• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fist of the North Star |OT| of heads exploding and instant beard growing!

Look I suck at designing one of those awesome ass OT opening posts. So if someone wants to do that, I'll gladly paste it in and give all credit. I just figured this game needs a thread since it comes out next week.

Then again it's about this man (well and some others)...what more do you need?
Already-Dead-e1263400503343.jpg

hokutou-musou-20091013110032822_640w.jpg

Unless they fixed the loading time...don't get the 360 version.

EDIT: Oh I can't believe I typed Start.:lol Well I think I should at least win the most ghetto and simultaneously worst OT of all time award.

with my avatar you'd think I was super-hyped about this

but game doesn't look that good. We will see

for the record, Hokuto 2 's got the best opening ever

how much is this at retail? lots of ppl said they won't pay full price for this after the demo, I probably wouldn't myself but it's hnk so i'll just buy it anyway.

CadetMahoney said:
how much is this at retail? lots of ppl said they won't pay full price for this after the demo, I probably wouldn't myself but it's hnk so i'll just buy it anyway.
57.99 at Amazon. I'll most likely rent it, but I had a ton of fun with demo. It was sloppy, but damn it was really fun to play.

Wish the 360 version didn't have loading issues. Wanted to custom soundtrack this bad boy, as the original soundtrack is pretty horrible...

C-Jo

I love HnK, but I hate Musou. That demo didn't do anything to win me over either. I think I'll be waiting for a price drop or 3, unfortunately.

C-Jo said:
I love HnK, but I hate Musou. That demo didn't do anything to win me over either. I think I'll be waiting for a price drop or 3, unfortunately.

It's sad that they ended up doing the demo they way they did. The Kenshiro part of the game is much more methodical/slower paced than a traditional Musou entry. But yeah, I'd probably advise a few on the fence to wait for the inevitable price drop. I mean, sixty bones is a little steep, so grabbing the game at $20-$30 seems like a wise decision.

Still getting it day one because I'm a sucker.

gunstarhero said:
Yeeeeeeeeeah!

Does the PS3 version have loading issues? Might go with that over the 360 if there's a difference.

From the demo thread...

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:

C-Jo

FrostuTheNinja said:
It's sad that they ended up doing the demo they way they did. The Kenshiro part of the game is much more methodical/slower paced than a traditional Musou entry.
I still don't understand why they decided to throw you into a boss fight without much (any) explanation/tutorial. I've been following the game, so I have a pretty good understanding of what it plays like, but I would imagine that it would be pretty incomprehensible to the uninitiated.

Enk said:
I already have a beard. Will this make a beard grow on my beard?

It will make your beard grow beards.

C-Jo said:
I still don't understand why they decided to throw you into a boss fight without much (any) explanation/tutorial. I've been following the game, so I have a pretty good understanding of what it plays like, but I would imagine that it would be pretty incomprehensible to the uninitiated.

Yeah, really strange decision. It's almost like they expected people to say, "Oh a Warriors game, press X to win?" :download:

It's actually kind of sad now that you brought it up.

Greatest OT ever.

I'm waiting for the final release before I write off the 360 version. I didn't notice bad load times with the demo, but that video was god awful.

I was going to get DCUO, then I was going to get GT5, ans now I'm just grabbing this. I'm looking forward to this game even if it's not great.

iconoclast said:
Greatest OT ever.
Thank you! :D

C-Jo said:

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out what the hell to do. I was hoping for more of Ken just killing a metric ton of people at first.

That said it was so damn fun once I got the hang of it. I really can't underestimate, despite it being easy, clippy and odd controls, and repetitive use of assets...just how freaking enjoyable it was. I mean it has a meter for when your fighting big fat people!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It was suprising that they put the main guy into a boss battle, but it's easy to understand why; It's a special, unique difference of this game, compared to the other "Musou" games, so they wanted it to stand out.

But I agree, with all the text Rei's portion had, you would have expected a few text windows with Ken's battle.

At any rate, really looking forward to this, too. Comes out 1 day before my birthday, so I guess it'll be a gift to myself!

Reknoc

The worst part about the demo was there was a tutorial of sorts... for the guy who wasn't Kenshiro and wasn't the first character selected.

Dunno if I'll get day one but it'll definitly be close to then.

Dash Kappei said:

Cool. I've never heard that one, just the regular one and the French. I remember when I was at Affliciton Presser, I had Josh Barnett sign my FoTNS boxset after I interviewed him. I was then talking with the press guys and dudes from Italy were like oh sweet FOTNS! They all loved the show and were talking about watching it is kids in Italy.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Cool. I've never heard that one, just the regular one and the French. I remember when I was at Affliciton Presser, I had Josh Barnett sign my FoTNS boxset after I interviewed him. I was then talking with the press guys and dudes from Italy were like oh sweet FOTNS! They all loved the show and were talking about watching it is kids in Italy.

For Proof
IM002547.JPG

Awesome sign, congrats!

