• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Highwind

*Reads Camilla's "My Room" Lines*

rELqWxM.gif

Treehouse is gonna have a field day with this game.

Highwind

I'm pretty curious how the localization will censor this. I almost hope for parody <.<

They won't. Nintendo is not going to kill the game by upping the rating here in the states. I just see it getting cut.

It's just gonna be cut entirely, we all know this.
Temper expectations now before it's too late.

Yep, pretty much all of these.

Now the long localisation makes sense. Jeez...... :<

Which sucks because it's actually nice that they're not just implying things this time.

Besides where else are we gonna see an ED joke in games?

Rainy

Banned
So I haven't kept up with the game too much..
So are these skinship scenes something you can skip? Or do they automatically happen after you reach S-Rank, if that's how they are triggered that is.

Busaiku

So are these skinship scenes something you can skip? Or do they automatically happen after you reach S-Rank, if that's how they are triggered that is.
They're 100% optional.
You will never encounter them unless you specifically choose to do My Room.

NoA will likely cut My Room entirely.

Draxal

They're optional scenes that you can do at your castle in between chapters.

Xenoflare

I just heard Camilla's
skinship lines

There is NO FUCKING WAY that it's making it here without cuts.

Miyukichi stepping up her game.

It's pretty unbelievable that this is a FE game, the amount of fanservice is reminding me of Idea Factory and their Records of Agarest War.

OK maybe not THAT bad, but it's getting there.

Lunar15

You know what's fucking weird about all this, I let my freaking nephews play the older games and they love them. They're too young for this kind of stuff though. It's depressing.

If the story and the gameplay deliver, then I'm in. But the moment I hear they're not really noteworthy, I'm dropping this series entirely.

Xenoflare

I'm very confused about this game, it seems like the fusion of great quality and excessive fanservice, usually I don't see the two together in a game.

Lunar15

It's going to get cut, so I wouldn't worry about it.

It shouldn't even be there to get cut, if you ask me. These games were always for kids. Sure, there's some thicker themes in there, but why do they have to turn to sex appeal? I'm no prude, but it's just silly for a kid's game to get this treatment.

Draxal

It shouldn't even be there to get cut, if you ask me. These games were always for kids. Sure, there's some thicker themes in there, but why do they have to turn to sex appeal? I'm no prude, but it's just silly for a kid's game to get this treatment.

Japan's outJapaning itself.

lol, no

I don't think Fire Emblem was ever made for kids like Pokemon/Youkai Watch

If anything, teenagers sure, but definitely not kids

Xenoflare

Which may have an impact on censorship.

Not much of one.

Oh that reminds me, Nintendo is bringing Fatal Frame 5 over. Aside from skimpy costumes that may get cut, the game is still very um. "Japanese" in a very crucial plot point.

But I get it, FE shouldn't be this risque, but hey, I'm fine with it

Lunar15

Y'all can complain about censorship all you want, but I also have the right to be depressed about the direction of the series and silently judge your taste.

Just let the gameplay and story be good, that's all I want at this point.

Top Bottom