• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Second call for any potential FFXIV questions for the devs now that 4.1 is live.

Yeah I got one. When is this incompetent company going to add more plots yet alone solve the housing problem? If people had more plots there would be much less selling and a potential break of the TOS can be avoided.

I’m disappointed that this company is basically race to get a house in a stream of rng errors. I’ve complained and complained on the official forums but the devs just don’t care to solve it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
MSQ 4.1:
So we of the immortal flames have lost Raubahn -senpai and are now under command of a Lalafell. Mass exodus incoming.
:p

Pippin has a million times more personality than boring-ass old lady from the woods or weird blue pirate thing.

Valonquar

Finished Rabanastre run last night. First group I joined didn't have the dps/skill to clear 2nd boss. Next group easily had twice the dps of 1st group. We wiped once on 2nd and once on last boss. I have a few gripes, but overall it was a pretty fun place. Tank boots dropped, which I passed on, which was a good call since I landed tank chest at the end!

One this I can say about 24 mans, there's a lot of 1 shot kill mechanics in them that are hilarious to watch happen from afar.

I'm going to have to run this place a LOT to get both triple triad cards aren't I? ;_;

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finished Rabanastre run last night. First group I joined didn't have the dps/skill to clear 2nd boss. Next group easily had twice the dps of 1st group. We wiped once on 2nd and once on last boss. I have a few gripes, but overall it was a pretty fun place. Tank boots dropped, which I passed on, which was a good call since I landed tank chest at the end!

One this I can say about 24 mans, there's a lot of 1 shot kill mechanics in them that are hilarious to watch happen from afar.

I'm going to have to run this place a LOT to get both triple triad cards aren't I? ;_;
Got the rare card on my first run, yay.

That raid is something else. I spent more time dodging then attacking on 2nd boss. Not sure how we downed him with everyone running around to avoid the nonstop AOE.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just finished the 4.1 story. I enjoyed it quite a bit, especially the part around the dungeon and the story battle.
One thing that bugs me is that I feel like
Gosetsu should be able to easily contact at least one important character and ask them to pick him and Yotsuyu up.

Qvoth

finished 4.1 msq, not bad
i even got a bit teary eyed at the end :3
whose right hand was that at the end when they showed the 2 garlean soldiers talking?

6% enrage at Neo Exdeath with 4 deaths.

Hopefully he goes down this week.

Same for me. But at .7%. We would've done one more pull, but not enough time for the lockout. Plus it was passed our raid time anyway. We'll probably clear it on Thursday. We just got to be careful not to get hit by emptiness. Since it really hurts the fight.

Redx508

for the new page

Rabanastre FC run at 9pm EST 10/11/2017

Quote to reveal sign up

If you don't arrive 10 min after scheduled time, whoever asks first will get your place

Chille

How sexy is my Lala? I got him to try the new hairstyle

DL34YNSXUAAF2pv.jpg

Wilsongt

Tried to do the Royal City of Salt last night. Vote disbanded at 2nd boss.

Also, Wanderer's Palace is sketchy with the squad. Tank AI wants to focus on the tonberry adds and not the king.

Zomba13

Made a sweet little TV for my house!

GIF.gif

Using the Gold Saucer Sabotender thing and the Hildibrand picture and a partition (and my orchestrion because I like it being in walls).. Could use other portraits or posters if you get creative with hiding the edges.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Made a sweet little TV for my house!

GIF.gif

Using the Gold Saucer Sabotender thing and the Hildibrand picture and a partition (and my orchestrion because I like it being in walls).. Could use other portraits or posters if you get creative with hiding the edges.

That's some engineer-level ingenuity.

Baleoce

jkmKoUe.png

Any ideas? Trying to move apartment from Lavender Beds to Shirogane. I'm not over the storeroom capacity, and yet it's saying I don't meet the requirements.

B.K.

On hunter retainers, does it matter what class they are or do they all have the same items they can get? I need to assign classes to the rest of my retainers.

Euphony

Banned
I'm not sure if it was 4.1 specifically that did this, but prior to the update I used Esc to untarget enemies. Now pressing Esc only brings up the system menu, like it did before, but doesn't untarget things. It's really bothering me.

Took four groups to get a clear in Rabanastre, but the last group I got was great. We only wiped once, to the second boss.
at 1%, lol

It's a fun raid, but I dunno how often I'll do it.

grimmiq

4.1 MSQ spoiler

Wow,
they're really trying to make me feel bad for Imperial Collaborators, one of which died while walking through the slums to get to an Imperial party dressed in their fancy clothes? I get it Fordola was an innocent child then, but her parents sure weren't. I thought they'd turn her around, she wanted to get into the military and free her people that way, nope, she just wanted to make the filth think twice before throwing stones again.

Teknoman

I feel so lost...just saw that Ivalice raid is finally in...but I havent been able to play since Stormblood launched, much less finish the rest of Heavensward... :/

Garlador

I feel so lost...just saw that Ivalice raid is finally in...but I havent been able to play since Stormblood launched, much less finish the rest of Heavensward... :/

As I tell everyone in your situation...

Don't worry about.

Stormblood will wait for you, and Heavensward is immensely satisfying to journey through to its highly memorable conclusion.

Teknoman

As I tell everyone in your situation...

Don't worry about.

Stormblood will wait for you, and Heavensward is immensely satisfying to journey through to its highly memorable conclusion.

Yeah I need to just get back in and go at my own pace again. I guess I feel more obligated(?) to be on top of things since ive been trucking along since 1.0 (if that makes any sense).

Bebpo

Banned
Not sure what's happened, but for some reason in the last month every few days I log on and have horrible lag and then get disconnected. Sometimes then I reconnect and everything is perfect. Been playing almost a year and never had this until the last month. Like tonight no matter how I many times I log on/log off right now I have terrible lag. I check my bandwidth and nothing is using it. No idea what is going on but it's pretty annoying.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Not sure what's happened, but for some reason in the last month every few days I log on and have horrible lag and then get disconnected. Sometimes then I reconnect and everything is perfect. Been playing almost a year and never had this until the last month. Like tonight no matter how I many times I log on/log off right now I have terrible lag. I check my bandwidth and nothing is using it. No idea what is going on but it's pretty annoying.
Might be a good idea to check for similar reports from people using the same ISP as you. I remember some other MMOs having these kinds of problems periodically with specific ISPs in certain regions, so it might be that.

I'm 30 days off Firion's gear. Bad bad game, but Firion's design is pretty great.
Zidane sucks, Cloud is a special snowflake and Squall is for hipsters that want to be like Cloud but don't want to be too mainstream.

Kinda wish they'd expand on the vet rewards being FF character costumes. But they said they weren't adding to theme and I remember Yuna/Tidus being tied to fanfest stuff, so maybe that's how I'll finally get Cecil
kinda sucks his dark knight helmet is attached to HW CE

kaioshade

For the life of me, i cannot get a decent group going for the raid. Wipe a few times, and everyone votes abandon. It's almost like the content is less than 48 hours old or something...

So do the new raid and dungeon drop any cool looking gear?

Most people hate them but I don't. They're very classic final fantasy armor designs. I especially love the enchanter and squire outfits (except for the head gear). Really wanted a Gaffgarion set but maybe they'll do one later one once they release more Ivalice content.

Not everyone likes looking like over the top power rangers.

Squishy3

welp, there it is.

Matsuno said:
Looks like there are some misinformations here so I'm going to clear this up
"Return to Ivalice is NOT a post FFT story!"
Like what was said in the previous 14 hour broadcast, it's a concept of what if we are to bring Ivalice into a theme park games like FF14. It's not a Tactics sequel or whatsoever!

Top Bottom