• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

Welp it looked like CD Japan is sending the IF ost to me right now. I'm apparently getting two copies, because I apparently ordered from Amazon JP for the clear file as well.

OH WELL.

Renewed

Welp it looked like CD Japan is sending the IF ost to me right now. I'm apparently getting two copies, because I apparently ordered from Amazon JP for the clear file as well.

OH WELL.

Your CD Japan copy shipped first? I haven't received an update yet for my amazon one. Looking at the invoice it looks like I was charged though.

Shun

I been busy but...

Should the #FE OT have the same rules or similar rules to the import/FE:if considering how frequent people complain about it? Without any prior background as to why?

Like really you should own the game and actually play it before acting as if someone killed your pet.

I want to ask FE community and Seda/falk about their thoughts. It seem like falk is okay with it? There was no problem in JP OT.

I hope those who have a wii u give it a chance. I have not follow news as much but people tell me that it has been popular at events in america nintendo presents at.

Anyway I want to share how great and fucking hot Yashiro is. You get to enjoy Macross #FE: Do You Remember Love.

fe_06_cs1w1_720x.jpg

CVSr0xGUEAA1xK0.jpg

Draxal

I'm not sure how much interest there will be in it now as all the new censoring news killed some of the interest in the states, imho and if anything there would be more complaints about than actual shitposting in the thread.

Btw, does anybody know what happened to Koya Katsuyoshi (did alot of work on the original Fire Emblem TCG); he apparently did two pieces of art for Shadow Dragon and fell off the face of the earth.

I was kinda hoping he would be doing some Cipher Work, as the lead artist for Set 6 (the Seisen Set) will be Rika Suzuki who has had alot of duds (Owain/Ryoma/Xander) although I did like her Camus.

edit.

Re-Yashiro, man Yoshimasa Hosoya does a shit ton of voice acting/singing doesn't he?

Chrom

Btw, does anybody know what happened to Koya Katsuyoshi (did alot of work on the original Fire Emblem TCG); he apparently did two pieces of art for Shadow Dragon and fell off the face of the earth.

I was kinda hoping he would be doing some Cipher Work, as the lead artist for Set 6 (the Seisen Set) will be Rika Suzuki who has had alot of duds (Owain/Ryoma/Xander) although I did like her Camus.

Katsuyoshi is still a freelance artist as far as I know. He contributed that art of Sigurd for the Making of Fire Emblem book and personally attended the 25th anniversary concert last year, so he still keeps in touch with the series in some way.

jzbluz

Anyway I want to share how great and fucking hot Yashiro is. You get to enjoy Macross #FE: Do You Remember Love.

I do enjoy hot guys in my games. I think I still have a copy preorder, but I decided against buying a Wii U so I'll probably cancel it or return it. It's a shame that it most likely won't get ported to the NX because I am interested in trying out the game.

Shun

Just gonna requote this because I am not allowed to really discuss the validity of certain things that I make in advanced.

I got a heads up from one of the members of pegasusknight. One of the upcoming games for the Nintendo mobile platform is a Fire Emblem Frontier where you will have a set number of maps in the game that will be added on as patches later on in the game. There will be event maps to commemorate and celebrate new units you can get as cards such as a Marth event, a Jugdral event, and event maps like a Halloween and Valentines event.

The game will have its own story that you can follow by defeating each map and gaining supports with you units.

There will be an avatar character that you can customize as well with premium tickets and gold. You can spend gold for weapons and in game items as well as promotions and revivals. Premium tickets, which you can buy with real money, can be used to premium rolls as well as customizing your avatar character costume.

How maps work is that you can attempt maps on certain difficulties using a certain amount of energy and the amount of experience you get as well as potential items and weapons will be tied to difficulty. Most maps will allow you to deploy 8 units. Capturing units is only possible on the highest difficulty and permanent death will still be around in this game in the form of premium revivals. Any unit you lose you will be unusable in your army and can only come back through a certain amount of gold or premium tickets. If you choose not to revive your unit, you can drop them as they are unusable until they are revived. The game requires internet or data connection for each turn.

Energy can also be spent for Supports and taking your units out on dates and quests.

There will be a unit tier system where you can spend in game gold to roll for generic units and a chance for hero units from past games. You need certain items to promote your units and reclassing is only available via premium ticket.

There is a certain amount of premium tickets that you can gain through achievements in the game and you can gain them through events. You can also spend money for premium tickets.

Marriage returns in this game, but children are absent at the moment until a possible later patch.

Marriages work similar to Kantai Collection where you need to complete certain quests in game in order to qualify to marry a certain unit. You can marry more than one character if you pay ¥800 for a premium ring.

These married units will have increased stats gains. There will also be special dialogue for your married units and you can have your married unit act as a navigator on the main screen to support you and give advice. You can spend energy to spend time with your partner for special CGs.

The game will be on iOS and Android and it seems to be ready to launch in late 2016 at the earliest. There also seems to be a web game in the works as well.

yami4ct

Would not be shocked if the FE game is a straight up digital Cipher version. Digital card games are a proven hit and they already have the card sets, assets and rules ready to go. They could even go the pokemon TCG route and include codes in physical packs if they wanted to keep encouraging physical sales.

nah... it definitely won't be digital cipher
i mean, there's already crest for the mobile game, and it's different from cipher
ChCDmZjWIAA9Naf.png

i'm leaning toward believing shun's info for this

Draxal

nah... it definitely won't be digital cipher
i mean, there's already crest for the mobile game, and it's different from cipher
ChCDmZjWIAA9Naf.png

i'm leaning toward believing shun's info for this

Yeah, some minor details might change in the future. But I believe in the majority of this.

Renewed

FE if OST just shipped, arriving Monday. We'll see if it shows up early. (Edit: Apparently showing up tomorrow... I'll be at an interview dammit)

I always find myself playing mobage on my computer instead of my terrible phone so I'd be down for this. I would believe Shun was joking in that old post but... :p

I'm surprised nobody here mentioned this tidbit.

I wonder how much of that 1.06 million outside Japan is from Europe

(edit: this also means Nintendo is counting the $20 DLC purchases of the other route as a full sale, cause we know Japan's sales are not that high, for that matter US retail sales aren't high enough to support 1.06m either)

Draxal

(edit: this also means Nintendo is counting the $20 DLC purchases of the other route as a full sale, cause we know Japan's sales are not that high)

Thanks for explaining that because nobody else was answering that question. Do we think special editions count as 3 copies for this?

When is revelation going to be released as dlc. This is due to not finding any special editions in the uk so was wondering if it will be out on release or released months later.

Golnei

I don't think we can completely dismiss the possibility of the mobile title being a #FE rhythm game. Maybe the concept and aesthetic will finally be able to succeed with a change of platform.

Chrom

Hyped for Fire Emblem mobile.

Avatar/My Unit seems like a given to see. I'd also like to see My Castle return. Build a base of operations that serves as your central hub like in Fates. I'd also expect to see new and original characters in addition to legacy ones like Marth.

Chrom

There isn't anything hinting at it, but I'm willing to bet Yusuke Kozaki's going to do character illustrations again.

Draxal

There isn't anything hinting at it, but I'm willing to bet Yusuke Kozaki's going to do character illustrations again.

I think he's going to be a part of the team that does it. We know he's still on board with some cipher work in the future: xander/oboro/lucina daddy/hans.

Top Bottom