• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally saw my first UFO(s)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramparter

Banned
I think you've just witnessed the alien version of this:

Edit:Fuck i knew it

OP, I figured it out

xN90OmR.png

Second pic reminds me of...

VAxoqmb.png

please give me the link, i must ve missed a great thread

-Deimos

You are living in a simulation.
something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go - I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... suddenly there was intense light all around me - and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?

Huh??

dity

something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go - I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... suddenly there was intense light all around me - and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?
You're the passenger that fell asleep!

Pro-tip: When the aliens offer you some space weed, don't smoke it after midnight. I'm talking about Gremlins, it's a psychological midnight. You recognize the taboo! Even when you are asleep and he's in the kitchen!

I immediately wondered whether it could be light reflecting off a flock of birds because that seems to be a common and apparent explanation for some UFOs. I am 100% sure these lights were not birds. It was also not a plane, a group of planes, nor was it helicopters or 7 shooting stars. At all.

Why?
You gave several reasonable explanations but dismiss them for no reason whatsoever. Instead you stick with the one that has no ground to stand on.

It's interesting how one can have delusions, loss of critical thinking etc. only in one part of their understanding of the world and daily life. You can see that pattern in all kinds of people even though you would usually only associate it with religious fundamentalists.
I wonder if that's part of how our brain is designed to deal with the input or if it's some sort of defect. Kinda off-topic but does someone know a nice reading on this? Preferably from a neurological point of view and not psychological.

SuperSah

Banned
I saw a four orange light formation once which 100% was not planes or anything of the sorts.

I lived in an area well known for UFO sightings and one of the UK's first photographed UFO came from there.

It was this 4 orange light formation gently hovering with zero movement or sound. It was just there. Then gently, one by one they broke away from the formation and flew off at what seemed to be 1000mph and totally disappeared.

It was creepy shit man.

cameron

Edit: I see ya'll got jokes, huh? It's cool, this is NeoGAF after all and it's 3am on Sunday. Don't know why I expected any sort of actual conversation about this. I was just really excited so I thought I'd share it and see if others on here have seen anything. I admit that whatever I saw is most likely easily explained just because that seems to be the nature of UFOs in general. People always want to disregard or crack jokes about someone who sees something he/she can't explain until it happens to them personally. I never once thought that what I saw were seven alien ships being intelligently piloted lol. I myself have always thought the notion of alien ships having lights on them is just ridiculous. If you saw what I saw though, I think you'd be hard-pressed to say that it was an airplane. Maybe it really was a military craft. All I know is that it was cool to finally see something like this because regardless of what it really was, at the time I just could not identify it and it was kind of surreal.

It's all in good fun. Don't let any posts here, including my previous ones, get you down.

DodgerSan

OP, not sure what you expected, but I wouldn't try to get any kind of sense from this crowd.

Honest skepticism is understandable, because if you haven't seen it yourself then it's hard to believe someone else. The only thing most people will believe is the evidence of their own eyes.

YOU know what you saw, what it was and more importantly what it wasn't. That will probably have to do.

Hex

Banned
My first time was something very similar, except it did a turn in a way that was just insane and I am talking like something from Tron.
Same pyramid shape but at the end when I still thought it was one object each light took off in a different direction and vanished crazy fast.
(And for the record it was 1989/1990)

pitchfork

I love anything paranormal. Experienced some weird shit myself, but not related to UFO's

Does GAF have a 'Paranormal' OT?

Something happened to me last Thursday when I was driving home. I had a couple of miles to go - I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly... suddenly there was intense light all around me - and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
i thought i saw a ufo once... but it turned out to be a helicopter shining its light at me.

then recently I thought i saw a ufo again, red and green lights were flashing back and forth, but then I realised it was a drone as it came and landed in a park.

As we got out the car, my daughter commented on how bright a couple stars were. I told her I can find a very bright one in the constellation called Orion's Belt (the star Betelgeuse). I searched up above for the constellation and after I said Orion's Belt, my friend remarked how anytime he hears the name Orion's Belt, he thinks of the film Men in Black.

Not to be a stickler but Orion is well below the horizon by this time of the year in the Northern Hemisphere, especially by midnight in May.

Razorback

You say you work and live near military bases. You admit that what you saw could have been some sort of experimental craft. And you also agree that aliens putting lights on their ships is a ridiculous idea.

So, what's the mystery here?

Chabbles

You could easily build a light weight frame and some of these to create what you described though. Unless you actually get onto the spaceship belive nothing you read (apart from this) and half of what you see.

2015-new-year-party-Romantic-font-b-Sky-b-font-font-b-Lanterns-b-font-Paper.jpg

Damn I was hoping to do this

rrs

darn aliens keep getting me up at 5 AM ayy lmaoing with the windows down and the system up
no sleep does the wildest things

GorillaJu

It's funny how aliens always expose their existence to the people who are already convinced they're there. Can't they give the rest of us a glimpse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom