• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Jumped in to grab some tomestones and decided to give RDM a shot.
The lack of Dualcast present on the job gauge really surprised me - following it isn't THAT hard and I can always look to the buff bar, but still - compared to BLM's gauge, RDM's one feels weird without DC.
Dualcast happens after every cast so you don't really need to visually know when its up.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Dualcast happens after every cast so you don't really need to visually know when its up.
I know, but when stuff starts going down and you don't really have time to think it, you can forget about it.
Like I said, it's not a big deal, the buff is there, and I'm just not used to the class, but using job gauges to their full potential would be nice, I think.

Qvoth

went to lakshmi ex 6 times total today, 3 mount drops, won the last one
AU7Amsc.gif

IvorB

Well for me it's less about the amount of content the patch brings and more about how much of it matters to me. So let me give you my break down.

*More Main Story Quests & Hildibrand Quest- More Story Content is always good but it won't last me more than 2 days at most

*New PvP Mode- No interest whatsoever I'm almost done grinding out my GARO mounts but once I do so I don't see myself sticking with PvP in general much less the new mode.

*More Lost Canal Uznair- I do like this content but I was never really active with Map dungeons so missing out on them doesn't bother me.

*24 Man Raid- I'm really looking forward to this but again it will only last me 1-2 days at most unless I plan to do it weekly to gear up a 2nd Job but I'm not interested in doing so since my Bard is already geared up.

*Another Beast Tribe- I always finish these but they are not a main highlight for me in any patch and unless they changed how the system works with allowences than even if I were to not start doing them until 4.3 I could still finish both the 1st and 2nd Stormblood Beast Tribe at the same time as everyone else in the 4.3 cycle.

So yeah with the absence of Relic Weapons (and maybe Relic Armor) in this patch cycle the 4.1 patch is looking pretty slim to me. If anything I might extend my subscription for 1 more month instead of letting it lapse in order to finish grinding out the Yokai Watch stuff but after that I won't be back until 4.2 in February or March for that matter since Monster Hunter World comes out in late January.

Okay maybe not everyone will be up for everything but as an overall view I think it's quite a lot. I do have to wonder what other MMOs people are playing where a content drop of this size is considered too small.

Arkeband

Banned
Okay maybe not everyone will be up for everything but as an overall view I think it's quite a lot. I do have to wonder what other MMOs people are playing where a content drop of this size is considered too small.

...WoW?

A single raid in WoW has multiple difficulties and like three times as many encounters, and it's all one giant interconnected instance. A single raid in WoW is like an entire expansion's worth of content in FFXIV.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I think the larger problem is the lack of a lasting/entertaining progression model rather than actual lack of content. Weekly Expert Roulette wage is such an overwhelming progression path that nothing else feels necessary or rewarding to do, very few things are something you work towards to make your character stronger, extreme primals are often thrown to the wind on release with fairly trivial and predictable rewards, itemization is also trivial, rep grinds only reward with pets and mounts, raids don't last very long and can be beaten in what's effectively starting gear, PVP struggles to get active. You don't have to do anything, and for that reason you don't feel like you ever achieve anything. A huge focus is on cutscene quests with very little player interactivity...

XIV doesn't even get less raid bosses than WoW does, not by head count, it's just that effort is misplaced - extreme primals are at best a small stepstone on the progression path and 24-man bosses only exist in LFR version. Huge waste of effort - although WoW having to maintain 4 difficulties definitely shows in some hits on boss design - reception of Tomb of Sargeras at the highest level has been less than pleasant.

Eureka could be genuine casual prog content if it has various activities, good rewards, clever timegates, but I'm not holding out for that to pass.

Although I can't even possibly fathom why they wanted so much to waste resources on squadron dungeons no matter how hard I try.

IvorB

...WoW?

A single raid in WoW has multiple difficulties and like three times as many encounters, and it's all one giant interconnected instance. A single raid in WoW is like an entire expansion's worth of content in FFXIV.

I've never played WoW but is this really true? I always hear people complaining that WoW can go six months to a year without seeing any meaningful patch content. Is the grass always greener on the other side? Ha ha.

Dunno, man:

-32 man thing
-new super savage fight + ex primal
-brand new PvP mode that seems fairly elaborate
-story stuff: MSQ + Hildebrand
-new dungeon
-Lost Canals extension (difficulty to say how much this actually is)
-"beast tribe" quests
-random fluff like squadrons and bards playing music etc

Seems like quite a bit considering it's only about three months since the expansion launched. Is that a lot less compared to what WoW got three months after their latest expansion?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
With how important cutscenes and story are in FFXIV, I wish they relied less on canned animations and had better direction. After I started playing Dragon Quest X, which has original animations and amazing direction in cutscenes (not even for an mmo, just in general) seeing story stuff in XIV makes me sad.

IvorB

I think the larger problem is the lack of a lasting/entertaining progression model rather than actual lack of content. Weekly Expert Roulette wage is such an overwhelming progression path that nothing else feels necessary or rewarding to do, very few things are something you work towards to make your character stronger, extreme primals are often thrown to the wind on release with fairly trivial and predictable rewards, itemization is also trivial, rep grinds only reward with pets and mounts, raids don't last very long and can be beaten in what's effectively starting gear, PVP struggles to get active. You don't have to do anything, and for that reason you don't feel like you ever achieve anything. A huge focus is on cutscene quests with very little player interactivity...

XIV doesn't even get less raid bosses than WoW does, not by head count, it's just that effort is misplaced - extreme primals are at best a small stepstone on the progression path and 24-man bosses only exist in LFR version. Huge waste of effort - although WoW having to maintain 4 difficulties definitely shows in some hits on boss design - reception of Tomb of Sargeras at the highest level has been less than pleasant.

Eureka could be genuine casual prog content if it has various activities, good rewards, clever timegates, but I'm not holding out for that to pass.

Although I can't even possibly fathom why they wanted so much to waste resources on squadron dungeons no matter how hard I try.

I get some of these points but sadly these are core issues with the game as it is now. PvP is pretty active though and fun.

I think if they would just fix the gear in this game it would go such a long way. The strict adherence to ilevel increase every time is really suffocating.

Zomba13

With how important cutscenes and story are in FFXIV, I wish they relied less on canned animations and had better direction. After I started playing Dragon Quest X, which has original animations and amazing direction in cutscenes (not even for an mmo, just in general) seeing story stuff in XIV makes me sad.

One of the few things I miss about 1.0 was that the cutscenes were a hell of a lot better.

Likely a bot

Do people really run bots in instances?

I had two awful groups so far where people didn't talk and just seemed to go through the motions and we eventually wipe because DPS is awfully bad despite gear being good and mechanics are ignored. I figured people are overgeared now and just ignore them.

Last night we wiped on Yeti in Snowcloak because I could barely make any snowballs as DPS would just kill them and ignore me when I said leave the spriggans alone. Just silence.

Really weird experience.

Astral

I kinda feel like giving up on O3S. Is this frowned upon? I can get to Animal Farm but it's time-consuming and just feels like a chore at this point.

iammeiam

I kinda feel like giving up on O3S. Is this frowned upon? I can get to Animal Farm but it's time-consuming and just feels like a chore at this point.

Most of the game's playerbase doesn't do Savage; it's optional and only worth doing if you enjoy it. You can try again in a while if you're bored, or after 4.2 when it has echo added, or never again if you want. 4.1 will provide alternate avenues to access i340 gear in general to keep a sense of personal progression going, and the equipment reset every raid tier means you can try O5S in 4.2 whether or not you've done 3S and 4S.

kagamin

It was hilarious trying out V4S for the first time with my static, we just wiped in less than a minutes because they couldn't move out fast enough away from the first mechanic. :p

Squishy3

Eh, this is something 1.0 dealed with where they mocapped and animated every scene and as a result there was like only ten story cutscenes or some small number like that, in addition to the fact it was all rendered in-engine making those scenes also unnecessarily strain PCs even more.

Most of the actual lengthy animated scenes presented in Heavensward onward are the best they've ever been, and stuff like the fight early on in Stormblood is really well directed. Essentially, the issue is what you're asking for would eat up development time if they weren't already limiting it to certain scenes and sure, they could probably get around it by hiring more staff for that express purpose, but the actual issues the game has doesn't really have to do with the fact a lot of the cutscenes use emotes built into the game, it has to do with they don't have enough staff for more battle content, which is why we're only getting one dungeon in odd patches in exchange for Super Savage. (And Eureka is probably a factor of this as well but that got delayed)

I'd love for all the problems the game has to be solved, but in terms of things that affect it in the long run but emotes being used in cutscenes kinda sucks but is fairly low on my list.

Astral

Most of the game's playerbase doesn't do Savage; it's optional and only worth doing if you enjoy it. You can try again in a while if you're bored, or after 4.2 when it has echo added, or never again if you want. 4.1 will provide alternate avenues to access i340 gear in general to keep a sense of personal progression going, and the equipment reset every raid tier means you can try O5S in 4.2 whether or not you've done 3S and 4S.

That's true. The coming new content is further convincing me not to keep trying too. Im sure it would be easier with a static group. I can kinda rely on some guys to help me out, but I'm pretty antisocial and don't wanna go through the process of wiping over and over again while learning a really difficult fight right now.

Wilsongt

So Scholars are getting Sustain back but Summoners aren't?

Why would Scholars need Sustain if they can just heal their pet if it's really needed while Summoners have no option to realistically keep their pet alive without Sustain?

Most SMN pets never actually get hit in raids. Garuda usually is placed away from the action and no one really uses Ifrit.

in most cases, SCH's are too busy healing the actual party while Eos/Selene are too stupid to heal themselves. So Sustain is a decent ability to use if they take damage.

It's nothing ground breaking. As a SMN, I rarely used it because it's a DOT and not an instant heal, which is useless when Titan takes big hits, or barely any damage that my chocobo can heal back up instead.

iammeiam

Most of the translations I've seen have indicated Sustain will just go back to being an Arcanist skill, so both would get access to it. It makes considerably more sense to just reactivate the old Sustain than to code in a specific one.

I play both MMO and the feeling is that in WoW you can log in and do so many things that reward your class in the endgame while in FFXIV endgame content is very little. Legion did add a huge variety of stuff to do in endgame, starting from mythic plus and world quest.
When I log in FFXIV I always get the feeling that if I dont'raid I only have to a roulette or level an alt job to feel i'm being rewarded.

I think if they add a zone where to do stuff like world quest, rares mob etc in FF it would please the base so much but I'm not holding my breath for Eureka honestly.
I don't like that in WoW you can get endgame stuff doing basically everything if you lucked out, I just want a bit of variance and to be able to do more than just raid on my main job, there should be something in between "i dont have anything to do expect raid " and "omg i have to do all my artifact quests or i'll be so behind"

Zomba13

Most SMN pets never actually get hit in raids. Garuda usually is placed away from the action and no one really uses Ifrit.

in most cases, SCH's are too busy healing the actual party while Eos/Selene are too stupid to heal themselves. So Sustain is a decent ability to use if they take damage.

It's nothing ground breaking. As a SMN, I rarely used it because it's a DOT and not an instant heal, which is useless when Titan takes big hits, or barely any damage that my chocobo can heal back up instead.

I definitely had issues with some of the 60+ SMN quest stuff without Sustain. Titan, while being a "tank" pet, just eats shit and you can't heal him any more.

Pretty sure the translated stuff said arcanist gets sustain back so SMN too. Also yeah, while doing FATEs on SMN I got so frustated when my Titan kept dieing that I ended up just leveling through dungeon spamming with SCH.

Squishy3

sustain is the weirdest thing because honestly with the way machinist turrets work it just shouldn't exist

just make pets unable to take any damage because there's 0 point to now, in both cases if they take significant damage someone needs to waste a gcd to heal them, no sustain means a healer has to (or a rdm i guess) or the person needs to use sustain.

make sustain off gcd or something and give it a 30 second cooldown idk. kinda stupid it's something you have to spend a gcd on

iammeiam

MCH turrets follow standard generic pet damage rules as far as I know--none of them take damage from unavoidable raid-wide AOEs, all of them are vulnerable to PBAOEs or cleaves. Eos doesn't take damage from Almagest, for example, but does take Fire 3 damage when she gets splashed by the Scholar's Fire 3. Turrets don't take damage from Gravitational Wave, but they get wrecked if they Paranormal Wave cleave hits them.

So all pets are basically set to ignore incidental damage (fairies can and will self-Embrace, too); Sustain becomes most useful then when you're intentionally having the pet tank or leaving the pet where it shouldn't be which is something that should consume GCDs.

Squishy3

MCH turrets follow standard generic pet damage rules as far as I know--none of them take damage from unavoidable raid-wide AOEs, all of them are vulnerable to PBAOEs or cleaves. Eos doesn't take damage from Almagest, for example, but does take Fire 3 damage when she gets splashed by the Scholar's Fire 3. Turrets don't take damage from Gravitational Wave, but they get wrecked if they Paranormal Wave cleave hits them.

So all pets are basically set to ignore incidental damage (fairies can and will self-Embrace, too); Sustain becomes most useful then when you're intentionally having the pet tank or leaving the pet where it shouldn't be which is something that should consume GCDs.
I thought they'd changed turrets so they just didn't have health at all but I was mistaken. My bad

Sustain ranting aside, I still find pets frustrating in this game as someone who's played summoner casually. Fuck contagion.

aceface

I'm personally a bit nervous about this patch. With relic not being released until 4.2 (I guess?) that's taking away a big chunk of content that kept the casual/mid-range crowd going. I mean yeah it's a crazy grind but I know a lot of people who loved the grind or at least loved having a weapon comparable to the top weapons for the tier at the end of all that grinding. I personally liked having a reason to log on and something that I could work towards bit by bit that would in the end have an impact on whatever raiding and ex primals I happen to be doing during that patch.

Qvoth

reminds me of when i got banned from the official ff14 forums haha
i complained the drop rate for baby opo-opo minion was too low, i bumped it once every day and i got perma banned for it
afaik the drop rate for mounts and minions are the same which is less than 5%?

B.K.

Got Alchemist to 50 and now I'm doing the job quests. Just two more to get to 50, then I start the grind to 70 on all of them. Maybe I can get all the crafting classes to 70 before 5.0.

Kenai

...WoW?

Not really? On average FFXIV will release 5 bosses on an even patch (Coil, Alexander/ Omega + a Primal) and 4-5 on an odd patch (24 mans, other Primals/Minstrels Ballad stuff). LFR and Normal are about the same as 24 man content in terms of itemization. Heroic/Mythic are Savage equivalents. I believe WoD got 3 raids in about 2 years? So if we are looking at headcount it's comparable (with WoW edging out depending on the tier)

WoW definitely releases more content (a lot more) the start of an expansion, but they don't release a whole lot outside new raids. Maybe a new faction with a new "hub" like a Beastman tribe with more bells and whistles, but that's it. You'll rarely get anything as substantial as a new dungeon or Primal-type content between raid patches. FFXIV shines in post launch content, definitely.

I'd agree with Frumix, but if Eureka ever does pan out (seriously they can just copy/paste Timeless Isle and everyone would be happy), my complaints are in how generic dungeon gameplay is. If they are gonna reduce it to a whopping one per patch, they could stand to make them more interesting than >trash>chests>trash>chest>boss>repeat, or even do something like in-game dungeon achievements (which I know have been brought up before but devs didn't sound interested in).

They could also stand to add a bit more various busy work that just Relics (tangible rewards). I don't mind the grind if there's actually stuff to work on. As it stands I don't even have much going for optional furniture/glamours/ect that wasn't in the game in some form last expansion. I'm not asking them to fix what isn't broken, but they could certainly add more stuff. I guess Squadron stuff is kinda related to that, but...eheh..

kaze343

pets dont ignore the damage, but they may as well for how little it hits them for. aoes usually hit them for around 1-3k

iammeiam

pets dont ignore the damage, but they may as well for how little it hits them for. aoes usually hit them for around 1-3k

It may vary depending on content, but there's a bunch of AOEs that just don't touch pets. Almagest literally doesn't touch the fairy. Like, you can find a log where Adlo eats the initial hit on the party, and they all get lines with no damage, but the fairy doesn't appear. Tremblor hits the turret, but Gravitational Wave does not.

I have no idea how they pick what, but there's a lot of stuff that pets just don't get touched by.

kaze343

It may vary depending on content, but there's a bunch of AOEs that just don't touch pets. Almagest literally doesn't touch the fairy. Like, you can find a log where Adlo eats the initial hit on the party, and they all get lines with no damage, but the fairy doesn't appear. Tremblor hits the turret, but Gravitational Wave does not.

I have no idea how they pick what, but there's a lot of stuff that pets just don't get touched by.

im thinking its ones where there is another thing tied to it like almagest. the dot being the thing tied to it. for gravitational wave, its most likely because it does a high amount of dmg flat out, so at times it would end up killing the turret through no fault of the player. when it comes to cleaves and tank busters, it feels like the pets have zero magic/physical defence with how fast they die to them.

Coming to the end of HW post story I believe. Can anyone explain to me what the hell happened with the
the warrior of darkness stuff. First of all, every time they said warrior of darkness it was like I was watching that scene in GOTG2 where everyone was making fun of Taserface for his name. Just what in the hell happened here. I understand there are 13 layers to the universe and 6 layers have been destroyed but they live on
a layer that's about to be destroyed so they died so they could come to our layer and destroy it instead? And then it gets resolved in some deux ex machina.

Oh and of course (HW spoilers)
they're told to throw Nidhogg's eyes off the bridge instead of idk, stepping on them, beating them w/ swords, etc, ANYTHING ELSE THEN THROWING THEM AWAY FOR SOMEONE TO PICK UP.

walei

Finally beat Neo Exdeath last night through a pug. Joined I forgot how many GCO to enrage groups that barely make it to GCO once or twice in a lockout with some couldn't even made it past Exdeath... But last night the group was pretty competent, got to Neo enrage the first pull and never made it to enrage again in the entire lockout. We decided the party gel'd well and could improve if we fix the smaller mistakes and finally got it down with less than 30 minutes left in the second lockout. I lucked out and got the Genji Coffer!

This is the first time since I started playing back in 2.2 that I actually beat the hardest raid in the patch that it came out with. I can't wait to do it all over again in 4.2
T.T

Zomba13

Coming to the end of HW post story I believe. Can anyone explain to me what the hell happened with the
the warrior of darkness stuff. First of all, every time they said warrior of darkness it was like I was watching that scene in GOTG2 where everyone was making fun of Taserface for his name. Just what in the hell happened here. I understand there are 13 layers to the universe and 6 layers have been destroyed but they live on
a layer that's about to be destroyed so they died so they could come to our layer and destroy it instead? And then it gets resolved in some deux ex machina.

Oh and of course (HW spoilers)
they're told to throw Nidhogg's eyes off the bridge instead of idk, stepping on them, beating them w/ swords, etc, ANYTHING ELSE THEN THROWING THEM AWAY FOR SOMEONE TO PICK UP.

I think
There are like, 14 or 13 or something dimensions/alternate universes. 1 fell to darkness and became the World of Darkness but the WoD world fell to light, they listened to Hydaelyn, did her quests, saved the world, beat the darkness etc and instead of things being all good it messed up the balance so instead of being taken over by darkness it was just bathed in pure light. The idea is that you want balance, not light or dark to win.

The WoD had to give up their bodies to hop dimensions. They basically had to kill themselves and take over bodies on our world. The Asciens helped them do it and wanted them to plunge our world into darkness to help get Zodiark up. At the end of their stuff Minfillia goes to their world to absorb some of the excess light to try and restore their world

And with the Eyes, apparantly the reason it wasn't a stupid idea is that apparantly there is like, nasty aether storms down there or something. I dunno. Think it was said in the lore book or at a panel or something. Still, you'd think you'd want to destroy the eyes with like, a fireball or sword or something, not throw them off a bridge.

LordKasual

Banned
And with the Eyes, apparantly the reason it wasn't a stupid idea is that apparantly there is like, nasty aether storms down there or something. I dunno. Think it was said in the lore book or at a panel or something. Still, you'd think you'd want to destroy the eyes with like, a fireball or sword or something, not throw them off a bridge.

They may not have been possible to just destroy like that.

SB spoilers:

Estenien mentions that they were nearly depleted before he destroys them after you finish off Zenos

I think
There are like, 14 or 13 or something dimensions/alternate universes. 1 fell to darkness and became the World of Darkness but the WoD world fell to light, they listened to Hydaelyn, did her quests, saved the world, beat the darkness etc and instead of things being all good it messed up the balance so instead of being taken over by darkness it was just bathed in pure light. The idea is that you want balance, not light or dark to win.

The WoD had to give up their bodies to hop dimensions. They basically had to kill themselves and take over bodies on our world. The Asciens helped them do it and wanted them to plunge our world into darkness to help get Zodiark up. At the end of their stuff Minfillia goes to their world to absorb some of the excess light to try and restore their world

Thanks. I read something on lunch today and between this and that I get it, delivery in game sucked.

iammeiam

NA Live Letter Thread updated with 'official' translation of the job changes mentioned:

Job Adjustments - Updated October 2, 2017, 11:45 a.m.
Here are a sample of the job adjustments planned for Patch 4.1 mentioned by Yoshida during the broadcast.
Please note that these are subject to change. Please wait for the final patch notes to be released for the full details and list of adjustments.
Warrior
Steel Cyclone – In 4.05 we added an effect where it will absorb a portion of the damage dealt as HP, but we felt it was not enough, so the amount absorbed has been increased.
Fell Cleave / Decimate / Inner Release – Until now players were able to assign these to the hot bar; however, depending on the stance they were in, these actions became unavailable. Therefore, we made it so they cannot be assigned to the hotbar, but replaces the corresponding skill on the hotbar.
Shake it Off – When compared to other tank jobs, warriors were lacking in party defensive skills. In order to make improvements to this point, we changed the effect of Shake it Off. A barrier will now be applied to self and nearby party members. In addition to this, if the warrior has self buffs like Thrill of Battle, Inner Beast, Vengeance, and Raw Intuition applied, these will be removed but apply an additional 4% buff to the barrier for each buff removed.
Dragoon
Heavy Thrust - When players miss their rotation, they may end up missing the buff from Heavy Thrust decreasing the overall damage output. We have decreased the effect of Heavy Thrust, but increased the potency of almost every other action. With this adjustment, we made it so that the damage output is less likely to decrease in the event if Heavy Thrust buff was missed.
Gaze of the first Brood - Dragoons were having a hard time getting back to their maximum damage output in some situations, such as during boss phase changes. Therefore, we changed the maximum number of gaze of the first brood units to three. With this players should be able to output more damage.
Ninja
Doton - There was an issue where a buff from Dripping Blades and Dripping Blades II was applied to Doton, so we addressed this issue. However, we increased the potency of Doton as well so that there isn't much difference in the overall damage output.
Shukuchi – The time it takes for the execution to conclude has been reduced. The movement speed is on almost on par with monk’s Shoulder Tackle.
Machinist
Rook Autoturret / Bishop Autoturret - Hypercharge Effect has been increased.
Arcanist
Summon / Summon II / Summon III – MP cost has been reduced, and the time required to cast has been reduced from 6 to 3 seconds. With this players should be able to recover quicker when the player or pet is KO’d and they need to re-summon their pets.
Summoner
Tri-bind - Right now while under the effect of Dreadwyrm Trance, Deathflare was the only area of effect attack; therefore, as an area of effect attack, we have changed Tri-bind. While under the effect of Dreadwyrm Trance enemies will no longer be bound; however, the potency will be increased to 100, and the cast time will be reduced as well.
Ruin Mastery – Ruin spells will be seeing some adjustments, so in accordance to this Ruin Mastery has been changed so that instead of Ruin and Ruin III being upgraded to Ruin IV, Ruin will be upgraded to Ruin III.
A new trait which will upgrade Ruin II to Ruin IV will be added.
Ruin III – While under the effect of Dreadwyrm Trance, Ruin III can now be cast instantly.
Ruin IV – Ruin IV currently replaces Ruin and Ruin III while under the effect of Further Ruin. With adjustments made to Ruin Mastery, Ruin IV will now replace Ruin II.
Aetherpact – This was bit difficult to use; therefore, we changed it to a party buff to players nearby the pet.
And regarding the size of Bahamut, we previously mentioned that we’ll make it so that the caster can adjust the size of the Bahamut. However, we didn’t want to create a situation where players are being forced to change Bahamut's size by other players, so we changed this so all players are now able to do this through the settings. This was done so that the person playing the summoner can continue to enjoy seeing Bahamut in the size they want, while other players can now see it in other sizes.
Scholar
Adloquium – MP cost reduced.
Succor – MP cost reduced. The barrier effect is currently equal to the amount of HP restored, but this will be increased to 150%.
Caster Role
Addle / Mana Shift / Apocatastasis - The recast times have been reduced.
Surecast - Currently this action allows players to case the next spell without interruption, and has an additional effect to nullify knockback and draw-in effects will be adjusted so that players are able to cast without interruption for 5 seconds, keeping the additional effect. This should help casters dodging mechanics some more.
Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
Sustain - Sustain is returning for arcanist, summoner, and scholar. We had a lot of requests for this, so we’ll be bringing it back in Patch 4.1.
We’ll be looking at both the players feedback and the play data, so we’ll continue to make adjustments as necessary.

Surecast 50000% better in Exfaust, I'm increasingly convinced Hypercharge isn't just going to be turret auto buffs, Shake It Off becomes a lot more interesting.

EVERYTHING STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE disclaimer in place, but confirming the Sustain change is class not job level.

So warriors get a party wide intervention? That caps at 20% seeming if all buffs wasted?

Huh.

Where the fuck are the drk buffs goddammit. I had to give up the sword for the axe but I want a reason to go back.

Pls

Top Bottom