• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Spider-Man: Homecoming reactions

Before I search, is there a definitive MCU timeline to watch the films in the correct order or are there debates with multiple fan created timelines?

I ask because there are a few I haven't seen (Thor 2 [I know, don't shoot me], Winter Soldier, IM3) and I might as well start from the beginning.

Do any of the Hulk films fit in anywhere despite the multiple recasts and not officially being a part of the MCU (afaik)?
Are you stalking my BRAIN? I actually tried to just make a Juno joke but couldn't come up with a good pun.
J. Juno Jameson would be displeased...

Before I search, is there a definitive MCU timeline to watch the films in the correct order or are there debates with multiple fan created timelines?

I ask because there are a few I haven't seen (Thor 2 [I know, don't shoot me], Winter Soldier, IM3) and I might as well start from the beginning.

Do any of the Hulk films fit in anywhere despite the multiple recasts and not officially being a part of the MCU (afaik)?

Just watch them in release order. By and large, they all take place in release order. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is the only exception (It takes place 6 months after Guardians 1), but those movies are so self-contained so far that it doesn't matter when they take place.

LionPride

Banned

J. Juno Jameson would be displeased...

What makes you think Incredible Hulk isn't in the MCU?

Anyways the only timeline is just watching them. The only movie that doesn't happen in the year it came out is Guardians 2

Blobbers

I shit you not, the new official IMAX poster:

CxHqw0Ll.jpg

I kinda like this

Arttemis

The melodrama in Raimi's Spider-Man movies is unbearable, especially SM2. Just like Singer's X-Men movies, there's nothing enjoyable about watching most of the characters conversing with one another. ASM was leagues better than any of Raimi's because it immediately bypassed any teen angst scenes of unrequited feelings and resolved to what everyone knew was coming. ASM2 was almost as bad as SM3, though.

Here's to hoping Homecoming can beat them all, though that's not much of a challenge.

jph139

Cap 1 came out during World War 2?

What is this? How old am I? How long was I asleep?

Technically, the whole movie is an extended flashback! It starts off with them contemporaneously finding him in the ice.

ASM1 > SM2? Oh lawd, no.

ASM1 Peter was completely the teen angst that you are complaining about lol.

The "Peter Parker skateboards around sadly" montage was the moment I lost any faith that ASM could get good.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Who was doing the wisecracking?
Spider-Man. The poster said that Spider-Man was not funny in that movie, to which I kinda agree, but its still managing to sell Spider-Man as a guy who makes quips.

And I think he makes this quips at a far more enjoyable pace then at any other movie until now and pretty sure after Homecoming.

Azzanadra

Pretty sure I have seen that poster or someone with a very similar name call BvS a "thinking man's movie"

Maybe? Can't remember, but I have been pretty vocal of my fondness for BvS here, it was indeed a lit movie.

And better than anything the MCU has done since Winter Soldier. Heck so has Wonder Woman been better than anything the MCU since Winter Soldier. Here's hoping Spidey and Thor can change my mind. Thor at least looks like its trying to do something different.

I'm sorry but Doc Ock's arms annihilating the doctors and nurses and that one woman dragging her nails is the most terrifying thing I've seen in a superhorror, I mean slasherhero film. Fuck!

It's a cool scene, but my friends and i laughed our asses off to it at the time, because we saw it for what it was, a campy (awesome) Evil Dead homage. I'm a chicken when it comes to horror movies, but a woman making nailmarks on a metal floor doesn't read as terryfing to me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It's a cool scene, but my friends and i laughed our asses off to it at the time, because we saw it for what it was, a campy (awesome) Evil Dead homage. I'm a chicken when it comes to horror movies, but a woman making nailmarks on a metal floor doesn't read as terryfing to me.

it's a beautiful Evil Dead homage, but i think most people see that and only feel the horror aspect of it.

the nails, the quick zoom to the handsaw, the first person tentacle camera, etc.

damn, that scene was so good

Spider-Man. The poster said that Spider-Man was not funny in that movie, to which I kinda agree, but its still managing to sell Spider-Man as a guy who makes quips.

And I think he makes this quips at a far more enjoyable pace then at any other movie until now and pretty sure after Homecoming.

Which were Spidey's quips?

I recall Gobby as a somewhat funny guy, but Spider-Man? nope, almost mute when on mask.

DeviantBoi

How can you do the Green Goblin in movies?

They went with the metal suit and mask and it didn't look that great. They went with a disease to explain the green and it looked even worse.

Just do it like in the comics with a rubber goblin mask?

They went with the metal suit and mask and it didn't look that great. They went with a disease to explain the green and it looked even worse.

Yup.
Code:
[img]https://socialpsychol.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/green-goblin_prosthetic-mask_spider-man.jpg[/img]

Sou Da

Spectacular did it well. Essentially costumes were the status quo (because Norman had been secretly churning out supervillains to distract Spidey from the real crimes.)

The Raimi movies? Uhhh…

Buckle

Ahhh. Willem Dafoe, easily the best part of the first Raimi flick. Hamming it up like theres no tomorrow.

With a better costume, he would have been the perfect Green Goblin.

Top Bottom