• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First ever Shining Force scan...

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THEIR EYEBROWS.

I hate this sort of eyebrow art. I like how that chick has the YUNA stick dancing on the water pose. Very Meh.

Sega?

MEH

Shouta

what was your first clue, the big text down the right side that says "character design wa nishiyama yuriko sensei!!" ...? =) i thought you read japanese...?

who is she? that art fucking blowz imo.

Actually, I didn't read the text. I usually don't bother unless I have a magazine in front of me.

Nishiyama Yuriko is a manga artist. One of handful that I know of that do Shounen Sports Manga but is female o_O. She's done No Huddle (or No Hurdle, I haven't read it but I know it's American Football), Harlem Beat (Basketball, currently published by Tokyopop under two names, first 9 volumes as Harlem Beat and the volumes after that as Rebound), and Dragon Voice. Her artwork and character designs are really nice but very "Shoujo" for the type of manga she does often ("Shounen"), IMO

I love her art but the way the armored guy is drawn and the angle at which the female character is posed is really akward. Max's design is nice although he does look like Harlem Beat/No Huddle's Masahiro Sawamura.

This is a scan of Harlem Beat so you can see what her in manga art looks like.

http://infinite-zero.20megsfree.com/HarlemBeat.jpg

Edit: If anyone wants better examples of her artwork in manga, lemme know and I'll scan a few up ;p.

Jan

Well , no one said this but ...

Shining Force 3 was open ended . In fact it was the sequel or a kind of spin off from Holy Ark , and most of the characters of the game haven´t ended their journey after defeating Bulzome , so ..

Where the fuckin hell are Synbios , Medion , Julian , Galm , Elize and Gracia . Wasn´t Julian supposed to go to Sorrows , the town of the Vandals . What are the true plans of Galm and Elize .

Yep , and I lot happy of this new game and really look awesome , but not to continue the previous installements pisses me off .

Btw , the main character is called Max ? Like the hero of the first SF ...Hmm...

Jan said:
Well , no one said this but ...

Shining Force 3 was open ended . In fact it was the sequel or a kind of spin off from Holy Ark , and most of the characters of the game haven´t ended their journey after defeating Bulzome , so ..

Where the fuckin hell are Synbios , Medion , Julian , Galm , Elize and Gracia . Wasn´t Julian supposed to go to Sorrows , the town of the Vandals . What are the true plans of Galm and Elize .

Yep , and I lot happy of this new game and really look awesome , but not to continue the previous installements pisses me off .

Btw , the main character is called Max ? Like the hero of the first SF ...Hmm...

this all was explained in Shining Force 3 part 2 and 3. They were the only Shining games to have never been released in America. Most the other Shining games were released by Sega or another company. Sega needs to port all of Shining force 3 to america for ANY system.

Seth C

I would kill to play the other two chapters of Shining Force 3, in English. Absolutely kill.

SF is one of my favorite game series of all-time. I'm sure I will love this one as well, but it doesn't exactly look like a Shining Force game. Even the battles don't look like they are from the typical viewpoint. I'll wait for larger pictures to judge that though I suppose.

Jan

Well , I mean that Shining Force 3 scenario 3 has and open ending , cause i finished it , not difficult since the gameplay is just battles and very little exploration .

Shining Force 3 scenario 3 ended setting you for a sequel .

In fact I remember some early alpha shot of Shining Force 4 for DC where you can see Gracia .

I guess that will never continue the story unless in a future Camelot get back the franchise .

Top Bottom