• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 |OT| Kenny Got Fingered

p37G6AU.jpg

PlayStation 3/Xbox 360
JP December 20, 2012
NA February 5, 2013
EU February 1, 2013

Wii U with Off-TV support
JP January 31, 2013
NA February 7, 2013
EU February 7, 2013

The legend of the Post-Apocalyptic Savior is about to begin.

Launch trailer

Screenshots

Character list

Manual in .pdf format

If you'd like to join the fun, reply with your console of choice and username.

Wii U
Dr.Butcher
nazaire
emisha
J-Dook
Kevtones
massoluk
sfried
Projectjustice
Godai5
ShadowgeistZ
Flamesofchaos
DrWong
JodeciDeionThWon

PS3
Frostu
fireflys545
TiuNeo

TheApatheticOne

Something you'd like added or changed? Tell me!

Subtitle credit goes to Count Dookkake.

any difference between that and the old movie?

I just want to make sure I remember most of the main characters since it has been many years

the wait is going to suck for midnight eShop update

I haven't seen the animated film in about 20 years but according to Wikipedia,

Produced by the same staff and cast who worked on the TV series, the movie adapts the storyline of the manga from the beginning and up to Kenshiro's first fight with Raoh, taking several liberties with the order of events and how the story unfolds.

Which is the first 20 some odd episodes of the show. There are about 150 total, though. :)

ironcreed

Banned
Nice to see an OT. I am going to Gamefly the 360 version for now and buy it down the road when it is a bit cheaper. Game is going to be fun as hell.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Looks like Jojo meets Dynasty Warriors or something. Didn't the first game not do very well?

Giard

What's the gameplay like? Seems a little like Dynasty Warriors.
Is the framerate inconsistent like in the trailer?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you're getting PS3, I'd wait. I remember One Piece Musou being a PS+ sale for like 30 bucks only a month or so after it released

Ill Saint

Loved the first game.
Tried the JP demo of this one a while ago, and found the lack of jump and new dodge mechanic with Kenshiro kinda awkward compared to the earliergame. Put me off a bit. Might grab it eventually.

JoeFu

Banned
I own the first game and only played a few hours of it... Is the tank scene in this game or the previous? Maybe I should really play that game some more some day.

Also which platform has the best version? I'll probably end up getting the Wii U one if it doesn't suck.

Playing the X360 version right now.
Looking for anyone willing to co-op/team-match.

Don't have Gold but willing to up my subscription for awhile if there are enough players.

DTJAAAAM

The frame rate was very choppy when I tried a Dream Mode stage with lots of enemies, but nice and fairly smooth during Legend Mode. Still, loving it more than the original, which I consider one of my biggest disappointments in gaming.

Did this actually come out? Amazon.ca doesn't have a listing for it, and ebgames.ca only has it under 360, and no stores have any in stock.

ok after that corny ending of the movie had to go to hulu and load the first ep of the anime

U WA SHOCK!
KuGsj.gif

this game is going to rock

Did this actually come out? Amazon.ca doesn't have a listing for it, and ebgames.ca only has it under 360, and no stores have any in stock.

Only 360 has retail version the others are download only in NA

DTJAAAAM

Would you be able to elaborate on this? Curious to hear what makes this so much better, as I felt the original didn't do much wrong.

Sure, here comes a bit of a crazy rant...

Might have overhyped the original in my head since I'm a big Dynasty Warriors and Fist of the North Star fan, but totally felt that out of all the Musou games I've played, it was the worst. Too sluggish, the horrible frame rate, lack of characters, and limited but unnecessary puzzle and platforming bits are the things that still linger in my mind about what I hated about it. I've come to expect very fast, smoothly animated kill-focused action from playing so many Dynasty Warriors games and spinoffs, so to me this totally wasn't what I was seeking. I even gave the game several tries, importing it on Day One for my Japanese 360, trying out the domestic PS3 demo, and giving the import one more go when I got a 120Hz TV later on, but I still couldn't stand it.

