• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
You might need to sit down for this.
I mean Eureka is getting delayed to 4.2 right? So doesn't that equate to us not getting a Relic Weapon in this Patch since that was the whole schtick Eureka?

Thorgal

Wait hold on does this mean we are NOT getting a Relic Weapon in 4.1 and 4.15?

Because it's known information for weeks now and outside getting a few tomes the Roulette is mostly useful for player who haven't played the 24 Man Content.

huh , must have either passed me by or i completly forgot about it .

on another note if still wondering about the 24 man raid bosses :

Anyone want to guess at the bosses for the raid?

both are confirmed .

the first one is Hasmal (FF12) :

F1hqcEr.jpg

z486Zmj.jpg

second boss is Mateus (FF12)

mZoNLNX.jpg

the name for the chariot boss is kept hidden for now .

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
*sigh* my subscription ends in 12 days so I guess it's time to take a break and come back 4.2 than there's not much point in me sticking around without new Relic Weapon progression in 4.1

iammeiam

Finally got to watch the Ultimate clip

Yoshida is doing some pre-nerf Twister dodge strats

this is going to be a hilarious disaster

Xion_Stellar

Seems like a lot to me...

Do people really think this isn't enough?
Well for me it's less about the amount of content the patch brings and more about how much of it matters to me. So let me give you my break down.

*More Main Story Quests & Hildibrand Quest- More Story Content is always good but it won't last me more than 2 days at most

*New PvP Mode- No interest whatsoever I'm almost done grinding out my GARO mounts but once I do so I don't see myself sticking with PvP in general much less the new mode.

*More Lost Canal Uznair- I do like this content but I was never really active with Map dungeons so missing out on them doesn't bother me.

*24 Man Raid- I'm really looking forward to this but again it will only last me 1-2 days at most unless I plan to do it weekly to gear up a 2nd Job but I'm not interested in doing so since my Bard is already geared up.

*Another Beast Tribe- I always finish these but they are not a main highlight for me in any patch and unless they changed how the system works with allowences than even if I were to not start doing them until 4.3 I could still finish both the 1st and 2nd Stormblood Beast Tribe at the same time as everyone else in the 4.3 cycle.

So yeah with the absence of Relic Weapons (and maybe Relic Armor) in this patch cycle the 4.1 patch is looking pretty slim to me. If anything I might extend my subscription for 1 more month instead of letting it lapse in order to finish grinding out the Yokai Watch stuff but after that I won't be back until 4.2 in February or March for that matter since Monster Hunter World comes out in late January.

Jeels

Well for me it's less about the amount of content the patch brings and more about how much of it matters to me. So let me give you my break down.

*More Main Story Quests & Hildibrand Quest- More Story Content is always good but it won't last me more than 2 days at most

*New PvP Mode- No interest whatsoever I'm almost done grinding out my GARO mounts but once I do so I don't see myself sticking with PvP in general much less the new mode.

*More Lost Canal Uznair- I do like this content but I was never really active with Map dungeons so missing out on them doesn't bother me.

*24 Man Raid- I'm really looking forward to this but again it will only last me 1-2 days at most unless I plan to do it weekly to gear up a 2nd Job but I'm not interested in doing so since my Bard is already geared up.

*Another Beast Tribe- I always finish these but they are not a main highlight for me in any patch and unless they changed how the system works with allowences than even if I were to not start doing them until 4.3 I could still finish both the 1st and 2nd Stormblood Beast Tribe at the same time as everyone else in the 4.3 cycle.

So yeah with the absence of Relic Weapons (and maybe Relic Armor) in this patch cycle the 4.1 patch is looking pretty slim to me. If anything I might extend my subscription for 1 more month instead of letting it lapse in order to finish grinding out the Yokai Watch stuff but after that I won't be back until 4.2 in February or March for that matter since Monster Hunter World comes out in late January.

You are entitled to your opinions but I find it funny that you don't consider a lot of this stuff worth the time but are considering extending your subscription for the yokai watch event...for a sperm mount...?

Xion_Stellar

You are entitled to your opinions but I find it funny that you don't consider a lot of this stuff worth the time but are considering extending your subscription for the yokai watch event...for a sperm mount...?

I like collecting mounts and to a less extent minions but not so much on the minions ever since they started attaching minions to physical goods I have no interest in buying and the only thing I don't find it worth my time in 4.1 was the new PVP mode everything else is still good but it's a week worth of content at best to go through it and it certainly wont hold me over for 4 months.

Zomba13

Looks like the Nimbus promo item stuff is finally here for EU players. Except it's through *********** which is a banned site.

Collectability is too low. If you want more crystals you need to hit 7/8+ reduction rating.

Ah ok. The video I found, wasn't hitting anywhere near that high, perhaps it was old and they patched since then.

How can I get higher? I was following: SM, MA, SM, MA, SM, MA.

edit:
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Aetherial_Reduction

And what's the deal w/ the above and saying collectability doesn't matter?

I'm level 64, what do I need to focus on more of? Perception stat?

Ah ok. The video I found, wasn't hitting anywhere near that high, perhaps it was old and they patched since then.

How can I get higher? I was following: SM, MA, SM, MA, SM, MA.

edit:
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Aetherial_Reduction

And what's the deal w/ the above and saying collectability doesn't matter?

I'm level 64, what do I need to focus on more of? Perception stat?
I assume you have over 600 GP so at your lvl you should be able to do the normal reduction rotation

Impulsive 2 >
DE Proc > SM Impulsive 2
Proc > SM Methodical

If it doesn't proc on the first Impulsive 2 just do Impulsive 2 again then finish with DE Methodical. If neither get procs respawn the node.

It's probably that they nerfed HW ephemeral when SB launched.

Ah, that would explain it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edea0reYBMw
That's the video I found.

I assume you have over 600 GP so at your lvl you should be able to do the normal reduction rotation

I do. Normal was what I described?

My gathering classes are already @ 64/65 despite not having opened up SB lol. I'm almost done with HW but wanted to start doing some crafting and it's just annoying that I have no crystals.

Black Mage is now 70.

So far I have Red Mage, Dark Knight, White Mage, Scholar/Summoner, Dragoon, and now Black Mage at 70. I need to choose my next job to level, and right now I'm sitting at:

Paladin - 60
Marauder - 17
Astrologian - 52
Pugilist - 15
Ninja - 60
Samurai - 58
Bard - 32
Machinist - 54

I'm thinking either getting Samurai done just because I don't find it that interesting to play or Machinist so I can have a ranged physical job at 70. I'm also maybe thinking doing Marauder last as sorta my victory lap. And I guess once I'm done leveling these... I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe work on crafters, but probably will end my sub until something super significant drops.

Garlador

Black Mage is now 70.

So far I have Red Mage, Dark Knight, White Mage, Scholar/Summoner, Dragoon, and now Black Mage at 70. I need to choose my next job to level, and right now I'm sitting at:

Paladin - 60
Marauder - 17
Astrologian - 52
Pugilist - 15
Ninja - 60
Samurai - 58
Bard - 32
Machinist - 54

I'm thinking either getting Samurai done just because I don't find it that interesting to play or Machinist so I can have a ranged physical job at 70. I'm also maybe thinking doing Marauder last as sorta my victory lap. And I guess once I'm done leveling these... I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe work on crafters, but probably will end my sub until something super significant drops.

Quite nice. How are you going about leveling? It's a grind for me at this point and I'm struggling to get my sub-classes leveled up to match my level 70 Ninja.

Quite nice. How are you going about leveling? It's a grind for me at this point and I'm struggling to get my sub-classes leveled up to match my level 70 Ninja.

If you're talking DPS jobs specifically, doing roulettes and hunts, basically. If you're below 60, add in some Palace of the Dead runs. If you are 60-64ish and you have the time for it, doing Heavensward hunts/beast quests can help a bit too. You could also always do some PvP for a different, fairly mindless experience that queues up pretty fast. Leveling DPS jobs can be a bit of a grind, particularly if you don't have a tank/healer buddy to piggyback off of, but I don't mind going at a slow and steady pace.

Hopefully Kojin beast quests in 4.1 alleviates some of the monotonous grind.

So I've never done any of the raids. I'm excited for the roulette. Do you guys/gals think these will doable with randoms?

The 24 man raids are totally doable as PUGs. The only trouble spots are those that have instant death mechanics, and that's only really because the community absolutely refuses to do those/doesn't actually know them because "this is old content and we outgear it anyway". You're probably okay going in blind for everything but World of Darkness and Wiping City of Mhach.

No heal pants from O3S for yet another week. I did get a twine though... I could get to 340 if I upgrade the tome healer pants. I'm not sure if that would be a waste though if healer pants drop next week....

B.K.

Back from vacation. Now to get back into the grind. I cleared V1S last night. I'll do 2S tonight. I need to cash in last week's Cactpot tickets before the drawing tonight.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll finally find enough people to play these old Raids with now that there's a roulette for them! What about the 8 person raids? Is there going to be a roulette for those?

Squishy3

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll finally find enough people to play these old Raids with now that there's a roulette for them! What about the 8 person raids? Is there going to be a roulette for those?
There'll probably never be one that includes Coil but there absolutely should be for Alexander and soon to be Omega, but the dev team's never said anything AFAIK. At the end of Heavensward's life cycle any floor not from the current tier of Alexander was dead for queues regardless of the role.

Same thing will happen to Omega normal by the end of Stormblood if they don't implement one.

Hoo boy

Did a level roulette today where we get Tam Tara Deepcroft and the healer was clearly brand new, first time doing the dungeon, and didn't know what they were doing. Absolutely refused to use Cure and stuck with Medica only. I died as tank like 3-4 times before the final boss, and we tried to beat the final boss 2-3 times but failed. Everyone in the group was trying, as nicely as possible, to tell him to use Cure on me but he never responded to us and refused to use anything other than Medica and in the end we had to kick him from the group to be able to finish.

I know there's a learning curve, particularly if it's your first MMO, and I'm certainly not asking for perfection. I feel bad and I'm sure he's either pissed at us or super bummed out about it and I hope he eventually learns how to play.

Hoo boy

Did a level roulette today where we get Tam Tara Deepcroft and the healer was clearly brand new, first time doing the dungeon, and didn't know what they were doing. Absolutely refused to use Cure and stuck with Medica only. I died as tank like 3-4 times before the final boss, and we tried to beat the final boss 2-3 times but failed. Everyone in the group was trying, as nicely as possible, to tell him to use Cure on me but he never responded to us and refused to use anything other than Medica and in the end we had to kick him from the group to be able to finish.

I know there's a learning curve, particularly if it's your first MMO, and I'm certainly not asking for perfection. I feel bad and I'm sure he's either pissed at us or super bummed out about it and I hope he eventually learns how to play.

Likely a bot

So Scholars are getting Sustain back but Summoners aren't?

Why would Scholars need Sustain if they can just heal their pet if it's really needed while Summoners have no option to realistically keep their pet alive without Sustain?

B.K.

Got to the library phase in V3S a few times tonight. Kept dying to the books because people wouldn't pick a square and stay there. I don't know if I will ever clear that fight.

There'll probably never be one that includes Coil but there absolutely should be for Alexander and soon to be Omega, but the dev team's never said anything AFAIK. At the end of Heavensward's life cycle any floor not from the current tier of Alexander was dead for queues regardless of the role.

Same thing will happen to Omega normal by the end of Stormblood if they don't implement one.
Yeah, I want to try those out too :( hope they include it.

yaffi

You could join groups on Partyfinder. People do Coil and older stuff all the time. Either for Khloe, to farm stuff (don't join these groups) or to "harvest" bonus poetics from new players. You'll have to do it unsynced, but you can still enjoy the story.

So I just bought the ps4 complete edition. Cant even get past the login screen. Literally spent hours trying to figure out why I cant type in my Square Enix ID because its locked to my first name for some reason.

Edit:
Nvm fixed.

kagamin

Your best option for doing coil is to get a group of 8 including yourself and just spend a whole day (or a couple of days depending in how much time you have) just running through all of them, it's especially nice when you have people who can explain the mechanics you can't skip.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Jumped in to grab some tomestones and decided to give RDM a shot.
The lack of Dualcast present on the job gauge really surprised me - following it isn't THAT hard and I can always look to the buff bar, but still - compared to BLM's gauge, RDM's one feels weird without DC.

Top Bottom