• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

Apparently that Nintendo dream comes with double sided posters of Awakening/Fates/Path of Radiance/Binding Blade/Mystery of the Emblem and Genealogy of the Holy War.

Probably buying two copies for all 6 of the posters.

Hmm, I'm really tempted to get that issue. I didn't even bother for the Cipher promos
no Sakura no buy
, but the posters plus the FE coverage look really nice.

Apparently that Nintendo dream comes with double sided posters of Awakening/Fates/Path of Radiance/Binding Blade/Mystery of the Emblem and Genealogy of the Holy War.

Probably buying two copies for all 6 of the posters.

ayup... mine arrived earlier with other stuff... too lazy to buy 2x

there's small bit of full jakob & oboro character art in the issue. cannot wait for the full FEif artbook to be announced somewhere in the future

Hmm, I'm really tempted to get that issue. I didn't even bother for the Cipher promos
no Sakura no buy
, but the posters plus the FE coverage look really nice.

yeah, i threw it in my order when i saw those posters

just gotta decide which side is more important to show lol

chrom will probably get shafted again lol

Map Pack 2 confirmed.

No Hoshidan/Nohrian Scramble maps though... I wonder why.

It's depressing that the first thing I thought after not seeing the scramble maps on there was "Do I have to start worrying about this not making it stateside as well?"

I'm running under the assumption that Nintendo is just separating the two from everything else so it can spread things out a bit and have more time to translate everything, but given recent events, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Draxal

I actually think I already have a copy of the IF poster from and old nintendo dream. It had a cipher playmat as the other side.

TBH, also got Cipher Guidebook Series 4 X 2 today; along with the Smash Brother and Kirby Amiibo Dioramas.

i guess starting september i can grab a copy of nindori easily w/o bother importing it myself thanks to local kinokuniya. hopefully they'll still give FE related stuff at that point >:D

I'll be real ... it's probably cheaper to import then get it at Kinokuniya.

i like using kino as my last resort if i didn't order it off amazon.jp in time before it sells out (so usually like a day after the cover and the bonuses get announced)

of course, my local kino doesn't really have that many gaming magazines outside of famitsu these days

Draxal

i like using kino as my last resort if i didn't order it off amazon.jp in time before it sells out (so usually like a day after the cover and the bonuses get announced)

of course, my local kino doesn't really have that many gaming magazines outside of famitsu these days

Mine has one Nintendo dream and two Dengeki Nintendos. The Dengeki Nintendos never sell except for one specific magazine.

I'll let Kuroneko explain what that magazine had.

I'll be real ... it's probably cheaper to import then get it at Kinokuniya.

grabbing it from kino is much easier since it's only like 20-30 minutes from my house in Malaysia, and for magazine the price difference usually isn't that much. so unless i'm planning to import a lot of stuff from amazon jp, i might just pop in there during weekend and straight away grab it
besides, some stuff are actually cheaper even without the member price discount (such as FE Cipher guide book)

Never thought I'll say this, but Conquest/Brithright had too much Content.

The game was long, big battles, so many DLC maps, that my Castle stuff. I beat the game twice and had no desire to even beat Birthright. Even after I took my sweet time beating the game.

I got to chapter 9 and stopped, it's hilarious after the split people thought that content was going to be a problem, well it was too much and if you got the SE, it was too similar.

Please go to one release, Conquest was great until the ending kinda left me "...that's it? I guess I have to play the other ones".

The game was long, big battles, so many DLC maps, that my Castle stuff. I beat the game twice and had no desire to even beat Birthright. Even after I took my sweet time beating the game.

I got to chapter 9 and stopped, it's hilarious after the split people thought that content was going to be a problem, well it was too much and if you got the SE, it was too similar.

Please go to one release, Conquest was great until the ending kinda left me "...that's it? I guess I have to play the other ones".

did you even beat it on Lunatic yet :p

PK Gaming

Who's this Chrom guy anyway?

FE: Awakening's tritagonist.

I've been playing Fates non stop for the past 3 (soon to be 4 months) and I have no desire to stop playing

THE FE TRAIN DON'T STOP

Renewed

No Kinokuniya as far as I can tell in Canada so yeah, completely lost on me for a moment. I'm sure there are still enthusiast stores that could stock it but I doubt it. In general, if I want something I have to import lol...

Draxal

hmmmm, do i have that somewhere too lol

i need to look at my issues then

I found it, they're pretty much exactly the same, but I like the cipher playmat version slightly better as it the titles underneath the posters instead of the top right.

I'll probably have the Awakening/Cipher (Fates)/Parth of Radiance/Genealogy displayed.

Well, you'll soon be able to play just the 6 children chapters rather than Revelation.
I've never played past Paralouge 2. The kids were unnecessary and I couldn't even get a S support with anyone other then Corrin.

I actually couldn't even name you the kids or who the dad unless it's Kana.

Wow, not a single other S support?
I know right. Not one, Corrin got all the ladies and it didn't help that In Conquest I mostly used the girls since most of the men were terrible in my two playthough.

I try support grinding for a thrid play through, but got bored. Since I stop playing i kinda forgot all the kids except Kana

I know right. Not one, Corrin got all the ladies and it didn't help that In Conquest I mostly used the girls since most of the men were terrible in my two playthough.

I try support grinding for a thrid play through, but got bored. Since I stop playing i kinda forgot all the kids except Kana

You didn't even use Leo/Xander? or did you just not bother pairing them

You didn't even use Leo/Xander? or did you just not bother pairing them
Didn't use Leo because he sucked (no offense to his fan base). Xander was paired with Kaze mostly. (They both also sucked, but together they sucked less).

I only used like 6 characters. Probably could've made the game easier for me if I try to use more people, but I got past the point of no return. Also I don't go for optimal strategy, I use their base classes, basically I play this game like a classic FE game.

Moonlight

Banned
Do you mean, uh, as units or as characters. You can have an argument about the latter but Leo, Kaze, and Xander especially are far and away some of the strongest units in Conquest.

Do you mean, uh, as units or as characters. You can have an argument about the latter but Leo, Kaze, and Xander especially are far and away some of the strongest units in Conquest.

also none of Leo, Kaze, and Xander would want to use a Heart Seal (other than maybe flipping back and forth between Mechanist and Master Ninja for Kaze, and dismounting in chapter 26 for Xander)

sWK7MeK.jpg

I can't stop laughing!

Draxal

Rena Strober embracing the fire emblem community on SF is probably my favorite thing about the entire Fates translation/debacle/release (whatever you want to call it). Such an unexpected surprise.

Rena Strober embracing the fire emblem community on SF is probably my favorite thing about the entire Fates translation/debacle/release (whatever you want to call it). Such an unexpected surprise.

Huh? Who? What? Sorry, I'm really confused. Who is Rena Strober? What translation debacle?

spiritfox

I'm sad we didn't get the English versions of the songs in the official soundtrack. It'll have been nice to get proper tracks of those.

Top Bottom