• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

Y'all can complain about censorship all you want, but I also have the right to be depressed about the direction of the series.

I'm completely fine with it being censored in the states, likewise I'm all for it if they want to put it in Japan's releases if it means the games sell more there.

Aizo

Banned
SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK
all crit cut ins
/SPOILERS
How do I get Captain America? I honestly like a lot of these designs more than I thought I would.
I'm so upset right now.

Re: Above spoilers:

Literally everyone who won the popularity contests for Harvest Scramble and Hot-Spring Scramble from Awakening returns in some way except for Chrom.
Am I not seeing something?
Anna
is the only surprise I see.

Lunar15

I'm completely fine with it being censored in the states, likewise I'm all for it if they want to put it in Japan's releases if it means the games sell more there.

Here's what it comes down to: If the increase in pandering affects the writing in the main story like it did in Awakening, (at least in my opinion), then personally, I'm not for it. I can, and will, ignore it to a degree.

For me, it's about the focus of the series. Is it to write a decent story with good characters and have excellent tactics gameplay? Or is it to sell more copies with pandering? Everyone has this line, and it's not always about sexual pandering. Sometimes it's about how much appeals to the mainstream, sometimes it's about how easy they make something.

To me, it's personally not worth it to keep playing if the characters are pandered into oblivion.

And yes, I fully welcome the idea that my tantrums are all for naught and the game actually has excellent writing aside from the creepy stuff and all my worries evaporate as there are strong character moments with decent themes surrounding strong tactical gameplay.

GSR

I've got to say, the music we've heard so far is a pleasant step up from Awakening's OST, which had a few standout tracks but was largely forgettable.

Draxal

I've got to say, the music we've heard so far is a pleasant step up from Awakening's OST, which had a few standout tracks but was largely forgettable.

I was quite fond of Awakening's ost, only for the cut in music ... (which was the best addition that Awakening did).

The winners were Tharja, Cordelia, Gaius, Frederick for adults.
Owain, Inigo, Lucina, and Severa for kids.

Stop trolling Chrom!

By the by.

If you follow the uploader to the song I linked.

You can hear Marth's, Ike's, and Lucina's themes.

Think I'll post them in the other thread as well.

Xenoflare

Awakening's music just isn't that impressive, except Conquest for me.

Aqua's song is just.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Iwata Asks: FEif
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/interview/bfwj/vol1/index.html
photo1.jpg

well the game will probably sell more than Splatoon

well, maybe that will still happen

but fuck that, we're all squids now

edit:
Iwata: So you took home two copies of Awakening, but did you have time to play? You're so busy.

Kibayashi: The timing was right. I've been very busy, but we met at the end of the year, so my manga serials were all being put on combined issues for the year-end wrapdown...

Iwata: That must be the end of the year production schedule we hear about in the publications industry.

Kibayashi: Right. I'd done two weeks' worth of work, so I had two weeks off. I was going abroad to unwind so I started playing the game on the flight there.

Iwata: What did you think of Awakening?

Kibayashi: I thought, "This is pretty interesting." (laughs)

Iwata: Right. (laughs)

Kibayashi: But I did feel that some parts were a little bit unsatisfying. My daughter, who was in high school at the time, said, "I want to play, too." So I gave her one, and she played so quickly. She kept playing so I asked her, "It's really that much fun?" and she said, "You should take this job!"

Yokota: (reverently) I'm so grateful.

Kibayashi: She said, "But the story is kind of cliché, so I think you could make it even better." (laughs)

lmao

Lunar15

Yo damn, that shirt is throwing shade at me and my fellow resetters!

I misinterpreted. The shirt means that they WANT to reset when they lose someone. They're just like me! I'm redeemed!

Lunar15

So, if it takes the weird face touching mode to make the series sell, they should totally put My Castle and all that in a remake of PoR/RD for a handheld.

Although, this just conjures images of Ike smooshing someone's face and yelling "ENHANCE YOUR FIGHTING STRENGTH"

So, if it takes the weird face touching mode to make the series sell, they should totally put My Castle and all that in a remake of PoR/RD for a handheld.

Although, this just conjures images of Ike smooshing someone's face and yelling "ENHANCE YOUR FIGHTING STRENGTH"

well it really doesn't, Awakening is proof of that

holy shit did that feel weird to type

check your PMs too

Busaiku

This is really unbalanced for Nohr though.
You can't have multiple children in Hoshido.

Morgan and her siblings were always great.

And you have to marry your friend's kid, which is weird.

Xenoflare

This is really unbalanced for Nohr though.
You can't have multiple children in Hoshido.

Morgan and her siblings were always great.

And you have to marry your friend's kid, which is weird.

Imagine the implication if you married your sibling's children.

Wow this family tree is one hell of a screw up.

yami4ct

In my excitement for Fates, I finally started play the FE6 Fan Translation. It's so weird to play what's essentially a sequel to FE7, my first Fire Emblem. Old Hector and Eliwood and weird to see. It also makes me miss the old GBA sprite art style. I like how the 3DS games look mostly, but there's definitely a bit of charm to the GBA ones.

Chrom

In my excitement for Fates, I finally started play the FE6 Fan Translation. It's so weird to play what's essentially a sequel to FE7, my first Fire Emblem. Old Hector and Eliwood and weird to see. It also makes me miss the old GBA sprit art style. I like how the 3DS games look mostly, but there's definitely a bit of charm to the GBA ones.

Enjoy! I really like FE6.

And yeah, GBA Fire Emblem was a good era. The games play really well.

StayDead

Same sex marriage = cute female MC for me haha. Yuri is the only pure love.

I accidentally formatted my Wii U external HDD before so I've had to reinstall FE3-8 (I think 8 is the latest I have) and I'm playing through Book 2 of 3 again. It's been ages since I played an FE game and I forgot how annoying FE3 can be in terms of enemies suddenly completely destroying you and forcing me to either save state scum or restart the level. I got trapped on level 3 where you remeet Julian for a long damn time thanks to those Dragons.

Busaiku

Man, the marketing for Fates has been a mess/completely misleading.

They always said you had that choice to make,, but now they've finally confirmed that we will be getting both versions, so there is no choice.
Then (major, major story spoilers)
they say it's the choice between the family that raised you vs your blood

Man, the marketing for Fates has been a mess/completely misleading.

They always said you had that choice to make,, but now they've finally confirmed that we will be getting both versions, so there is no choice.
Then (major, major story spoilers)
they say it's the choice between the family that raised you vs your blood

I mean someone fucking ruined the story for me in the other thread so.

Top Bottom