• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally: OutRun2 Kikizo Videos - /w 2 Bonus Tracks!

boutrosinit said:
P.S. The frame rate on those vids could use a tweak.

Dude, read the thread and the article... The framerate is pristine, but some are having playback issues either because of bitrate or codecs or summat. Try WMP10.

I just saw these on my Workstation with WMP 9, and they don't look quite 60FPS to me. WMP reports that the videos are indeed encoded @ 60FPS, but I suspect that the capture was done at lower framerate, and then encoded at 60FPS.

The 60FPS OR2 video Trojan X posted earlier is definitely smoother looking IMO.

Shogmaster said:
I just saw these on my Workstation with WMP 9, and they don't look quite 60FPS to me. WMP reports that the videos are indeed encoded @ 60FPS, but I suspect that the capture was done at lower framerate, and then encoded at 60FPS.

The 60FPS OR2 video Trojan X posted earlier is definitely smoother looking IMO.

Here's the thing, TrojanX's video on my setup "looked" less than 60 while these ones look totally perfect. I suspect this is not straightfoward. TrojanX's and Kikizo's were done in pretty much the same way in terms of source and final output.

KyotoMecca said:
Here's the thing, TrojanX's video on my setup "looked" less than 60 while these ones look totally perfect. I suspect this is not straightfoward. TrojanX's and Kikizo's were done in pretty much the same way in terms of source and final output.

No way. Trojan's videos are coming up 2000Mb/sec and yours are coming up around 2300Mb/s according to WMP. His videos are 320x240ish while your vids are 740x480ish. Does that sound right to you? Remember, your vids are displaying around 4 times the pixels as his! Even accounting for different level of compression, your bitrate should be much higher if indeed your capture was done @ 60FPS like his.

Shogmaster said:
No way. Trojan's videos are coming up 2000Mb/sec and yours are coming up around 2300Mb/s according to WMP. His videos are 320x240ish while your vids are 740x480ish. Does that sound right to you? Remember, your vids are displaying around 4 times the pixels as his! Even accounting for different level of compression, your bitrate should be much higher if indeed your capture was done @ 60FPS like his.

Firstly his were not captured at sixty. For one thing the source was PAL (25 Int). Second, as far as I am aware they were just deinterlaced then taken to 60.

You can define the bit rate as you please, so just because Kikizo's are larger res doesn't mean they have to be higher bitrate, obviously more than 2 for the web would be a joke.

Looking back at Trojan's vid it does actually look 60, but then so do Kikizo's.

I thogh you said before you resolved the issue so that playback looked perfect by upgrading to WMP10?

Shog, can you do me a favour and download one of the lowres files, and tell me how the smoothness of playback of thsose compares to one of the large versions you've already downloaded. This will help identify the issue.

KyotoMecca said:
Firstly his were not captured at sixty. For one thing the source was PAL (25 Int). Second, as far as I am aware they were just deinterlaced then taken to 60.

You can define the bit rate as you please, so just because Kikizo's are larger res doesn't mean they have to be higher bitrate, obviously more than 2 for the web would be a joke.

Looking back at Trojan's vid it does actually look 60, but then so do Kikizo's.

I thogh you said before you resolved the issue so that playback looked perfect by upgrading to WMP10?

Shog, can you do me a favour and download one of the lowres files, and tell me how the smoothness of playback of thsose compares to one of the large versions you've already downloaded. This will help identify the issue.

Shit, I think I just figured out why your vids don't look 60FPS. My workstation is running a Cintiq and the Ghettobox is running a CRT. I don't think Cintiq's LCD is rated 16ms. Probably more like 25ms, which means best I can see on it is 40FPS. DOH! Silly me.

The reason for the bitrate similarity must be that your vids are compressed alot more than his.

I'm going to connect the CRT to the Workstation and see if your vids look 60FPS. I suspect they will.

Shogmaster said:
Shit, I think I just figured out why your vids don't look 60FPS. My workstation is running a Cintiq and the Ghettobox is running a CRT. I don't think Cintiq's LCD is rated 16ms. Probably more like 25ms, which means best I can see on it is 40FPS. DOH! Silly me. I'm going to connect the CRT to the Workstation and see if your vids look 60FPS. I suspect they will.

Cool, let me know (dumbass!) ;-)

Shogmaster said:
The reason for the bitrate similarity must be that your vids are compressed alot more than his.

Like I said, you can control bitrate independently of other factors, they are not related from an encoding point of view.

KyotoMecca said:
Seen. Thought you were crying at the earth-shattering Kikizo vids for a second there... ;-)

I don't know about earth shattering, but it was my Ghettobox shattering, that's for sure.

Top Bottom