• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First details on new Halo 2 trailer......

shuri

Banned
Kiriku said:
This is just silly. They're warning us about spoilers in a fucking trailer!?!?! And why in the hell am I even reading this thread? A thread about details for a new trailer?

For the sake of the world and the insanity that resides within it, I pray to god Halo 2 will be released as soon as possible.

And now I'll leave this thread and never come back.

Oh quiet please. You were part of the outrun2 problem

Riding that space elevator in the background I bet will be amazing. Watching the landscape get smaller and smaller as you get higher and eventually break into clouds, then rise above the clouds, and then your in the blackness of space, and you can see it all through watching out windows. I bet it is breathtaking moment for a video game.

Danm, I can't wait anymore!

ced

Im curious about this, maybe someone or stinkles can answer.

The east african cities were seeing now look very burned, old and aged I guess. This is completely different from what we saw during the E303 demo, is this the same place and or time?

Im not complaining in any way, this looks like a war torn city now. However the demo we saw back in 03 was a futuristic city.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ced said:

The east african cities were seeing now look very burned, old and aged I guess. This is completely different from what we saw during the E303 demo, is this the same place and or time?

Im not complaining in any way, this looks like a war torn city now. However the demo we saw back in 03 was a futuristic city.

Are we sure that the city in this shot is the same city found in the E3 03 demo?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ced said:

i'm thinking there is more then one earth city level with a bit of variety in them. i expect the e3 2003 new mombasa to be in the game, and i dont think thats what we are seeing here which looks nothing like it in construction, or the concept art. hell, it doesnt even have remotely the same skybox

eso76

The old and burnt one is old mombasa, while the one from the e3 demo, i assume, is new mombasa.
The two are connected via the huge bridge xbn articles talks about.

op_ivy

Redbeard said:
I believe what you're seeing is Old Mombasa. The article in XBN references it.

yeah, thats the name. this looks like a somewhat more modern district then the shots that have the drones in them too (which looked like old run down apartments). lots of level variety + 1

dark10x

eso76 said:
The old and burnt one is old mombasa, while the one from the e3 demo, i assume, is new mombasa.
The two are connected via the huge bridge xbn articles talks about.

Wow, that sounds really damn cool!

eso76

Yeah, coolest thing about it is, this bridge is supposedly miles long, and while you're in the old part of the city you should be able to see the huge skyscrapers of new mombasa with a humongous covenant ship in the sky above, covering the whole city and casting its shadow (dynamic ??) on the buildings...

op_ivy

eso76 said:
Yeah, coolest thing about it is, this bridge is supposedly miles long, and while you're in the old part of the city you should be able to see the huge skyscrapers of new mombasa with a humongous covenant ship in the sky above, covering the whole city and casting its shadow (dynamic ??) on the buildings...

from the updates:
I've been trying to work extra fast so that tomorrow I can get all the details on the cinematic I'm hopefully going to be starting some time tomorrow afternoon. I'd like to get it started tomorrow so that I can plug away at it on the weekend a bit. It's the first cinematic being done for the game, and it has Master Chief approaching a bridge...and it's going to be so friggin' cool, it's not even funny.

Michael and the other environment artists have been tooling around with some very human geometry. A gorgeous bridge, worthy of a glossy spread in any architecture magazine, has been profoundly torn up by Covenant attack. The futuristic surface of the bridge is composed of bonded interlocking panels of a space-age material, and the damage is being carefully honed so that it reflects the rending blasts of Covenant energy weapons and the warping of the structural panels and concrete elements.

The bridge can be driven on too, so the gaping holes have to be both obstacles and gameplay elements, so some of the bent panels can be used as ramps. That means there is a profound danger that you could eat it and plummet into the sparkling waters below either through the gap itself, or as the result of a poorly aimed jump.

i guess che makes mention of this bridge in the XBN article saying that it is just stunning

ced

Theres another thread for the Halo / Half Life 2 bickering.

Whats the history on this space elevator? It goes up to a space station?

op_ivy

ced said:
Theres another thread for the Halo / Half Life 2 bickering.

Whats the history on this space elevator? It goes up to a space station?

yeah, i think the general consensus (speculation) is that it leads to the station in the announcement trailer, hence the line about "reinforcements are on the spoke"

op_ivy

Lakitu said:
Ditto, should I even watch the cinematic trailer or is it, essential that I don't?

Edit: The Oct 30th one that is.

sounds like it will spill the beans on at least 2 new vehicles and will have prophet dialogue... so yeah, it may spoil some pretty cool shit if you want to be relatively untouched when halo 2 is released

Lakitu

st5fu
op_ivy said:
sounds like it will spill the beans on at least 2 new vehicles and will have prophet dialogue... so yeah, it may spoil some pretty cool shit if you want to be relatively untouched when halo 2 is released

Yeah, you're right, I'll avoid it then since it's only released a number of days before the game.

On an added note: Isn't the music on this site http:///www.halo2.com.au awesome? That's from the Halo 2 soundtrack I presume?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Doom_Bringer said:
talking about the strider

How does a strider look like

a giant Star Wars AT-AT with a huge gaping mouth with massive ships coming out. He claims it was at least 3 or 4 times larger than an AT-AT.

?

Anyway is this info definitely legit? I can believe theres another trailer (im sure there is infact) but the info sounds a bit outside of what I'd be expecting.

dark10x

Doom_Bringer said:
talking about the strider

Wha? A strider? I had no idea that there was anything like that in Halo 2.

That AT-AT thing sounds nothing like the striders.

Sai

The "AT-AT thing" is probably a Shield Ship.

From the November 2002 EGM, Page 216, start of the 3rd paragraph:

"The Bungie guys call it a "shield ship." It's a troop transport the size of a city block, and it's descending on a patch of hilly turf opposite an alien bunker."

Lakitu

st5fu
dorio said:
That's from the X02 trailer.

Are you talking about the music? I'm talking about the music during the main part of the site, not the intro, because I don't remember that music being part of the X02 trailer.

op_ivy

Joe said:
op_ivy, what video is your avatar from? i must see it.

its from the x03 video. there were 3 short clips of single player, this was one (though the guy who made it cut off the first half unfortunately)

Joe

remember the egm that had all the new vehicles from a while ago? it even listed a transporter for the marines with benches in the back and a snow version of the warthog and the atv's. i know atv's have been cut but what about the other vehicles?

op_ivy

Sai said:
The "AT-AT thing" is probably a Shield Ship.

From the November 2002 EGM, Page 216, start of the 3rd paragraph: Quote:
"The Bungie guys call it a "shield ship." It's a troop transport the size of a city block, and it's descending on a patch of hilly turf opposite an alien bunker."

yeah, someone mentioned that at TXB, but anim8tor (sp?) shot down the theory...

dorio

Banned
Lakitu said:
Are you talking about the music? I'm talking about the music during the main part of the site, not the intro, because I don't remember that music being part of the X02 trailer.
Actually I was talking about the video, sorry for the confusion; my brain is overwhelmed with this halo info.

scarybore

dorio said:
That's from the X02 trailer.

Yeah I only finally downloaded this about a week ago, its some pretty cool stuff and theres some nice images/screens of things in the background that could be interesting.

The AT-AT things sound very odd, I dont see why the Covenant wouldn't just build a big floating ship for such a purpose as they have the tech for it. Just doesn't seem the kind of thing I would think they would use but if true it sounds pretty cool.

Lakitu said:
On an added note: Isn't the music on this site http:///www.halo2.com.au awesome? That's from the Halo 2 soundtrack I presume?

It sounds very much a piece of one of the songs from the Halo 1 soundtrack but looped over and over, could be a part of The Maw I can't quite place it yet.

op_ivy

Lakitu said:

i cant hear the music at my pc right now, but the halo soundtrack with the e3 2003 trailer and announcement trailer had 2 halo 2 tracks on the bonus dvd... so its probably from that (guessing)

remember the egm that had all the new vehicles from a while ago? it even listed a transporter for the marines with benches in the back and a snow version of the warthog and the atv's. i know atv's have been cut but what about the other vehicles?

the warthog variants havent really been mentioned in quite some time. recently, in the wired article (which is now online at wired.com), there was mention of texture work being done for snow treads and stuff, but i wouldnt say that means its in the game...

Sai

op_ivy said:
yeah, someone mentioned that at TXB, but anim8tor (sp?) shot down the theory...
Damn it. That was me. :(

He didn't exactly shoot it down though... He just mentioned the date...

That thing sounded really cool. I'm staying hopeful.

suikodan

Sometimes I wish there is system link coop play. Would be too much discovering this game along with a friend. :)

Top Bottom