Well, if you are into that you should listen to all the italian-made sountracks of '70s/'80 and mid '90s anime shows (before the whore Cristina D'Avena entered with her vomit-inducing rendition and censored shows).
The reason why the italian dudes where so excited about Kenshiro, is because the show was a big part of our youthness for every kid growing up in the '80s and '90s mainly.
Kenshiro was HUGE in Italy. Probably one of the top ones (I'm talking a whole cultural phenomenon back then) together with Go Nagai's stuff back in 70s and 80s and with Monkey Punch's Lupin the 3rd.

My favs italian soundtracks are:
Daitarn 3 (maybe my fave ever with Ken)
the mentioned Ken Il Guerriero (FOTNS)
The incredible "accordion french" Lupin the 3d version (it's like an Edith Piaf version :D)
Jeeg Robot d'Acciaio first version (Kotetsu Jeeg) (same music but much better all around imo)
Devilman by Cavalieri del Re
and of course L'Uomo Tigre (Tiger Mask s1) so friggin' seventies, damn I'm old :lol

...also of course Dash Kappei/Gigi La trottola :lol

Dash Kappei said:
Awesome sign, congrats!

Well, if you are into that you should listen to all the italian-made sountracks of '70s/'80 and mid '90s anime shows (before the whore Cristina D'Avena entered with her vomit-inducing rendition and censored shows).
The reason why the italian dudes where so excited about Kenshiro, is because the show was a big part of our youthness for every kid growing up in the '80s and '90s mainly.
Kenshiro was HUGE in Italy. Probably one of the top ones (I'm talking a whole cultural phenomenon back then) together with Go Nagai's stuff back in 70s and 80s and with Monkey Punch's Lupin the 3rd.

My favs italian soundtracks are:
Daitarn 3 (maybe my fave ever with Ken)
the mentioned Ken Il Guerriero (FOTNS)
The incredible "accordion french" Lupin the 3d version (it's like an Edith Piaf version :D)
Jeeg Robot d'Acciaio first version (Kotetsu Jeeg) (same music but much better all around imo)
Devilman by Cavalieri del Re
and of course L'Uomo Tigre (Tiger Mask s1) so friggin' seventies, damn I'm old :lol

...also of course Dash Kappei/Gigi La trottola :lol

Thanks! I'll have to check those out. I love Italian horror music from the period, so no reason I shouldn't love this.

matmanx1

Woot, Woot! Kenshiro's manliness is on par with Kazuma Kiryu so of course I am all over this game. I actually really enjoyed the demo and thought it felt better than some of the other recent "Warrior" type games I have played. Thanks for the OT!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I love Italian horror music from the period, so no reason I shouldn't love this.

Goblin ftmfw :D

Anyway, preordered the PS3 version, don't wanna take chances with loading times although shouldn't it be fine as long as we play from the HD (X360)?

Why For?

Banned
Tried to enjoy the demo. Even on a 'it's bad in a good way' level, but alas, no good.

It screams potential, but yeah, just didn't sit well with me.

Dash Kappei said:
Goblin ftmfw :D

Anyway, preordered the PS3 version, don't wanna take chances with loading times although shouldn't it be fine as long as we play from the HD (X360)?

Nah, Fabio Frizzi! :D

Yeah, it should be fine if played from the HD. I recall it wasn't spectacular, just the 360 version was awful!

Why For? said:
Tried to enjoy the demo. Even on a 'it's bad in a good way' level, but alas, no good.

It screams potential, but yeah, just didn't sit well with me.

The screaming, exploding, and seizure inducing flashes worked for me! :D

I don't hate metal version of the theme, but the rest of the score is a bit bland, but somehow works with the screaming, flashing, and exploding. Sad that the original version of the theme isn't in it, or so I've heard.

I don't hate metal version of the theme, but the rest of the score is a bit bland, but somehow works with the screaming, flashing, and exploding. Sad that the original version of the theme isn't in it, or so I've heard.

It's not. You only hear the metal version when you fight certain bosses.

As for the rest of the soundtrack, it was appropriate only for the first 3-4 stages, then they recycle the tunes. What makes it hurt even more is that most of the tracks are only forty to fifty seconds long and just repeat endlessly. It's not that they are bad, it's just that you hear them way too much and too often.

Can't wait to play while listening to Hellmouth and Between the Buried and Me.

Edit:

Sucks, anyone know if the PS3 supports XMB music? I know RDR was a surprise one that no one expected it to, but did support it in the end.

I know the Japanese version doesn't. But man, wouldn't it be great if they added support?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I had quite a bit of fun with this game earlier this year. FoTN Ken's Rage tops the Warriors Orochi games as my favorite Koei musou title. I'm still not sure if I like this game or Sengoku Basara 3 more, but musou and/or Fist Of The North Star fans should definitely check this game out...don't let the demo bring you down.

BTW, Kenshiro is supposed to play somewhat stiff and slow. The developers wanted to give "impact" to his moves. I mostly played Kenshiro and Mamiya, and I definitely had a preference for the way Mamiya handled compared to Ken.

