• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

No, you can choose to use it or not, according to everything I've read.

This is correct. You maintain the effects of Fantasia until you actually save a new character appearance, so if you opt not to change anything and log in instead you just get the option the next time.

Dunan

Fired up the PS4 to see about loading my pre-order, purchased on the PSN, and the PSN Store says I have to wait 1 day and 7 hours.

Anyone else getting this?

PSA for anyone else having this problem: I solved it (though there is probably a better way).

I went to the PSN Store web site on my computer and viewed my Downloads List. I clicked "Download to PS4" for Heavensward (and the FFXIV theme, which came with the pre-order).

Turned on the PS4, and both started downloading.

Ken

Darkness looking Heavensward already.

11143370_10152757626526841_7679332653343743736_o.jpg

Jayhawk

I was referring to the beast tribe quests that allow you to turn in as a DoW/DoM... isn't that what you were talking about?

Even those other tribes give like 10k to 11k exp each quest and who knows how much exp the new beast tribes give. The exp from 30 dailies while waiting in dungeon queues or whatever is not nothing for those who don't use Ixali dailies for their crafters.

Sorian

Banned
Even those other tribes give like 10k to 11k exp each quest and who knows how much exp the new beast tribes give. The exp from 30 dailies while waiting in dungeon queues or whatever is not nothing for those who don't use Ixali dailies for their crafters.

Their quests won't be in if I remember right? So moot point.

Jayhawk

Their quests won't be in if I remember right? So moot point.

I suppose you are correct. I wonder how much experience points Duty Roulettes for Trials and Main Scenario will give. They don't give you experience points if you do them outside of roulette.

BadRNG

Yeah but guys, 10 extra potency on Fire I.

Hm. I guess they want to nerf dungeon speed runs. Damn.
Theoretically the upcoming mobs could have less hp comparatively, so instead of BLMs being super aoe gods they are just like everyone else, and you can speed run efficiently with multiple set ups.
pipe dream

It's also possible future raids will have more add mechanics and they simply wanted to balance things out so BLMs aren't overpowered.

Ruruja

Guys I preordered Heavensward through steam, how do I put the CD key into my mog station to show I have Heavensward?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/06fd1982250e61a5810a24e3ef8c6c7d17987be5

Hmm, I'm sure it had Steam steps in there before... you should have 2 HW keys in the CD Keys part of your Final Fantasy XIV steam library page, one is for heavensward early access and you put that into mogstation using the above steps.

EDIT: See suzu's post below.

It's also possible Fire II is buffed? No one has posted the potency on that I think? Maybe they want people to do proper Fire II rotations instead of just Flare Transpose Fire III Flare etc.

Arkeband

Banned
After working on T13 for a few weeks there was supposed to be an FC doing free runs today on Gilgamesh and they posted at 5:05 PM EST that they couldn't do it after all.

So I guess I'll have to settle going back there at level 60 with either buffed level sync, 20% echo and buffed DoT's/Crit or going back there with 7 players at 60 and just wrecking it.

Jayhawk

Selene now increases auto-attack speed. All these cell phone pictures are better than nothing and I guess the people taking pictures are not being as closely watched as some others.

BadRNG

There's a ton more skills they are posting here.

If I am understanding her right, stoneskin is only 10% now but it's instant cast for WHM? SCH/AST shields cannot stack. MNK gets 220 potency aoe oGCD on only 30s cooldown(goddamn).

Selene now increases auto-attack speed. All these cell phone pictures are better than nothing and I guess the people taking pictures are not being as closely watched as some others.
To add to this, it's not just AA speed, they completely rolled in Skill, Spell, and AA speed into single skill. To replace one of the speed skills Selene gets an aoe esuna now instead.

iammeiam

If I am understanding her right, stoneskin is only 10% now but it's instant cast for WHM? .

That one confused me too, because she's saying Proshell has been replaced by Quick Stoneskin (might just be faster and not instant? instant stoneskin would be nice tho), which makes sense because WHM needs to get something for losing better protect, but doesn't say anything about Graniteskin, which is what made WHM Stoneskin more than 10%. Either Graniteskin will still buff Stoneskin % and she's relaying untraited amounts for some reason, or WHM should get another trait to replace losing Graniteskin? Graniteskin is not listed in the changed abilities/traits, either, so... weird.

aceface

Oh man dissipation grants a full aetherflow stack in addition to healing potency buff. Great for those ultimate oh shit moments when I burned all my stacks like a scrub.

Jayhawk

If I am understanding her right, stoneskin is only 10% now but it's instant cast for WHM? SCH/AST shields cannot stack. MNK gets 220 potency aoe oGCD on only 30s cooldown(goddamn).

To add to this, it's not just AA speed, they completely rolled in Skill, Spell, and AA speed into single skill. To replace one of the speed skills Selene gets an aoe esuna now instead.

