• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

sensui-tomo

just wondering, saw that CD keys had a cheap price(about $28.59)) for the collection of the games on pc (i used to play a bit on ps4) Was wondering since the code is a EU code it seems, does it work on mogstation for a NA account?

Those NIN parses are kinda wonky because DRG parses probably don't have Dragon Sight up

I guess that's a fair point but affects every class to an extent. Monk is higher with Brotherhood active especially if 1melee+2tanks+1bard/mch in the party, but Ninja also doesn't take into account Trick Attack damage to every class in the raid. Mind you Sam being "far" ahead is only like 250-300DPS out of ~4500, which accounts for about a 5-6% difference, not particularily amazing since Samurai also has virtually no raid utility other than slashing debuff which 2 other classes do anyway. So balance doesn't look so bad, for single target. AoE still seems unbalanced as hell with monks still being reliant on Perfect Balance to aoe well, while everyone else has fairly spammable aoes(samurai even has an actual aoe rotation so it doesn't feel like trash).

Ranged DPS based on the recent japanese "high scores" DPS numbers are also fairly close, with BLM/SMN outputting the same dmg and RDM being about 4% lower, but they do have a damage buff(not a great one but still) and can rez/heal for utility so seems pretty ok.

The only poor numbers seem to be MCH vs BRD, with BRD doing more damage, while also providing more utility it looks like. That said I don't know how accurate these are, it's using the new parser version(the one released today) but not sure how good it is at calculating dot damage or if it works with Wildfire or whatever.

Zomba13

just wondering, saw that CD keys had a cheap price(about $28.59)) for the collection of the games on pc (i used to play a bit on ps4) Was wondering since the code is a EU code it seems, does it work on mogstation for a NA account?

The codes only work with the accounts from the same region. So only NA codes on NA accounts. Only EU codes on EU accounts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What are the end game dungeons. I have two of them so far,
Ala Mhigo
and
Temple of the First.
What's the third?

iammeiam

MCH 70. Tuning needed desperately; Stabilizer needs to be a 60 second CD. Flamethrower continues the proud tradition of great animations on underwhelming skills. Tentatively feels like we're rehashing 3.0; system is going to be too convoluted and the payoff for nailing it is insufficient to be worth the hassle in a lot of cases. Job is undertuned meaning nobody will ever need to take it seriously, and it's sort of annoying to be back in the lowest DPS band despite everyone having Goad or MP skills, Hypercharge being back at 5%, and tying Summoner for job most punishing to minor mistakes (one wrong GCD can screw you up for the next like 30 seconds, and god forbid you accidental overheat before WF.) Flamethrower as a backup "I messed up" button for Stabilizer might be interesting, but it also currently has a role in setting up the intentional overheat WFs as well. Completely baffled by the change to Overheat bonus damage between the JP media tour tooltips and now, since I'm not sure how that would have ever made the job OP.

Tactician and Refresh are kind of weird; they're alright as resource regen but having to burn one to dump threat feels wrong and the complete lack of strategy behind use (since there's no longer a downside to popping it and the buff follows players so as long as you're in range when you pop it everyone will get full duration.) is ultimately going to make the tiny support function trivial.

AF3 is... alright I guess? It's not as embarrassingly bad as AST at least. It'll be GOAT if the eventual dyeable versions include dying the actual goggle lens color.

SB makes leveling alt jobs stupid easy; they won't need to buff dungeon exp four times to make it worth doing. PVP to 61, then dungeon spam to cap. With armory and without rested it's like 3-4 runs per level with the rank 3 FC buff and food running.

So I have a few questions I already have the base game and heavensward on steam but can I buy the collection and add it to my account still? that way I can play the game without steam.
Also how are the NA servers holding up? I have to go through all of the patch content from heavensward still so i'm not sure if i'm better off waiting.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I have a few questions I already have the base game and heavensward on steam but can I buy the collection and add it to my account still? that way I can play the game without steam.
Also how are the NA servers holding up? I have to go through all of the patch content from heavensward still so i'm not sure if i'm better off waiting.

If you're willing to rebuy the whole collection to free yourself from the steam version (a good idea) you have to get this.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/pr...ntasy-xiv-online-complete-edition-pc-download

Cmagus

Leveling a dps is so incredibly slow. 30+ min wait on dungeons,roulettes 30+ min, PVP = error and no one is doing fates I shoikd have leveled my DRK first I think.

