• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Spider-Man: Homecoming reactions

Shoeless

Man, you guys are making me want to watch Spider-Man 2. I already saw 3 again a few nights ago because I needed to get my "Dark Peter Parker" fixation out of my system, and that part was funnier than I remember. But maybe it's time to go with the best Spider-Man film.

Shaanyboi

Banned
tumblr_n76872lhlG1qbtxo7o1_1402769919_cover.jpg

Toa TAK

Banned
I can only pray Homecoming is half as quotable as the Raimi Spider-Mans.

Prepare for disappointment.

Even if most of these quotes aren't actually great (or good), their delivery is remembered (good or hammy), which is more than what I can say for the Amazing films.

I can only pray Homecoming is half as quotable as the Raimi Spider-Mans.

Eh. A lot of those quotes were eh, and the movies themselves are old, and we've all seen em a ton of times. Of course we remember a lot of quotes from em.

I can pull more from Iron Man and the first Avengers alone.

Anung

Un Rama
Eh. A lot of those quotes were eh, and the movies themselves are old, and we've all seen em a ton of times. Of course we remember a lot of quotes from em.

I can pull more from Iron Man and the first Avengers alone.

That's my secret Gobby, I'm always having a hell of time!

Lulubop

J. Jonah Jameson: What are we gonna call this guy?

Hoffman: 'Doctor Octopus'?

J. Jonah Jameson: That's crap.

Hoffman: 'Science Squid'?

J. Jonah Jameson: Crap.

Hoffman: 'Doctor Strange'.

J. Jonah Jameson: That's pretty good.

[Hoffman looks proud]

J. Jonah Jameson: But it's taken! Wait, wait! I got it! 'Doctor Octopus'.

FEIGE THE GOAT

Mariolee

Most of the quotes ain't good

It's about the hammy delivery though that makes it. With each quote in the last few pages I can remember the exact scene and the personality that came with the character that said it. The closest the MCU has come for me in quotability is maybe The Avengers.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Those spiderman movies are only good because there was nothing else out at the time. Still has the horrible let's cast a 40 year old as a college student Hollywood obsession.

He's just a kid. No older than my son.
Lmao.

FINISH ITTTT

Those spiderman movies are only good because there was nothing else out at the time. Still has the horrible let's cast a 40 year old as a college student Hollywood obsession.l

It doesn’t make the movie bad, but it is fucking hilarious watching Tobey Maguire try to pass for a high schooler

BTW, don't get the HATE for the Amazing movies. Especially 1. Like, yeah, 2 has a LOT of problems (suffers from the X3 bug of too many characters/plots)., even with the GREAT ending. But the first movie? Solid. Very solid. While by no means perfect, in many aspects, Amazing franchise gets more right about Spidey than Rami does. In particular, about having Spidey being a smartass.

BTW, don't get the HATE for the Amazing movies. Especially 1. Like, yeah, 2 has a LOT of problems (suffers from the X3 bug of too many characters/plots)., even with the GREAT ending. But the first movie? Solid. Very solid. While by no means perfect, in many aspects, Amazing franchise gets more right about Spidey than Rami does. In particular, about having Spidey being a smartass.

I think people turned on the first because of how much they hate the second.

I agree the first ASM is a very solid film with some great moments.

The first one is great IMO. The second has good stuff in it but plagued with an overloaded script. I still don't actively dislike it. I found the climax to be great and that scene to be very very well done. The Goblin fight was super well done and edited.

Also a pretty fantastic closing scene.

Da-Kid

You know what bothers me? Sony actually did have a great idea making a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe. They did. There's so many different characters and story arcs that could have allowed them to do it.Cindy Moon aka Silk, the Prowler, etc.

Unfortunately, Sony is too incompetent to do it. Their plans made no sense. A Sinister Six movie with no Spider-Man, a Venom movie with no Spider-Man (Apparently still happening). Them making a deal with Marvel was basically them admitting "We have no clue what to do with this character, and everyone knows it." And even now... Sony is too prideful to just sit the fuck down and let Marvel make you billions. They have a good deal, but here they are STILL trying to make a Venom movie, the wrong way. FOR WHAT?

I don't get it.

SpaceWolf

Banned
A Cindy Moon movie would be spectacularly dull.

At least a movie centering around a super-villain team had something of a unique spin to it, at least before Suicide Squad came along.

Top Bottom