• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I sincerely doubt the delay it's due to a recycled fight.

If you wanna blame anything, blame yet another PVP mode that will get as much use as Ultimate raids.

Was half kidding really.

If the PVP mode is well done, it'll get plenty of use.

Delay is probably...they couldn't get it done or honestly trying to avoid another Diadem disaster.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
That trailer man.

giphy.gif

Trojita

Who was the character holding the white auricite looking soul stone?

*3.0 and 4.0 spoilers*

Is that the crackhead warrior of light that became corrupted in the 13th world?

Eureka delayed to 4.2, disappointing

Ugh... I was so hoping to start my weapon. Guess I have some time to decide which class.

So would I be able to upgrade the Creaton weapon from the new 24 man or will it be gated behind the Omega Savage? In HW I never bothered with the upgraded tome weapon and just did the anima version.

So would I be able to upgrade the Creaton weapon from the new 24 man or will it be gated behind the Omega Savage? In HW I never bothered with the upgraded tome weapon and just did the anima version.
Yes but very likely not at launch. Usually they only put weapon upgrades at a later patch.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm confused about the Heavy Thrust nerf but 3 dragon eyes instead of 4 has been an obvious fix since 4.0. We now get to use our 70 abilities more than like three times per dungeon!

I sincerely doubt the delay it's due to a recycled fight.

If you wanna blame anything, blame yet another PVP mode that will get as much use as Ultimate raids.

PVP needs more instant gratification like WoW's, where you get reward points per kill. Right now the only feedback you get from killing someone is a buff after you kill X number of people (that only registers on some kills) and knowing that you added 5 seconds to their respawn timer, you rapscallion!

I'm confused about the Heavy Thrust nerf but 3 dragon eyes instead of 4 has been an obvious fix since 4.0. We now get to use our 70 abilities more than like three times per dungeon!
Heavy Thrust is getting Disembowel'd. Nerfing the buff but increasing weaponskill potencies so if you let it drop it won't be as big of a DPS loss.

studyguy

JOB ADJUSTMENTS:
No mentions for PLD
I didn't expect any but always expect to get hammered in a bad way

Also I thought that cracked gem they were looking at was one of the zodiac stones from Tactics since it led right into the Ivalice stuff after.
ZodiacStones.jpg

iammeiam

Based 2 week delay for Ultimate. The iLevel requirement is a thing--there a couple of slots I was never going to bother getting 340 for because crafted is king, but if it's going to refuse to let me in because 336 I guess it's time to page out stuff.

Why the HELL would you buff Hypercharge.

This is the most hilariously predictable change, though. If it's back to 10% I'm gonna die laughing. They don't know what to do with the job and Midas taught them if you make Hypercharge strong enough people will play it solely so they can use the group buff as cover. When it became clear making the job Actually Good wasn't going to get people to play it, their only possible choice was making hyper charge too good.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Based 2 week delay for Ultimate. The iLevel requirement is a thing--there a couple of slots I was never going to bother getting 340 for because crafted is king, but if it's going to refuse to let me in because 336 I guess it's time to page out stuff.

This is the most hilariously predictable change, though. If it's back to 10% I'm gonna die laughing. They don't know what to do with the job and Midas taught them if you make Hypercharge strong enough people will play it solely so they can use the group buff as cover. When it became clear making the job Actually Good wasn't going to get people to play it, their only possible choice was making hyper charge too good.

Someone said it's actually turret AA potency while hypercharged and not hypercharge damage debuff. Much adjustment.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played much DRG this patch on my weeb holiday, but why is it every time they buff drg there's some positional changes? Like I'm not complaining but was there this gigantic outcry against the nefarious side bonus of heavy thrust?

So I'm trying to get back into it for the free weekend. I've owned the game since the beginning but it's been a long time since I logged in. Just tried to reset my password, but it refuses to accept any security question options, yet I know all the answers. Also, the only person who knows what my actual User ID (not email) is is a friend of mine who is currently at work (because it shows the User ID, I think, as a friend). Joy, having to deal with SE support...

Squishy3

Who was the character holding the white auricite looking soul stone?

*3.0 and 4.0 spoilers*

Is that the crackhead warrior of light that became corrupted in the 13th world?
It's the early antagonist Bangaa from XII shown in the trailer. The corrupted WoLs from the 13th world that Unukulhai mentions is Cuchulainn in Void Ark, per the lore book.

You can see Garrote's chains right before Teraflare in the trailer. RIP edit: wait, it's putting them in down for the count status so they can't LB3. i wonder if that means you need to kill nael before teraflare then since you can't be garroted if nael isn't up

trailer MSQ spoiler hyothesis junk:
I wonder what Primal is getting summoned in the throne room. Can also see Raubahn probably fighting some enthralled Adders, or maybe Imperial spies snuck into whatever meeting Lyse held

dramatis

nice!
FFXII espers/ Ivalice lucavi (Hashmal and Mateus) are raid bosses now? cool.
I guessed they would since it's easy model recycling. Especially since a bunch of monsters were recycled from 12's assets in the first place.

Why are those Ebisu dudes such dicks

I haven't played much DRG this patch on my weeb holiday, but why is it every time they buff drg there's some positional changes? Like I'm not complaining but was there this gigantic outcry against the nefarious side bonus of heavy thrust?
Because DRG damage is rarely out of line so the best way to buff DRG is to make it easier to access their damage. This is why the job gets stuff like positional, animation lock and timer changes as opposed to raw potency buffs most of the time.

iammeiam

Perform is 4.15, tho, not 4.1

Also the SCH changes seem to be a pretty good way to slap nAST down. Succor is now functionally the same as AH, just with a faster cast time.

Someone said it's actually turret AA potency while hypercharged and not hypercharge damage debuff. Much adjustment.

I'm trying to track back through the wave of reactions to figure out what was actually said, since the closest I've seen to a translation just says "Hypercharge potency buffed" which is super vague. If it's literally just turret AA potency that'll be pretty funny, but it seems relatively grey-area since I'm still not convinced anyone involved in the live letters knows how MCH works. The current hyper charge action just says it increases turret potency, and then the vuln information lives on the turrets. So further increasing the 'potency' of the hyper charge skill is weird.

I'm trying to track back through the wave of reactions to figure out what was actually said, since the closest I've seen to a translation just says "Hypercharge potency buffed" which is super vague. If it's literally just turret AA potency that'll be pretty funny, but it seems relatively grey-area since I'm still not convinced anyone involved in the live letters knows how MCH works. The current hyper charge action just says it increases turret potency, and then the vuln information lives on the turrets. So further increasing the 'potency' of the hyper charge skill is weird.
【機工士】MCH
・ハイパーチャージ時の威力アップ
Hypercharge potency up
I think it's supposed to be the AA potency yeah, but it's weird that they would talk about Hypercharge as opposed to talking about it for the turrets.

I just really, really hope we're not going back to 30s trick attack.

iammeiam

That's what I saw, but I'm trying to figure out if more was said to lead people to jump to AA potency only. The actual hypercharge skill currently says:

"Overcharges your autoturret, increasing its normal attack potency."

(and in JP it refers to 威力 , same as the LL)

It seems like people are leaping to potency = AAs, when the vuln is lumped in under potency in the current HC.

It'd be healthier for group comp/at least keep the potential for SMN in the flex slot if it's just turret autos, but they've been desperately trying to make MCH happen for years at this point so I'd be surprised if they were that restrained on changes.

(although it'd be neat if they did something to make HC turret explosion worth constantly doing.)

Trojita

It does feel like the very ambitious .1 patches of ARR are diminishing more, but at the same time I feel like Yoshi and his crew have needed a break for a long time. Whether this is that or not is up for debate. Modeling and balancing take a lot of work, but it seems like the rest of the internet is very upset that the long term substance of the content shown in the Live Letter isn't long lasting and there will be another drought again.

Squishy3

Eh, Rival Wings will probably be fairly long-lasting considering it'll probably also get a new mount achievement added with it like every new type of PVP that's been added since Shatter got the white ADS and Feast got the Captain Harlock pose-granting airship. (Cruise Chaser mount anyone?)

Only reason why Secure and Seize are dead is because you knock out two birds with one stone by doing Shatter since it counts towards both ADS mounts.

Arkeband

Banned
Heavy Thrust is getting Disembowel'd. Nerfing the buff but increasing weaponskill potencies so if you let it drop it won't be as big of a DPS loss.

Kind of sounds like they just need to get rid of it. I get that babysitting a 15% isn't fun, but babysitting a 5 or 10% buff is also lame for different reasons.

Disembowel being changed didn't affect us much since it's still a necessary combo move, Heavy Thrust is out-of-combo.

It does feel like the very ambitious .1 patches of ARR are diminishing more, but at the same time I feel like Yoshi and his crew have needed a break for a long time. Whether this is that or not is up for debate. Modeling and balancing take a lot of work, but it seems like the rest of the internet is very upset that the long term substance of the content shown in the Live Letter isn't long lasting and there will be another drought again.

They took a prolonged break during Heavensward - and even without that, it isn't like they are exempt from vacation days like every other software dev on the planet. This whole mindset of them requiring less and less attention to the game because they 'deserve it' is so very bizarre.

We're supposed to be getting 4.2 on the normal schedule so it shouldn't be that bad, but I was kinda counting on having Eureka so I have something to do beyond finishing Neo and trying out Ultimate.

Oh well, I still need to finish leveling my crafters to prepare for 4.2 so it won't be that bad, I guess.
Kind of sounds like they just need to get rid of it. I get that babysitting a 15% isn't fun, but babysitting a 5 or 10% buff is also lame for different reasons.

Disembowel being changed didn't affect us much since it's still a necessary combo move, Heavy Thrust is out-of-combo.
Yeah but if they do that they need to adjust timers as well. Having to clip Chaos every time already fucking sucks, the DRG rotation needs one more button, not one less.

Bring Phlebotomize back

4.1 looks solid. I'm not extremely excited about any of the additions but I'll definitely end up engaging with all of it and that's more than I can say for most of the previous patches.
Eh, Rival Wings will probably be fairly long-lasting considering it'll probably also get a new mount achievement added with it like every new type of PVP that's been added since Shatter got the white ADS and Feast got the Captain Harlock pose-granting airship. (Cruise Chaser mount anyone?)

Only reason why Secure and Seize are dead is because you knock out two birds with one stone by doing Shatter since it counts towards both ADS mounts.

Ever since they announced the mode I've been hoping we'll get a Cruise Chaser mount and I feel like I'm only going to be disappointed.

Arkeband

Banned
i am surprised nobody has brought up we are getting 24 man alliance raid roulette added to the duty finder

I have my doubts that it will be useful without time-efficient rewards. When PVP didn't give quick and easy high-end tomes or fastest EXP, that's when it used to take two hours to find a group. This will need to give Extreme roulette levels of Creation and also mega EXP for leveling classes.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Wait hold on does this mean we are NOT getting a Relic Weapon in 4.1 and 4.15?

i am surprised nobody has brought up we are getting 24 man alliance raid roulette added to the duty finder
Because it's known information for weeks now and outside getting a few tomes the Roulette is mostly useful for player who haven't played the 24 Man Content.

Top Bottom