So I just got the complete edition a few days ago, and want to make my character on Tonberry, but everytime I've tried, it's said that the server isn't accepting new characters at the moment.

I recall hearing this has happened before during other spikes of the player base. Based on precedent, how long is this likely to last?

ebil

I started crafting tonight. It's... Incredibly simple compared to launch Heavensward crafting. There are easy leves that don't require tons of materials, the new skills and traits are actually useful, the class quests provide you with the crafting materials (they function like the Moogle dailies, so no more farming), and you get a ton of experience for completing them (seriously, do them, they're like 2 million xp).

My only complaints are that they put zero effort in redesigning the awful Heavensward skills and just left them as they were, and the whole system would have benefited from some pruning, the skill bloat is real.

I'm not 70 yet but so far I'm really pleased, as 3.0 crafting was a lot of suffering on top of suffering.

Renkax

Honestly played this game since the relaunch and got off a few months after and in that timeframe they introduced tribe quests and all these cool looking mounts
i honestly don't know where to go and start on them....

iammeiam

Yea I was just making sure i could link my account without any issues since i could pick it up from amazon and get 20% off

You can link your mogstation account/login, but cannot link your service account (where your sub and your subscription live.)

Essentially each service account can only have one type of PC license associated--Steam or Not Steam. Once you tie Steam to your account, every purchase go-forward has to be via Steam. You will not be able to register the complete PC edition to your account unless you add a service account and start over from scratch.

You can download the non-steam launcher and launch it outside of Steam, but to actually register SB to your existing character, you have to purchase SB from Steam and use a Steam registration code.

Guess Who

Banned
Tactician and Refresh are kind of weird; they're alright as resource regen but having to burn one to dump threat feels wrong and the complete lack of strategy behind use (since there's no longer a downside to popping it and the buff follows players so as long as you're in range when you pop it everyone will get full duration.) is ultimately going to make the tiny support function trivial.

One downside to Refresh I noticed as a bard: previously, if a healer died, I would immediately toss up Mage's both to help the living healer recover MP after the raise and to help the raised healer get their MP back up. That's no longer possible, because Refresh will only get applied to everyone who is in range when you use it, meaning you have to wait until after the healer is raised to pop it.

You can link your mogstation account/login, but cannot link your service account (where your sub and your subscription live.)

Essentially each service account can only have one type of PC license associated--Steam or Not Steam. Once you tie Steam to your account, every purchase go-forward has to be via Steam. You will not be able to register the complete PC edition to your account unless you add a service account and start over from scratch.

You can download the non-steam launcher and launch it outside of Steam, but to actually register SB to your existing character, you have to purchase SB from Steam and use a Steam registration code.

Ah thanks for the info, it sucks since I had received the game as a gift so it looks like i'm stuck with steam for life not a huge deal but it's still lame.

Finally decided to use qwe for movement keys instead of wasd, feels good having more keybinds. But man, using wasd for over 15 years, building the muscle memory for it is pretty freaking hard.

WetWaffle

So yea, decided to do that free trial I'm at lv 12 so far, are there any good quests before I hit 35? Also side note, I was showing my friend this when he decided to make a new character in a new world, kinda blew my mind where all those servers are literally different worlds, I thought it was all the same. He started out in a forest area while I was in somewhat of a desert. Makes me wanna create new characters for all those worlds lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So yea, decided to do that free trial I'm at lv 12 so far, are there any good quests before I hit 35? Also side note, I was showing my friend this when he decided to make a new character in a new world, kinda blew my mind where all those servers are literally different worlds, I thought it was all the same. He started out in a forest area while I was in somewhat of a desert. Makes me wanna create new characters for all those worlds lol

The servers aren't different worlds. Your friend just started in a different one of the three main areas than you did. The servers are exactly the same.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How deep does the macro system in this game work? Does it allow for simple priority queues like "try to cast this, if you can't cast this instead"? For example, I'd like to make one button for my Redmage that casts Impact when possible, and Jolt when Impactful isn't up.

Luigi87

The servers aren't different worlds. Your friend just started in a different one of the three main areas than you did. The servers are exactly the same.

