• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
Still no word on queueing with a chocobo out...hopefully that'll be in the full in-depth patch notes along with details on all the new skills and abilities.

That aside, very exciting stuff. 2 days until EU PSN pre-orders open and the wait is excruciating. I'm still torn on what I want to do first, immediately take BLM to 60 via the main story, or get Machinist to 50 and then start the story from there. A pleasant dilemma to have I suppose.

Also yes thank you drama for the spreadsheet, it'll be helpful as ever.

Not happening. I feel like they've said as much anyway but if they haven't, this isn't a spoiler or a feature that would affect the market so it would have been in the prelim patch notes.

Still no word on queueing with a chocobo out...hopefully that'll be in the full in-depth patch notes along with details on all the new skills and abilities.

That aside, very exciting stuff. 2 days until EU PSN pre-orders open and the wait is excruciating. I'm still torn on what I want to do first, immediately take BLM to 60 via the main story, or get Machinist to 50 and then start the story from there. A pleasant dilemma to have I suppose.

Also yes thank you drama for the spreadsheet, it'll be helpful as ever.

I believe they said they would have to rework how queuing works and pretty much said they werent gonna do that unless a miracle happened

Eldren

Not happening. I feel like they've said as much anyway but if they haven't, this isn't a spoiler or a feature that would affect the market so it would have been in the prelim patch notes.

I believe they said they would have to rework how queuing works and pretty much said they werent gonna do that unless a miracle happened

Aw...guess I better level all my DPS classes immediately to take advantage of the DRK/AST hype.

MechaX

So SMN can now become Bahamut. Good thing I stuck with this class.

And Bard is getting... uh... turret stance? C'mon man, where are the new hype bard stuff?

Orcastar

Square Enix told me via twitter that collector's editions should be with us by early access day.

Mine still says it's in the warehouse, but they told me they use overnight couriers "where available" so hopefully it will actually be here on Friday.

Fingers crossed.

The shipping status on my CE is currently "Order Sent to Warehouse". Seeing as how Friday is a public holiday here in Finland, the chance of it arriving in time for early access day is zero.

Sorian

Banned
Where do you see shipping status? All I have on my order page is a thing saying validated and it's been like that ever since my account got charged.

Kenai

So SMN can now become Bahamut. Good thing I stuck with this class.

And Bard is getting... uh... turret stance? C'mon man, where are the new hype bard stuff?

I thought that Rain of Arrows /bow was pretty classy. And also they have (by far) the best battle class AF2 design. Something somewhere had to give.

Erekiddo

I'm assuming I can buy the regular edition of Heavensward now and upgrade to the collector's later on? They did that with the base Realm Reborn.

The $20 extra for 4 items is a little steep for me at the moment.

Kenai

I'm assuming I can buy the regular edition of Heavensward now and upgrade to the collector's later on? They did that with the base Realm Reborn.

The $20 extra for 4 items is a little steep for me at the moment.

You do know there's more to it than that, right? :x

Orcastar

Where do you see shipping status? All I have on my order page is a thing saying validated and it's been like that ever since my account got charged.

My Account -> Orders

Looks like this for me:

5d3uYjX.png

WolvenOne

So I purchased the PS4 version of the base game, back when it was on sale for ten dollars flat on Amazon. The free time that comes with that, will that cover my non-beginner sub? Or will I still be paying a few extra dollars to keep my ability to make alts? Also, I'll probably buy another retainer today, so I can clean out my armory chest without stressing over every little thing.

PS: I have early access entered into my account, but I still haven't been sent the # to unlock the full game after early access. I, uh, take it we don't get those until the game goes live?

iammeiam

Heavensward download is up on US PN now, FYI. I couldn't figure out how to trigger it from Library or Store and it didn't seem to autostart, but you can select it from Add-ons when you have FFXIV highlighted to trigger the download

The shipping status on my CE is currently "Order Sent to Warehouse". Seeing as how Friday is a public holiday here in Finland, the chance of it arriving in time for early access day is zero.

damn, that sucks dude. Hopefully whatever courier they use has a skeleton team for overnight shipments.

The good thing is you're not really missing out on anything since the collector's edition and preorder items aren't available til the 23rd anyway. Just nice to have.

Worth pointing out that this is the EU store.

Not sure if you bought from the EU or NA store. I bet they're different.

Heavensward download is up on US PN now, FYI. I couldn't figure out how to trigger it from Library or Store and it didn't seem to autostart, but you can select it from Add-ons when you have FFXIV highlighted to trigger the download

That's just the 1.7GB you download when you first put in the code.

Thought you were talking about the full expansion at first before I checked.

Dunan

Rowena's Splendors Exchange shop is going to haev stuff for high-level crafters:

e76258d6487ea30feb388f9ecc0a926fddc9eca8_99.png

That scene looks like it's on the ramparts outside the building that her shop moved to at some point in the 2.x story, so evidently she's raking in enough gil to expand.

aceface

Do you mean the 1.7gb file or is the whole patch up?

Dunan

Just finished reading the patch notes. I see that we still don't have bigger fonts. Come on, SE: this should be trivial to implement.

WolvenOne

Incidentally, I do find it interesting that when all is said and done, it "looks like," Warrior is getting two new combat abilities. Looks like the rest are cooldowns or stances...

..and for that matter I guess Decimate and Full Cleave could be CD's as well. Either way, it looks like I won't have to change my Crossbar TOO much. (Score.)

iammeiam

Other bard song - nullifies next enfeeblement.
Empyrial arrow - 240 potency.
Iron Jaw - 100 potency.

Song is weird. Is it the "oops we're gonna screw up a mechanic, shield us from the penalty dot" song? And assuming Iron Jaw is 100 potency + DoT refresh.

Also this turns bard into run minuet,Straight Shot, apply DoTs, Empyreal filler, Iron Jaw to refresh, Straight Shot, repeat? Weave in Sidewinder as appropriate.

Iron Jaw and Empyreal arrow work out be like 20 TP cheaper and 180 potency higher DoT refresh every 18 seconds than the current individual application, so that's a thing.

BadRNG

Relax people. We don't know yet how the Bard (and Machinist) will fare with the extension. It is a bit early to worry. I main BRD, but I think I'm gonna give the Summoner a try for a change. Really, the important thing is to have fun with the game, and if one job begins to lag behind the others I'm sure Yoshida's team will improve it. They did improve Dragoon's Magic defense and the job's jumps, for instance, and it seems the Bard will have a higher DPS than before (though that remains to be confirmed).
Most of the BRD complaints about the new changes aren't about how "good" they will be, but how it's a complete departure of what the BRD was all about before now. They are losing their playstyle identity in exchange for more deeps, which is a dumb and unnecessary trade off.

Well they are already reworking it for the ilevel sync/sub amount of members needed stuff. I still don't get why choco is so hard to put in.

ps:
I'm sorry for your loss

BadRNG

Any word on what the full Au Ra character creator options are now? Didn't they say not everything was available in the benchmark version? What was added?
They did say that, but it was awhile before the benchmark was released and I don't think they've mentioned it since then? It's possible they managed to get all the extra options in in time.

Jayhawk

For all the early risers on Friday, remember that you can double dip on a few things for the few hours we get to play before daily reset. This includes beast tribe dailies and duty roulette bonuses. On Friday morning, you can turn in 6 beast tribe dailies from a previous day. Accept 12 beast tribe dailies before daily reset, and accept another 12 beast tribe dailies after the daily reset.

WolvenOne

For all the early risers on Friday, remember that you can double dip on a few things for the few hours we get to play before daily reset. This includes beast tribe dailies and duty roulette bonuses. On Friday morning, you can turn in 6 beast tribe dailies from a previous day. Accept 12 beast tribe dailies before daily reset, and accept another 12 beast tribe dailies after the daily reset.

I take it you're prompting people to do this for the Ixali, so they can get a quick/cheap leg-up on hitting 51?

Jayhawk

I take it you're prompting people to do this for the Ixali, so they can get a quick/cheap leg-up on hitting 51?

Doesn't really matter for which beast tribe. Other beast tribe daily quests give a good amount of experience points for Disciples of War and Magic. EXP for 30 daily quests will probably get you at least a level on any class.

WolvenOne

Doesn't really matter for which beast tribe. Other beast tribe daily quests give a good amount of experience points for Disciples of War and Magic. EXP for 30 daily quests will probably get you at least a level on any class.

True....

...I wonder if the double-XP thing will apply to the rewards for Dailies, hmm...

Song is weird. Is it the "oops we're gonna screw up a mechanic, shield us from the penalty dot" song? And assuming Iron Jaw is 100 potency + DoT refresh.

Also this turns bard into run minuet,Straight Shot, apply DoTs, Empyreal filler, Iron Jaw to refresh, Straight Shot, repeat? Weave in Sidewinder as appropriate.

Iron Jaw and Empyreal arrow work out be like 20 TP cheaper and 180 potency higher DoT refresh every 18 seconds than the current individual application, so that's a thing.

from my experience. bards are the first to die, so idk if that song will ever be useful

ps:
I'm sorry for your loss

they were bound to lose. For them to actually win some games was at least a victory lol

Arkeband

Banned

Uh

The last time I did Beast Tribe dailies they were giving like 6k exp, generally for a quest that takes at least a few minutes and ranges from boring to utterly frustrating. And they were only available from level 42-50, where you could eclipse this EXP gain with ... literally any other activity.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

It's like the BLM ward thing. Iron Jaws also refreshes dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom