• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Shun

I've said it before.

Yusuke Kozaki is to Fire Emblem as Tony Taka is to Shining in recent years.

Narihiro's management of the franchise post 2012 has been similar to how Sega tried to reinvigorate and find growth their brand.

Shining copied Fire Emblem, tried to differentiate itself, then Narihiro has just been taking that similar model and using it to reinvigorate Fire Emblem.

That has been the comparison and sentiment made for a while by fans. Some of us still being bitter about the dark years of IntSys until it's more recent reinvigorated success.

L~A

Huh? VincentASM is the webmaster of Serenes Forest, a pretty well-known Fire Emblem website.Definitely trustworthy (though it doesn't matter in that case, logo came from Nintendo in the first place, ha ha).

dunno never heard of that guy, must be a random

Yeah, totally not my evil twin.

Yup, I quickly figured out where the image came from. I already saw it on Nintendo of Europe's tweet when it got announced, but at this stage English and Japanese are starting to look the same to me XD

Maybe I need to sleep more.

EDIT

Also, just gonna say this once, but I can't wait for proper screenshots/info and some real meltdowns.

Chrom

Smartphones support NFC communication, don't they? I wonder if they'll make the Fire Emblem amiibo compatible with this.

Golnei

Smartphones support NFC communication, don't they? I wonder if they'll make the Fire Emblem amiibo compatible with this.

NFC isn't open to third-party developers on iOS, is it? I'd imagine they wouldn't go ahead with that if it'd be restricted to Android.

I'm counting Fire Emblem as a new IP for Nintendo now after I told my friend to play the first released here and they said "I've played Awakening". I was caught by surprise he didn't know at all, unless I've been imagining things, Nintnedo has reference the older ones right?

Anyways
They end up not liking 7 because it was too stressful and hard, so l let him borrow 10.

Draxal

Yeah, totally not my evil twin.

Yup, I quickly figured out where the image came from. I already saw it on Nintendo of Europe's tweet when it got announced, but at this stage English and Japanese are starting to look the same to me XD

Maybe I need to sleep more.

EDIT

Also, just gonna say this once, but I can't wait for proper screenshots/info and some real meltdowns.

Animal xing threw me off at first as well, fwiw.

Chrom

I'm counting Fire Emblem as a new IP for Nintendo now after I told my friend to play the first released here and they said "I've played Awakening". I was caught by surprise he didn't know at all, unless I've been imagining things, Nintnedo has reference the older ones right?

That's actually a little weird considering that Awakening has all those legacy SpotPass and DLC characters.

Golnei

please, we know chrom will be the tutorial fusion fodder
38-SMT3-0530.jpg

39-SMT3-0531.jpg

That's actually a little weird considering that Awakening has all those legacy SpotPass and DLC characters.

Given the series' history outside Japan, it wouldn't be impossible for them to just assume none of the legacy characters had their games released internationally. To someone completely new to the series, they'd probably just meld together into an indistinct mass of old anime art. Even if they were just vaguely familiar with it through Smash Bros., the Roy/Marth thing would have just reinforced it, and Ike/Lyn getting an English voice could have conceivably been a Lucas situation. Literally, in the latter case.

Anyways
They end up not liking 7 because it was too stressful and hard, so l let him borrow 10.

FE7 was too hard so you gave him FE10? lolwut

Aters

Anyways

But Radiant Dawn is harder I think? The NA version has some tweaks to the JP version, so I 'm not sure.

CazTGG

Anyways

You gave them a far harder
and inferior
game. Yours is a cruel friendship.

L95

Prolly should've given him FE8 instead of Radiant Dawn.

And, honestly, I wouldn't recommend playing RD without PoR first.

I gave him 10 because easy mode plays itself, at least it's what I remember from the one time I played it.

It's not my fault if he chooses normal.

I regret nothing.

Draxal

発売1周年記念イベント「サイファキャラバン」や第5弾のカード紹介、その他最新情報をいろいろお届けします! ご期待ください!

5月22日(日) 20:00放送開始!!

■開催日時:  5月22日(日) 20:00~21:00
■開催会場:  ニコぶくろ サテライトスタジオ
東京都東池袋1-50-35池袋P’PARCO B1F
(池袋駅東口、北口より徒歩1分)

Watch all the Japanese speakers miss it again.

No Azura or Kaze's kid here either.

In Techno's dreams, the Scrambles are delayed because they're righting the absolute greatest of all wrongs by giving me an Elise CG instead of Oboro. I'll also take a special CG that requires Elise and Sakura paired up to be seen. Failing that, curtains over Oboro's face. >:[

In Techno's other dreams, it's because they're re-doing 3/4ths of the CGs so they meet the level of quality the other 1/4th meet. No curtains. Seriously, quality was all over the place.

But it's probably just the vast quantity of text to go through like Renewed said.

I think it's unlikely as the IF Ost has all the dlc songs.

Can always lame it out. The Einherjar and challenge DLC did.

In Techno's dreams, the Scrambles are delayed because they're righting the absolute greatest of all wrongs by giving me an Elise CG instead of Oboro. I'll also take a special CG that requires Elise and Sakura paired up to be seen. Failing that, curtains over Oboro's face. >:[

In Techno's other dreams, it's because they're re-doing 3/4ths of the CGs so they meet the level of quality the other 1/4th meet. No curtains. Seriously, quality was all over the place.

But it's probably just the vast quantity of text to go through like Renewed said.

Can always lame it out. The Einherjar and challenge DLC did.

pls why replace Oboro when you can replace Camilla

Javier

I imagine they want to put those into a Map Pack 3? Maybe there's a lot to translate. Or maybe they'll come out individually.
I believe the Scramble maps have a unique conversation for every Mother/Child combination, so yeah, that would be a lot to translate.

Draxal

Amazon Ost Edition came in. Clear file is well a clear file.

Am I only the one who wants to see Aveyn Knight and Technoweirdo have a debate about Sakura/Elise.

my shipment just arrived in germany... really hope they'll arrive this week, not next week... not to mention bloody bank holiday this monday D:

Renewed

I got home and literally just received my OST + clear file. Yeah I saw what it looked like and it's exactly like I thought lol

Don't worry Techno, I'll still like you even if your opinions are bad.

Also I guess I'm relieved I didn't buy the first map pack, so I can save my money for Map Pack 2.

Edit: What was the likelihood that I could have just downloaded someone's OST that already had the English names instead of putting them all in myself? Oh well it's done, zzz

Chrom

Just noticing this, but it appears that Casual Mode will no longer be renamed to Newcomer Mode for the European release of Fire Emblem Fates according to this press release.

Believe it or not, Nintendo of Europe actually did this with Fire Emblem Awakening. It's not hard to imagine why they abandoned that name change.

L95

It was in one of the 3DS home menu themes that came out a while back, but we only saw her face, not the full art.

Top Bottom