• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Oswen

I was expecting Bards to spam that new Perform action around Kugane but I saw noone! Did they actually add it? If so where to unlock?

Oswen

It’s not out till 4.15.

Oh I see, makes sense.

I'm actually enjoying the new SMN redesign, the job is probably a bit too busy but I overall like it.
Planting Bahamuth in place and have it cast Wyrmwaves on its own would probably be the best thing to do next.

Squishy3

Oh I see, makes sense.

I'm actually enjoying the new SMN redesign, the job is probably a bit too busy but I overall like it.
Planting Bahamuth in place and have it cast Wyrmwaves on its own would probably be the best thing to do next.
Yeah, they delayed it because there was a problem where when people watching someone Perform the audio would come out as laggy/garbled, so they delayed it to fix that problem.

Bowlie

Banned
The MSQ addressed some things that I've been wanting to see for a long, long time, and it gave me what's my favorite solo duty. Between this and that tournament in the Steppe in 4.0, I'm expecting more cool things.

I also loved the look of the new dungeon, and its monsters and bosses. It's kinda long in the back half so I may get tired of it after a while.

Now I have a house, and the squadron, and the kojin, and M'naago's deliveries to take care of; it's a lot!!

Redx508

for the new page
bt1.png

we running a full gaf run for patch day (gaf members only)

9pm EST, Discord is a must(you don't have to talk)

don't forget to repair your gear!

CLBridges

The new Alliance raid is definitely supergoodfuntimes. Got the last boss down to 14% but ran out of time (...yeah). Drowning city is sweet and doesn't take long at all to complete. I'm kinda glad they shifted away from dungeon heavy patches. Give us new stuff to grind in.

studyguy

So the FFT armors are based off some weird mash up of Ramza's squire set (with more plate armor bits), Olan's set for healers, Mustadio for range, Samurai FFT for literally everyone else.

Demoskinos

Anyone get the vet rewards they didn't have yet?

I should be eligible for the Squall stuff with the new requirements. Any word on this?

mcw

I need Duckroll to weigh in on the new raid. Can’t wait to try it myself but first I gotta gear up a little more.

Anyone get the vet rewards they didn't have yet?

I should be eligible for the Squall stuff with the new requirements. Any word on this?
I think they said it'd be a couple days before everybody has everything. Some people have one or two of the rewards they're eligible for.
I logged on this morning and should be eligible for Cloud, Zidane, and Firion but didn't have anything yet, so it's just a waiting game.

kaze343

I think they said it'd be a couple days before everybody has everything. Some people have one or two of the rewards they're eligible for.
I logged on this morning and should be eligible for Cloud, Zidane, and Firion but didn't have anything yet, so it's just a waiting game.

one thing a lot of people should be able to do is hit the reward button on moogle mail. that might get you the stuff sooner.

iammeiam

One little detail that's nice--The move to AST cards back in the buff bar means you can click off your Draw/Spread/RR again, or use a macro to do the same.

"But why would I macro if they gave me dedicated skills to do that?"

Undraw, Unspread, UnRR are all oGCD skills without an animation but with an animation lock that cannot be used during a cast. Macros/clicking off are all lock-free and can be done during a cast, instead of wedged in between and clipping out your GCD. Less clipping is always good, since AST is generally a clip fiesta, and being able to Undraw mid-cast can gain a second or two back on the Draw CD which over the course of the fight can add up.

Oppo still doesn't extend the draw timer the way it did back in HW, which is too bad, but it's still solid QoL.

Omni

Soooo glad I managed to grab this. A medium this time too! Sold my small house months ago in advance, haha.

also noticed less performance issues on PS4 than in other housing areas, which is nice. Suppose that might change once everyone starts decorating

B.K.

332k experience points for Zhloe on a 55WVR and leves more than doubled. It's going to be a lot quicker leveling crafters to 70 now.

JMZ555

Guys i'm thinking of trying to get a few friends to jump in who never played before.

What is total cost in UK £ to get someone straight to Stormblood main story if they own nothing at all?

Theres no AAA MMORPG on the horizon. I burned out near end of HW as a Dragoon but im thinking of just moving to Black Mage for change of pace. If i get my friends involved i think dungeons will be fun.

Patch 4.1 story really does kinda suck. There were some good moments but the majority was just not needed.

SPOILERS

Fordola's scene in the past was great but after that it went downhill. The filler with Rauhbahn and Nanamo was more like side content. Why was I in Kugane and then Ul dah? I didn't like how we were scanning monsters for a weak point. I that a side quest or a documentary? My god it was BAD. The ending is even worse. A lady that shot you 3 times is now hanging out with you and having food with you. WTF EVEN IS THAT? Is she tsundere all along for Gosetsu? The fight with Lakshmi at the end was okay I guess. Lyse did some more this patch like convinced a murderer to fight for her, set up a meeting and established a new government, etc. I feel like half the development in this patch was incredibly bad... so many useless moments. Zenos is alive? Nobody saw that coming.

JMZ555

Not sure how Call back campaign works but can someone sort me out with a call back email?

Name: Kira Tempest
World: Moogle

iammeiam

So we're all going to learn to do it wrong, then they'll fix it, and we'll have a really confused couple of days.

New dungeon was alright, but nothing super memorable.

Waiting for raid tonight to do blind Shinryu. What could go wrong.

Atolm

Well I've been doing Shinryu with my raid group earlier tonight.

They were joking when they said it was between V2 and V3, as someone with V4 on farm since more than two months ago I'd say it's at the very least on par with V3.

The fight is almost un-pugable, I'm saying goodbye to that wolf until the next expansion. I don't understand SE, the jump between Susanoo & Lakshmi and this is insane for the kind of players that do extremes.

Euphony

Banned
Not sure how I feel about the Strife set. It looks fine from the front but the back looks terrible with the junky straps and holders. They don't even connect to the rest of the outfit, they're just floating behind you.

Rabanastre was great, managed to do it with my first group with about 45 minutes to spare. The raid itself was a lot of fun and the group I got was actually largely positive and chatty for the most part so any complaining would generally be drowned out and they were happy to figure it out as we went.

B.K.

The experience boost on tradecraft leves is nice. I just did two large scale leves in Ishgard with HQ items and got almost six million experience points each. I went from 57 to 60 on Weaver with two leves.

I'm creating a new character right now on Primal and trying to pick a server. Anyone have a referral friend code / can help out with some gil? Would help me in picking what server to choose.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That was damn cool.
The second boss fight, the descent into the old city... Good shit.

Can't wait for more.

The raid was fun.

A lot of the time I just turned into a rez bot since multiple people were dead or someone would rez me so I could use Lucid Dreaming and bring some people back quickly.

Thanks to that we avoided some wipes though.

Top Bottom