And she's responding to Korra's Twitter questions. Our new lord and savior.

BadRNG

That one confused me too, because she's saying Proshell has been replaced by Quick Stoneskin (might just be faster and not instant? instant stoneskin would be nice tho), which makes sense because WHM needs to get something for losing better protect, but doesn't say anything about Graniteskin, which is what made WHM Stoneskin more than 10%. Either Graniteskin will still buff Stoneskin % and she's relaying untraited amounts for some reason, or WHM should get another trait to replace losing Graniteskin? Graniteskin is not listed in the changed abilities/traits, either, so... weird.
Third alternative is that the base is now lower than 10% and Graniteskin makes it 10%. I have no idea why they'd do that though, only one who ever used it cross class much was PLD.

Stuart444

Oh man dissipation grants a full aetherflow stack in addition to healing potency buff. Great for those ultimate oh shit moments when I burned all my stacks like a scrub.

use 3 lustrates while the tank is not using CDs and gathering everything in the dungeon together. -> dissipation -> 3 more lustrates + buffed healing skills -> tank still dies cause dps is too slow and he doesn't use CDs -> SCH gets shouted at.

Sounds about right.

Third alternative is that the base is now lower than 10% and Graniteskin makes it 10%. I have no idea why they'd do that though, only one who ever used it cross class much was PLD.

SCHs use Stoneskin for 4-man stuff + when you get paired with another SCH in 8-man / 24-man stuff.

Stuart444

I guess before a pull? Unless there's a huge gear disparity between you and a tank it'd be hard to make it worth it over ald during a fight.

Before a pull and maybe when you know a bit hit is coming and don't trust the tank to mitigate it correctly. A quick Adlo + SS (or Swift SS) can really help. Also when you get two SCH' in a DF coil that needs mitigation for big hits since shields don't stack.

Speaking of, they say SCH/AST shields don't stack, is that like AST shields don't stack with other AST shields like it is now with two SCHs (aka something we already knew ) or is it AST shields don't stack with SCH shields (which would suck)

Do someone know if you most have done all the main story line to get to Ishgard?

Yes, since the next storyline quest (which will take you to Ishgard) takes place right after the 2.55 main story so you need to have that done to enter it.

BadRNG

Do someone know if you most have done all the main story line to get to Ishgard?
You do, need the entire MQ up to and including the 2.55 stuff.

Speaking of, they say SCH/AST shields don't stack, is that like AST shields don't stack with other AST shields like it is now with two SCHs (aka something we already knew ) or is it AST shields don't stack with SCH shields (which would suck)
The latter, AST shields don't stack with SCH. You'll have to go the heal stance I guess if running AST/SCH.

Can someone help this new player with a few questions? I read the OP but I don't quite understand these points:

1.) I am playing the free trial on Steam. I ordered the $10 PC version from Amazon. The OP says these are different, so what happens when I use the code, and how does this affect me if I want the expansion eventually?

2.) I am level 16 and now have access to the other two cities. There are tons of LVL 1 quests here. Am I supposed to leave these for leveling other classes and just go for the quests that are my level? My urge is to just do everything but I want to know if it will make it harder if I want to diversify.

3.) OP says consensus is to max level your main class before looking at side classes like crafting etc. Can I get a link or explanation as to why this is?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Holy got nerfed.

10% less damage to second target, 20% less for third, and so on.

88.gif

The hell. And you can't exactly dispense with a WHM as cool as AST is because with the new MND values giving up 3% party MND bonus is impossible, so then you'd have to remove SCH, and take SMN, but SMN doesn't have an INT bonus so you'd have to take a BLM as well, but what if you don't want 3 casters. I'm kinda pissed right now at this tbh.

DarkKyo

Looking for some advice. Trying to get my PC version re-setup for the early access on Friday and I'm having some issues getting my DS4 to connect correctly. Can anyone recommend the current best program/method for enabling DS4 controllers for FFXIV? What do you guys use?

Finished everything I needed to do pre-HW minus HIldi quests which I'll finish before the servers go down. I'm ready to become the best MCH there is.

Debating on if I want to return to the GAF FC or not. It's not like I know any of you so I dunno. :p

Sorry, reposting for a new page...

Can someone help this new player with a few questions? I read the OP but I don't quite understand these points:

1.) I am playing the free trial on Steam. I ordered the $10 PC version from Amazon. The OP says these are different, so what happens when I use the code, and how does this affect me if I want the expansion eventually?

2.) I am level 16 and now have access to the other two cities. There are tons of LVL 1 quests here. Am I supposed to leave these for leveling other classes and just go for the quests that are my level? My urge is to just do everything but I want to know if it will make it harder if I want to diversify.

3.) OP says consensus is to max level your main class before looking at side classes like crafting etc. Can I get a link or explanation as to why this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom