• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Shun

Kunaibreaker wouldn't really help. The skills trigger simply based on the battle, not on the attack connecting. And then they've got some Weapon Masters or whatever they're called to finish you off in case the kunais don't.

Killing the boss is kind of an option, I guess, but Corrin's at level 19 and still not quite strong enough to seal the deal. Besides, I could use that 10000G in one of the chests.

Here

Most guides gave up doing a guide for Conquest Lunatic without buying skills. It's too hard to find a reliable strategy without relying on the RNG like crazy...

I had to cheese and buy skills after Chapter 20 my first run. I am trying to do a rerun on Conquest without skills buying and it is literally fuck life.

GSR

Here

Most guides gave up doing a guide for Conquest Lunatic without buying skills. It's too hard to find a reliable strategy without relying on the RNG like crazy...

I had to cheese and buy skills after Chapter 20 my first run. I am trying to do a rerun on Conquest without skills buying and it is literally fuck life.

Thanks - that page pretty much suggests my next idea, which was "give up on splitting your army and just hope you're fast enough to do both sides." (lmao at their Xander though)

Are you running Conquest Hard or Conquest Lunatic?

Kunaibreaker wouldn't really help. The skills trigger simply based on the battle, not on the attack connecting. And then they've got some Weapon Masters or whatever they're called to finish you off in case the kunais don't.

Killing the boss is kind of an option, I guess, but Corrin's at level 19 and still not quite strong enough to seal the deal. Besides, I could use that 10000G in one of the chests.

Corrin's 1 level from max and can't do it, what?

anyway see the spots directly under the 3-range ninjas?

n25.png

you could sit there and draw them out, then go in and kill them from 2 range

or you could just use the LTC strat of "lol kill boss gg", Conquest Lunatic is totally doable without any skill buying shenanigans as long as you prepared well

Shun

Thanks - that page pretty much suggests my next idea, which was "give up on splitting your army and just hope you're fast enough to do both sides." (lmao at their Xander though)

Are you running Conquest Hard or Conquest Lunatic?

wrote difficulty comparison post earlier in the thread.

I have not played Conquest Hard. I have only done Lunatic for the 3 kingdoms so I cannot really help you on Hard since the tactic is different.

Playing female kamui and having Joker makes Conquest easier than having male kamui and Felicia early on in Lunatic.

GSR

Corrin's 1 level from max and can't do it, what?

anyway see the spots directly under the 3-range ninjas?

n25.png

you could sit there and draw them out, then go in and kill them from 2 range

or you could just use the LTC strat of "lol kill boss gg", Conquest Lunatic is totally doable without any skill buying shenanigans as long as you prepared well

It might be possible but the match-up is even enough (tipped towards Ryoma) that I'm getting Ike vs. Black Knight flashbacks.

I'll look at drawing out the 3-range ninjas like that, though I'd still need something of a blitz to take enough enemies out that whoever's left in the hallway doesn't get swarmed and cherry-tapped to death.

wrote difficulty comparison post earlier in the thread.

I have not played Conquest Hard. I have only done Lunatic for the 3 kingdoms so I cannot really help you on Hard since the tactic is different.

Playing female kamui and having Joker makes Conquest easier than having male kamui and Felicia early on in Lunatic.

Ouch. Good luck.

I'm inclined to believe you on that latter point just because my Felicia has not turned out well at all.

well it's probably far too late for you to find a good build (you can cheese it with Snake Venom as well), I do hear you can screw yourself in Conquest if you're not really prepared well

and yeah Jakob>Felicia earlygame

Shun

It was a struggle to get Felicia Odin S support and have my Kamui marry Ophelia for Kanna.

Having Joker early makes the first ~15? chapters easier because you can immediately reclass Joker to Great Knight and have him tank hits and support better.

Felicia has the benefit of debuffing but she doesn't really help when all you want to do is freaking survive the chapter.

Conquest can screw with your EXP gains on Lunatic. Especially when you hit Chapter 12 on Lunatic Conquest where you WILL NOT be strong enough or fast enough to kill Ryouma and you need to cheese your way with Warp to escape within 16 turns. Choosing a team early game and sticking with them is probably the most important thing since you do not want to have pre promotes take all experience by relying on them way too much compared to the rest of your regular units.

at least on my run anyway.

GSR

well it's probably far too late for you to find a good build (you can cheese it with Snake Venom as well), I do hear you can screw yourself in Conquest if you're not really prepared well

and yeah Jakob>Felicia earlygame

I think it'll be doable, just tricky. Like I said I'll probably need to concentrate on one side, blitz it, and then rush back to the other. Though even if I pass the 25-turn limit Corrin's still tough enough to last plenty long against the boss, even if he can't take him down.

Once I do get the rest of the army to Corrin though him + Nohr skill + support unit with Swordbreaker or Snake Venom or Four Fangs = lol

It's too bad that the importers that cleared Conquest Lunatic don't actually have a video playthrough of it up.

Charlotte and Felicia are great pairup fodder for Xander and Leo though, you'd be surprised at how high you can get their speed up

edit: oh right, best boon/bane choices are +strength/-magic for full physical builds, +strength/-luck for other physical leaning builds, +magic/-luck for magic builds (such as the Levin Sword Paladin or Dark Flier lol)

Memory of Ch. 25 Lunatic is rough but I remember sending Xander paired with Charlotte to the right side. Elise paired with someone else right behind him.

Was expecting Xander to eat three kunai to the face from all the ninjas and the weapon master to finish the job, but the weapon master set himself behind the ninja in the middle to one-and-a-half-shot Elise. Being Paired Up, that didn't happen and Elise was only hit by the ninja. Meanwhile the ninjas to the left and right just couldn't kill Xander as two of them just weren't enough and Elise was out of range for them.

Things snowballed from there in my favor. Killed the two enemies in the middle, dove into the right-most room and very slowly took care of everyone else using Zero who got all the way up to Lv. 19 somehow while paired up with Camilla.

-

Based off that and my Ch. 10 experience, the game likely prioritizes targets that can be killed in as few actions as possible, even if failing to kill ruins the possibility of killing other, more feasible targets that could've been a guaranteed kill if they spent more actions. It also ignores whether or not the target is Paired Up in determining how few actions are needed.

If Hisame is kept then why was Mozume changed?

Because this Mozume can't pronounce her own name and will mispronounce every other name like Tsubaki instead of Subaki and stuff. Or something. idk

Shun

Kouli is not a good or accurate streamer because he cheeses his runs with skill grinding with Sol and Luna and more. There are no JP guides for Lunatic without cheesing on Conquest.

Shun

I mean there are hints and tips on blogs and message boards but there really isn't a full on lunatic guide of what to do because there isn't a universal tactic for a vanilla run without being really strict with who you use.

Most guides want to be flexible and account for a strategy that works for most of the Party and who you want or should use rather than who you HAVE to use.

Most of the Lunatic guides for Conquest only go up until ~20 until they gave up or took a break on updating

There's only 27 first gen units in Conquest, how much variety can you really have?

although now I want to see someone do FE12 Lunatic (Reverse) without Palla and Catria lol

edit: Ignis is now Ignatius, and that's everyone! except the generics, fuck the generics

Xenoflare

Yeah, it's impossible translating songs and they did a really strong attempt with this.

The way she sings really differs from the Japanese version, the Japanese version sounded really flat (not in any way bad), the English version sounds much more dramatic.

Xenoflare

Wait for undub patch it is then!

lol ok +1

While I'm ultimately underwhelmed by the dub of fates, Azura's singing is not one of them

I like the overall more passionate voice found in the English version.

That chorus in the last verse of the Smash edition sold me.

Draxal

I think the dub's fine, I think some of the name changes are silly (especially class name), but they're nothing as bad as Sed.

K.Sabot

I dunno I hate the singing the most, the noun pronunciation in the Hoshido version of the dub is just plain awful. And when she sings "white" the overpronunciation makes it sound like it's a bit flat.

Paired with the rest of the awful lines I've heard so far, it's an easy decision.

Thankfully I have SFV to hold me over until the patch hits. Fuck a dub, fuck it forever.

lol ok +1

While I'm ultimately underwhelmed by the dub of fates, Azura's singing is not one of them

I like the overall more passionate voice found in the English version.

That chorus in the last verse of the Smash edition sold me.

wonder if they spent most of their budget and imagination on nailing the singing correct

Shun

I think Kingdom Hearts had good voices, but only because I hear the english voice from the Final Mix version.

It is interesting to see how they play different characters when you are so used to Miyu Irino and Mamoru Miyano for so many years.

That is one of the few reasons why I purchase twice other than some NA games get really really really cheap...

Lunar15

It sounds fine. There's only like, one part of the Nohr part that doesn't sound quite right, but other than that it's pretty damn good.

People get so fucking uppity about dubs. It's annoying.

GSR

And 25 is down. Thanks for the tip on luring out the 3-range ninjas. Besides that, kept the army together and just steamrolled the map (with Effie in particular chewing up anything in her way, thanks to a forged Javelin and a strength+defense rally.)

Few more chapters to go. I wonder if I can finish it off before the English release.

Also on the subject of Lunatic playthroughs, I saw a video of someone 2-turning Conquest endgame on Lunatic thanks to a ridiculous Mozu and some creative staff usage.

And 25 is down. Thanks for the tip on luring out the 3-range ninjas. Besides that, kept the army together and just steamrolled the map (with Effie in particular chewing up anything in her way, thanks to a forged Javelin and a strength+defense rally.)

Few more chapters to go. I wonder if I can finish it off before the English release.

Also on the subject of Lunatic playthroughs, I saw a video of someone 2-turning Conquest endgame on Lunatic thanks to a ridiculous Mozu and some creative staff usage.

you can 1 turn endgame ;)

pariah164

So I just now realized this thread was a thing. Hey.

I am not an 'OG' fan; Awakening was my first Fire Emblem game. I played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance years prior, and its perma-death system scared me away from strategy JRPGs for a good long while. After Awakening, I became more open to the genre, and more of them have filled my library.

Now, with Fates coming out soon, I'm eagerly waiting for a new adventure to grace my 3DS.

And for the game to ship to my house.

/thinks I know you can one-turn FE1/11, 6,7,8,.... I imagine some creative people have one-turned others as well.
Radiant Dawn (unlike the rest not really optimal given the required team though), Awakening (ez $$), Birthright (lol)

Yeah a lot of endgame maps can be 1 turned.

fastest endgame clears for each game:

FE1: 1
FE2: idk
FE3: idk
FE4: <=9 (then again this is multiple castles)
FE5: idk
FE6: 1
FE7: 1
FE8: 1
FE9: 2
FE10: 1, 2 in a regular efficient run
FE11: 1
FE12: 2, 1 on Maniac and below
FE13: 1
FE14: 1 (Birthright and Conquest), idk (Revelation)

FE5 took me three and that involved Asvel proccing a movement star for an extra blizzard.

Also how do you one turn FE7 endgame? Or are you separating the dragon from the rest of the map?

FE5 took me three and that involved Asvel proccing a movement star for an extra blizzard.

Also how do you one turn FE7 endgame? Or are you separating the dragon from the rest of the map?

dragon's separate, I actually didn't check myself and just copied L95's post :p

I wonder what the endgame strat for Revelation would look like though

omlet

Has anyone with GameStop or Best Buy preorders heard anything? I got card charge alerts this weekend for both the game and the n3DS but no communication from either store yet.

L95

Outside of chapter title, the dragon map functions as another chapter (you can go to the next support level, etc.)

Though I understand why peeps wouldn't count it as its own chapter.

So I just now realized this thread was a thing. Hey.

I am not an 'OG' fan; Awakening was my first Fire Emblem game. I played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance years prior, and its perma-death system scared me away from strategy JRPGs for a good long while. After Awakening, I became more open to the genre, and more of them have filled my library.

Now, with Fates coming out soon, I'm eagerly waiting for a new adventure to grace my 3DS.

And for the game to ship to my house.

Have you played any other games in the series after playing Awakening?

pariah164

Have you played any other games in the series after playing Awakening?
A friend gave me a copy of Sacred Stones not too long ago after I beat Awakening. Either it or my GBA is a bit buggy, because it glitches and crashes a bit, but for the most part, I've been enjoying it. It's quite a difference from Awakening.

Top Bottom