeks, but gamespark has had 2 screens given to them by SE apparently.

http://www.gamespark.jp/article/2014/09/19/51695.html
Aren't those just screenshots taken from the Steam store page?

Also, here's the control schemes for people who missed it:

IxZ6iq6.jpg

cHqZqrF.jpg

I remember renting this game at Hollywood Video when they were still around. I got to Gran Pulse and I was enjoying the combat system and the characters/story. I purchased the game soon after but my PS3 broke and I the lost the save. Hopefully this pc release isn't a bad port because it would be a nice way to get back into the game.

Don't worry, after everything we heard recently about XV I'd rather have XIII anyway :p
me too man, complete action battle system does nothing for me and the cast is awful

with XIV ARR being the worst game ever made (I've now decided on this title for it just because of 400 hours of regret, ET only stole 5 minutes from me) I'm pretty excited to play XIII again.

I'm really hoping I can get it to run at eyefinity resolutions.

About the length, no idea how long it takes to just beat it, since I did most of the side missions before my first completion, but for platinum it took me 92 hours.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Again, thank you all for the compliments! Makes this whole thing 100% worth it!

Brick

Seriously fantastic job, Yoshi.

Can anyone tell me why I considering picking this up, even though I didn't care much for the 15 hours or so I put into it originally? I may have a problem.

aravuus

Seriously fantastic job, Yoshi.

Can anyone tell me why I considering picking this up, even though I didn't care much for the 15 hours or so I put into it originally? I may have a problem.

Because now you know what to expect and thus won't be disappointed.

I've played a bunch of games that let me down and left a bitter taste in my mouth the first time I played them, but were blast the second time around when I knew what to expect. I'm thinking the same will happen with FF XIII now.

Awesome Thread OP.

I'd probably play again for on PC $15. Now I'm a bit blown that smartphone ports are equally priced.. I'd rather not buy FF6 iOS at the same price as FF13 PC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: test finished! Giveaway coming up soon :D

I've been wanting to give FFXIII another try for awhile now. I want to use my wallet and go slightly above my usual Steam sale lows to support the release of more SE games in the future, but it still has to be a little lower than the ~$14 preorder on Steam.

GMG price is really good, though. May give in.

legacyzero

Banned
Already preordered. HATED the game on 360, but I wanna reward S-E for paying attention to PC like they are.

Greater good, and all that.

antitrop

Took me 35h to finish the game.

Wow. That was my average for like FF6-9, but 10, 12, and 13 all took me about 50 hours (and I don't really do sidequests).

I enjoyed the extended length of 10 and 12, but 13 dragged on for at least 20 hours too long.

Yoshichan

il4a6vLNsJJnc.png

This is a simple contest that I felt that I needed to do. During the events of the FFXIII PC unveil, I was so god damn hyped that my initial hyperbole reaction was "I'M GOING TO DONATE THIS TO FIVE GAFERS". Of course, I knew that money is on the low side this month - but that's none of your business! Today, the only business you'll be making is (hopefully) getting a copy of FFXIII on Steam! So let's get on with it, shall we?

This contest ends exactly 24 hours after this post has been made.
3rd October
- 12 at noon EST
- 9 AM pst
- 5 PM GMT
What do you have to do in order to win a copy? If you've played FFXIII previously, jump to the second quote below. If FFXIII will be a brand new experience, just read the first quote below this sentence.
If this is your first time playing FFXIII
Send me a PM and explain 1: why you want to play this game and 2: why you didn't play this on the PS3/360.
If you have played FFXIII before
Send me a PM why you want to re-experience the game again.
And that's it folks! Remember, it does not matter how fast you send your PM. As long as you send the PM before the contest closes, you'll have just as high chance of winning as anyone else.

Good luck!

Grief.exe

We know nothing. It might pull a Dark Souls and be locked to 720p and 30fps. :p I wonder what's up with the file size. It's over 10GB smaller than the PS3 version.

There is more optimized compression software now then back then, it's still larger than the 360 version if I remember correctly.

antitrop

Sounds like you don't hate it so much after all. Sounds like quite a few people around here feel that way.

I hate the story and the characters, love the graphics, soundtrack, and battle system.

Story and characters are the game, though. The things I love about it are of secondary importance, overall.

Weetrick

il4a6vLNsJJnc.png

And that's it folks! Remember, it does not matter how fast you send your PM. As long as you send the PM before the contest closes, you'll have just as high chance of winning as anyone else.

Good luck!

I sent you a PM at 8:59 AM PST - just made it! Thanks for doing this contest!

Yoshichan

Wow, I went AFK and when I came back and started reading some of these PMs... the amount of goosebumps... it's amazing! You guys rock. It's gonna be so frikkin' tough choosing the best ones, but you've all done a great job.

Yoshichan

Do you plan on posting the stories anonymously?
I'll post on GAF who the winners are - and I'll post plenty of stories, including the winning contributions. Every contribution I post in public will obviously be put anonymously!

Top Bottom