Well there goes the excitement

Yeah basically you'll start in the city where the class hq you selected on character creation is.

Scrawnton

Did the servers crash for anyone else? I got kicked and now my launcher won't even load before it errors out and I can't even access the lodestone website.

Baliis

How deep does the macro system in this game work? Does it allow for simple priority queues like "try to cast this, if you can't cast this instead"? For example, I'd like to make one button for my Redmage that casts Impact when possible, and Jolt when Impactful isn't up.

I think you can just make a macro that's like

/Cast Impact
/cast jolt

Or whatever, but it's a small DPS loss because you can't queue skills with a macro.

B.K.

I've hit a roadblock in the story. The next quest is level 65 and I'm 64. I need 3.2 million experience points for the next level.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm really, really enjoying the new PvP BLM. Having instant casts allows me to survive battles where before I'd have to pray for procs. Have a second to cast? Fire IV/Blizzard IV. Running away? Blizzard/Fire and finish with a no cast flare/freeze/that new thing.
Potd is still better
While PotD seems to be better until 60, I guess PVP is the way to go for a DPS for 60-70, right?
This is a rather specific problem, but I'm hoping someone here knows a fix for it.

Every time I boot up FFXIV, it turns off the lights to my mechanical keyboard. I can temporarily fix this by unchecking "Allow games to control illumination" on the Logitech Gaming Software, but it checks this back every time I restart my PC.

Any way to disable this permanently?
This happened with my logitech mouse as well, but the "Allow games to control illumination" box stays unchecked. Like someone mentioned earlier, updating your Logitech drivers/software might be a good idea
I've hit a roadblock in the story. The next quest is level 65 and I'm 64. I need 3.2 million experience points for the next level.
Daily hunts give you 100k+ per 1-3 monster kill. PVP is 600k+ per Frontline (waiting time <5 min for all roles, matches being 10-15 minutes). Leveling roulette will give you over 1 million for one run.

Baliis

Does the rotation for Red Mage become more complicated at 70?

You have impact procs to manage so there's a little bit more, plus verholy/verflare as your melee finisher which complicates Mana management some more, but other than that doesn't seem like much. RDM really does get most of it's core playstyle by 50

Aeana

what is so hard about moving to the other side of the big black line when you have a purple marker over your head

why is this so difficult

i don't understand

edgefusion

After 3+ years of maining Monk I'm finally hanging up the cestus and looking for a new class to main. They've gutted Monk so badly it feels horrible to play, it's like they looked at the abilities and thought "how can we make this worse?". Riddle of Fire increasing your recast times to make it feel like you just lost greased lightning is braindead stupid for a class whose core mechanic is 'go fast'. Chakra stacks being generated based on RNG via both deep meditation and Brotherhood is infuriating and unreliable. Tackle Mastery is nothing but useless nonsense. What were they even thinking?

JonnyB

Banned
MCH 70. Tuning needed desperately; Stabilizer needs to be a 60 second CD. Flamethrower continues the proud tradition of great animations on underwhelming skills. Tentatively feels like we're rehashing 3.0; system is going to be too convoluted and the payoff for nailing it is insufficient to be worth the hassle in a lot of cases. Job is undertuned meaning nobody will ever need to take it seriously, and it's sort of annoying to be back in the lowest DPS band despite everyone having Goad or MP skills, Hypercharge being back at 5%, and tying Summoner for job most punishing to minor mistakes (one wrong GCD can screw you up for the next like 30 seconds, and god forbid you accidental overheat before WF.) Flamethrower as a backup "I messed up" button for Stabilizer might be interesting, but it also currently has a role in setting up the intentional overheat WFs as well. Completely baffled by the change to Overheat bonus damage between the JP media tour tooltips and now, since I'm not sure how that would have ever made the job OP.

AF3 is... alright I guess? It's not as embarrassingly bad as AST at least. It'll be GOAT if the eventual dyeable versions include dying the actual goggle lens color.

SB makes leveling alt jobs stupid easy; they won't need to buff dungeon exp four times to make it worth doing. PVP to 61, then dungeon spam to cap. With armory and without rested it's like 3-4 runs per level with the rank 3 FC buff and food running.

I'm only level 66 MCH right now, but this is right about what I expected to be the case. Very sad, if so. I rerolled MCH for this expansion. :(

Top Bottom