Honestly haven't dug into it the sequel much as I would've like, but from what I've seen so far most of my complaints have been fairly resolved. The cast size exploded and included a lot of the characters I liked that were missing, like the Colonel and Devil Rebirth. Combat feels faster and Ken isn't as sluggish, plus his moves have a larger area of effect. Having evade replace the jump button most likely means no platforming, too. Frame rate still isn't the steady 60 FPS I like, as most of the recent Koei games unfortunately have failed to keep that standard, but it has improved enough to make it bearable to me in 120Hz.

Kevtones

I wasn't crazy on the original but Musou games cast their spell on me about two years ago.

It's best just to give in so please... add me

NNID: Kevtones

ah the anime follows the manga better than that crazy movie lol

Why does this game need an adult Rin? :(

Raah I'm so angry ahhh 2.

but this should work for a Musou

my NNID is nazaire

I will have to clean up my friend's list to make room but some of you are already on it

Ill Saint

Sure, here comes a bit of a crazy rant...

Might have overhyped the original in my head since I'm a big Dynasty Warriors and Fist of the North Star fan, but totally felt that out of all the Musou games I've played, it was the worst. Too sluggish, the horrible frame rate, lack of characters, and limited but unnecessary puzzle and platforming bits are the things that still linger in my mind about what I hated about it. I've come to expect very fast, smoothly animated kill-focused action from playing so many Dynasty Warriors games and spinoffs, so to me this totally wasn't what I was seeking. I even gave the game several tries, importing it on Day One for my Japanese 360, trying out the domestic PS3 demo, and giving the import one more go when I got a 120Hz TV later on, but I still couldn't stand it.

Honestly haven't dug into it the sequel much as I would've like, but from what I've seen so far most of my complaints have been fairly resolved. The cast size exploded and included a lot of the characters I liked that were missing, like the Colonel and Devil Rebirth. Combat feels faster and Ken isn't as sluggish, plus his moves have a larger area of effect. Having evade replace the jump button most likely means no platforming, too. Frame rate still isn't the steady 60 FPS I like, as most of the recent Koei games unfortunately have failed to keep that standard, but it has improved enough to make it bearable to me in 120Hz.
Thanks for that!

Pimpbaa

Games seems to be v-synced and not triple buffered, which means some wildly varying framerates (same thing as Warriors Orochi 3). Why are they able to get a stable framerate on Dynasty Warriors Next on the Vita but not their PS3 games (and I assume 360)? Anyway, game is great. Combat is probably my favorite out of any musou styled game.

Xander51

I thought the first game was fun, though like others have said a little weird and sluggish compared to other Warriors games. I will watch the rest of this thread with great interest, enjoying the impressions so far. Might pick this up on Wii U down the road!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So much stuff coming out in a small amount of time. Might have to wait on this one JUST a bit... but will most likely get on 360, and draw crazy fanart on the Wii U ;) (Offscreen play is tempting, but I wanna try to 1000 gamerscore this one, just like I did the first...)

Why does this game need an adult Rin? :(

Because there's adult Rin in "Fist of the North Star 2", as the anime puts it. I have to say I like her part in it all. The 2nd saga really does a great job mirroring the events of the first part, but in a somehow more personal and deep way for Ken. Having just finished watching the whole series recently, I'm actually glad we got to see those tales. (And the end of the final episode was worth it all, personally, ha.)

I heard they took out the technique call outs, from the first game is it true? :(

Yup. Glad I'll forever have the first game, lol. Really going to miss them, especially with the variety of Signature moves characters used to have...

The first one still remains one of my personal top Musou Games, easily outdoing Gundam Musou 1, and probably my favorite "retool of the core mechanics" style game since Samurai Warriors 1 and 2. More interested in this becuase I love FOTNS and the first game, rather than really being excited for any of the mechanics and "speed" changes for this one....

Top Bottom