• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Rutger

Banned
Much of the Fates talk will move to the OT, because it will be more active there.
I wouldn't mind if people are talking about it here, it's going to be the most recent game and everyone is going to play it, we will have things to talk about. I think this would be a good place to talk about things Fates does in relation to older games in the series.

I'll probably be done with my replaythrough of FE9 by time Fates is out, so that's where my focus will be on Friday.

Speaking of my FE9 playthrough, my Ike decided it would be cool to gain just two strength in 14 levels, haha. Nothing BEXP couldn't fix, and not too big of a deal when I have powerhouses like Titania, Oscar, and Mia(who has been outstanding in this run) around.

Alot of FE6 art came out Rutger, looks bad ass.

That Rutger art is pretty nice.

I really haven't been paying attention to Cipher at all. I guess I should change that, there's plenty of material for me to butcher whenever I feel like sketching something.

CbF_SX8UAAE2Eov.jpg

FE4 has aged so well.

Chrom

Kozaki confirms which little sister is better.

I wonder how fast the OT will move.

I'm willing to bet it could actually move faster than Awakening's. More content to discuss plus more players in general thanks to Awakening and the growth of the forum over time. I think it's likely there will have to at least be a second OT in the long run.

I'm willing to bet it could actually move faster than Awakening's. More content to discuss plus more players in general thanks to Awakening and the growth of the forum over time. I think it's likely there will have to at least be a second OT in the long run.

In retrospect the Awakening OT didn't even move that fast.

I wonder if the Fates OT will move faster than the Xenoblade Chronicles X OT.

If only avatars could be of infinite resolution. ._. *Sigh* Suppose I should start Ch. 27 in the meantime...

Speaking of,
game has a weird habit of trying to kill Elise more than anyone else barring maybe Corrin. >.> Between falling deathly ill in Ch. 12, getting shot at by Takumi in Ch. 13, and taking an axe from Liquid Garon in Ch. 27 (not to mention her almost-Azura-tier defenses), I'm amazed she -isn't- dead.

I bever did find my copy of Path of Radience I somehow lost over the summer. Just thinking about that disc floating around in the house makes me upset...I tend to be good with games, especially console games.

If only avatars could be of infinite resolution. ._. *Sigh* Suppose I should start Ch. 27 in the meantime...

Speaking of,
game has a weird habit of trying to kill Elise more than anyone else barring maybe Corrin. >.> Between falling deathly ill in Ch. 12, getting shot at by Takumi in Ch. 13, and taking an axe from Liquid Garon in Ch. 27 (not to mention her almost-Azura-tier defenses), I'm amazed she -isn't- dead.

(actual spoilers here, people who haven't played the game don't look)
well that's what Birthright is for isn't it

Golnei

How often will the thread come in potential danger because of petting.

Petting complaints and whining about irrelevant minutiae which have already gotten countless individual threads (the series' alleged fall from grace, otaku finger-pointing, Nina and Soleil, female armour, pedophilia accusations, the extent or implementation of the same-sex options) will probably be banned under the OT's stated rules for productive discussion, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Without the allure of censorship, the actual petting itself probably won't cause that much of a problem, especially with how it's been restricted. I'd imagine it'd be absorbed by general waifu discourse.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I kinda hope Mother 3 kills it this summer so that Nintendo will consider doing the same thing for FE 6.

I've played it quite a few times now and I'd love an official translation.

Kinsei

Banned
I kinda hope Mother 3 kills it this summer so that Nintendo will consider doing the same thing for FE 6.

Yeah, and then if six kills it we could get 1-5 & 12.

Dreams are nice to have.

imagine the questions

where's marth
where's ike
where's me
who can i marry
are there kids
why do i keep dying

Golnei

MOTHER 3 is kind of in it's own category of unreleased Nintendo games due to the way it's been built up over the years, the remarkably professional fan translation, and its position as the final part of a finished series, which now has had all other games officially released in English, and which had a presence, however niche, internationally before Fire Emblem ever gained traction as a non-Japanese franchise.

I'd definitely welcome them starting to address the lack of an official translation for half the series, though; and hopefully MOTHER 3 could help in that regard if it does succeed.

imagine the questions

where's marth
where's ike
where's me
who can i marry
are there kids
why do i keep dying

I can't believe they make you buy a completely separate game to get the kids. That's far worse than Fates ever got in terms of splitting up content.

Renewed

That Sakura/Elise art is nice. Also Cipher is looking good.

Question: If all 3 routes of Fates released as one game (for $80 or hypothetically for $40/60/w.e) would you play through it all? Do you feel most interested players would buy it and play through it all? I personally think raising the barrier of entry for price or the fact that players that might complete it will drop off (fatigue) wouldn't help much.

CazTGG

imagine the questions

where's marth
where's ike
where's me
who can i marry
are there kids
why do i keep dying

I wouldn't be surprised if they added in a casual mode like they're adding in the ability to trade in the Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow release on the Virtual Console if they ever did that for some of the more difficult Fire Emblem games.

Either that or restore the extra content one can get by linking it and Rekka no Ken together since it's already available via the Virtual Console (though I admit i'm not sure how difficult it would be to add in either function for each game).

Rutger

Banned
I'd definitely welcome them starting to address the lack of an official translation for half the series, though; and hopefully MOTHER 3 could help in that regard if it does succeed.

I'd love to see this happen, I can't imagine it happening soon, but maybe one day if things with the series as well as Mother 3 go well.

FE6 and FE12 would both be great starting points thanks to their connections with localized games as well as Smash. Despite the fact that I'm a fan of FE6, I'd rather see FE12 first since I don't own it and I hear it's good.

But for now, I'm just happy the series is going strong, and I doubt NoA will be skipping another anytime soon.

Kinsei

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if they added in a casual mode like they're adding in the ability to trade in the Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow release on the Virtual Console if they ever did that for some of the more difficult Fire Emblem games.

Either that or restore the extra content one can get by linking it and Rekka no Ken together since it's already available via the Virtual Console (though I admit i'm not sure how difficult it would be to add in either function for each game).

They didn't add casual mode to Rekka no Ken or Sacred Stones so I don't see that happening. There's also a big difference between adding something that was a key feature of the games when they first released (multiplayer in Pokemon) and a feature that was never in the game to begin with.

GSR

By the way, for those who have played Fates: how does Hoshido Lunatic compare to Nohr Hard? I'm deciding whether I want to play through Hoshido before jumping to Revelation.

another name change: Velour->Velouria

Who's even left now? just Kisaragi, Hisame, Mitama, and Ignis right

edit: Shinonome->Shiro

By the way, for those who have played Fates: how does Hoshido Lunatic compare to Nohr Hard? I'm deciding whether I want to play through Hoshido before jumping to Revelation.

from people who've played it already I hear it's even or Conquest Hard is actually a bit harder

of course it's worth noting that unlike Awakening the gap between hard and lunatic is less than the gap between normal and hard

Shun

OT Title has been decided. Enjoy it next week. Please try not complain about my choice of OT title. Will save others and keep those in mind for OT2.

I can't compare the two since I have not play Nohr Hard, just Nohr Lunatic.

It does get hard at times and there was some challenge but I kind of I found that for the most part with a couple exceptions it is a little lax and I felt like I was better off stalling out for a number of the maps. You still need to be careful as it does incrementally get harder and it is not a complete steamroll. there were times where soft reset was necessary because impatient.

I think it is more fun and more challenging in the beginning if you do a pure ninja run for this route. immediately reclass and go through as a ninja for most of Hoshido for your kamui instead of dragon. Your damage output is lower and you can focus on your other units since you don't have to dragon tank through.

There is more flexibility in strategy because maps are more "open". There is more than ample experience to go around when you stall because some maps send like 6 waves of reinforcements you use for experience like with chapter 9 vs Nohr chapter 12 where I had to rush through a single situational strategy because I did not skill grind and Saizou/Kagerou/Ryouma were going to fuck me up.

Nohr Lunatic 12 was kind of stupid because I had to rely going through the right side of the map and RNG warp to the top. dependent on whether or not the enemy warp is successful.

The 祭 healing items made it feel not as tense because of the 1-2 range and I did not feel pressured because no moves like 禍事罪穢 restricting my team or movement.

I think it is worth going through and it is more of a fun challenge if you stick to some gimmicks in your run.

jnWake

I'm playing Awakening for the first time right now, in preparation for Fates (a bit late though haha). Love the production values, although the lack of feet is weird.

I had one death in Chapter 6. It felt so much harder than the rest of the chapters but I was also very unlucky. Poor Stahl, he seemed promising ;_;

Please try not complain about my choice of OT title.
You should know by now you can't have an OT without people saying another title would've been better.
I'm playing Awakening for the first time right now, in preparation for Fates (a bit late though haha). Love the production values, although the lack of feet is weird.

I had one death in Chapter 6. It felt so much harder than the rest of the chapters but I was also very unlucky. Poor Stahl, he seemed promising ;_;
huh, chapter 2 is usually considered the hardest chapter in the game, although maybe on normal/hard that isn't the case idk

also, what difficulty are you playing on/have you played any other games in the series before?

jnWake

huh, chapter 2 is usually considered the hardest chapter in the game, although maybe on normal/hard that isn't the case idk

also, what difficulty are you playing on/have you played any other games in the series before?

Chapter 2? I guess it's hard on Lunatic or something because on Normal it was damn easy.

Playing on Normal and I've beaten FE7 (both Eliwood and Hector on Normal) and FE8 (both stories too). I got a little confident on Stahl's defenses and also made the mistake of trying to protect "Marth". Oh well, at least I have Sully.

Renewed

looking forward to playing revelation(s)

also Shinonome = Shiro
can't have long names can we?
also look forward to fsn jokes about him now

Wow I thought that was fake for a moment...

So it's Selkie and Velouria? Sounds close to silk and velour. I like the names tbh. So who's left?

And I'm sure steel is his body and fire is his blood.

Today may be a reminder of being alone, but it is also a reminder that Fates ships this week, we're soooo close

I think I'm going to go for Birthright first, I think that will make the improved gameplay seem all the sweeter

GSR

Wish the OT was up now so I could post this in there, but: Conquest Ch. 25 on hard is driving me up the wall.
It's bad enough you have to split your forces on a time limit, but the right side of the map seems damn near impossible unless you have a 3-range weapon or someone with ludicrous defense. There's so many ninjas that whoever you send in is basically guaranteed to get down to 1 HP just from their skills unless (even if?) you can counter-kill the ones at 2 range, and Nosferatu's nerfed enough that it's not really an option either

I don't even want to imagine what this is like on Lunatic.

Wish the OT was up now so I could post this in there, but: Conquest Ch. 25 on hard is driving me up the wall.
It's bad enough you have to split your forces on a time limit, but the right side of the map seems damn near impossible unless you have a 3-range weapon or someone with ludicrous defense. There's so many ninjas that whoever you send in is basically guaranteed to get down to 1 HP just from their skills unless (even if?) you can counter-kill the ones at 2 range

I don't even want to imagine what this is like on Lunatic.

That's why you get someone with Kunaibreaker or whatever it's called now...or you can just kill the boss early.

GSR

That's why you get someone with Kunaibreaker or whatever it's called now...or you can just kill the boss early.

Kunaibreaker wouldn't really help. The skills trigger simply based on the battle, not on the attack connecting. And then they've got some Weapon Masters or whatever they're called to finish you off in case the kunais don't.

Killing the boss is kind of an option, I guess, but Corrin's at level 19 and still not quite strong enough to seal the deal. Besides, I could use that 10000G in one of the chests.

Top Bottom