Unlike a lot of other Koei musou games, the characters in Ken's Rage feel pretty different from each other, and have HUUUUUUGE skill trees to max out. It will take hours and hours and hours and hours just to max out one character's skill tree, if you want to. (You don't need to do this to enjoy/clear the game, and the only grinding I ever had to do was with Toki, because of one boss fight.)

Also it looks like the U.S. version is going to have the same amount of overpriced/rip-off DLC as the Japanese version. People interested in getting this and getting all the content may want to wait until early December. Hokuto Musou International is coming out in Japan for under $50, and is supposed to have ALL the DLC on the disc, plus the extra gore and English voices. Not sure about the text though.

WILL THE GUY WHO SHAT ALL OVER SW3/SB3 FOR IGN SHIT ON THIS!? LET'S GO FOR THREE TERRIBLE, GENRE-HATE REVIEWS!! :D

------------

My impressions from previous threads/elsewhere:

Played two hours and beat the first few levels, defeating Shin (and unlocking the side story mode which lets you play as other characters; got Shin and Mamiya playable so far). I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, which is to be expected as both a HnK and Musou fan. The combos come out pretty stiffly, but you get used to it. Rei is AWESOME and quite a bit faster than Ken; Mamiya uses a crossbow and other weapons, and while she lacks the power and speed of Kenshiro and Rei, she makes up for it with range. Her throw is hilarious, too-- walk up to someone, bitch slap a bunch of times, then jump up on their face and slam them down. :lol:

I'll post more in-depth later, but just want to say that while this is indeed a Musou game, the feel is pretty different. The stages are linear, but you can backtrack and need to if you want to get all of the mission points. There's seven of these in every level (and an eighth if you get all seven, apparently) that you have to meet certain conditions to get. Apparently backtracking on the first level will lead to previously inaccessable areas; I didn't try this. Getting all the mission points also makes the boss fights harder. You don't have to get any of these mission points to keep going though, so the game lets you play it at your pace.

I think a good way to describe the game is as a Musou with a more traditional beat-em-up style of progression. No open battlefields; you move forward and clear out a wave or two of enemies, and then go forward again. I thought the game was actually going to be an open-world style environment from some previews I saw, but this is not the case.

(Note- I wrote this after playing the other main mode:)

Also played through the first level of Mamiya's story mode. These side story modes are very different than the main story mode, and are much more like the traditional Musou games, where you're on a battlefield and there's your army versus (complete with general type characters) the enemy. The difference is that it's all about conquering and keeping territory; beat the shit out of enough grunts and a sub-boss, and then your side comes to help you. Player-controlled territories have large flaming pots with blue flame; enemy ones are red. The mission point system is still in effect here, too. This mode had a LOT more enemies on screen at once compared to the story mode, and the engine does chug a bit when there's a huge amount of characters on screen in certain areas. It's not bad enough to affect the game play, but I shudder to think how this must be in split-screen co-op mode.

A few more points about Hokuto Musou's game play/features compared to the traditional Musou games. Since I have only played as Kenshiro and Mamiya (and a tiny bit of Rei), I can only really comment on them:

-There are fewer characters to play as, but they feel a lot differently from each other, and don't all play the same.
-The upgrade trees are pretty big. Tons and tons of stuff to buy with skill points earned.
-Each character has multiple Musou attacks. You can have up to four equipped (selectable with the d-pad) at one time.
-You cannot charge the Musou gauge on your own; it fills up from beating enemies.
-When enemies die, they release spirit aura similar to Ninja Gaiden/Devil May Cry/Onimusha, that flies to you.
-When you have enough power gathered, you can power up your character to do more damage. A small meter counts down until it runs out.
-During this time, you can unleash a death move, which is a different or powered-up Musou.
-There is a grab button. It depends on the character for what their actions are. Kenshiro can grab someone and use them to bash into other enemies for a few seconds before slamming them on the ground, for example.
-Environments are somewhat interactive; you can break or dent parts of buildings or various objects, and do more damage to enemies by slamming them into them. Note that Mamiya cannot do this.
-Occasionally there are objects that can be used as weapons, like steel girders. You can also come across missiles or flammable barrels that can be lobbed at enemies.
-The game's cut scenes appear to be using real-time models, but they are more detailed than the in-game models and the frame rate is MUCH higher, so perhaps not(?).
-The in-game models and background detail are higher than in any other Musou game.
-However, the frame rate is not as smooth. It's stable 98% of the time (I haven't tried 2P yet) and looks like it's 30 FPS.
-Characters show clothing damage. If Kenshiro loses enough health, he loses his upper body clothing. Mamiya shows a LOT more skin, etc.
-Mr. Heart's stomach fat is nice n' jiggly. So are Mamiya's chest and backside area.
-Although the characters have new designs, the game comes with a code to download a costume more like Kenshiro's original one. Assuming everyone else will get them too.

The game's biggest negative points are the slowdown, which seems to be manageable, and the much bigger issue of attacks feeling stiff and slow to start up. There is brief split second between the time it takes to input a button to start an attack sequence and when it registers, and once you have started a combo, you cannot stop it, so if you need to dodge an attack, you're out of luck. This is what will end up making or breaking the game for some people, I think, but I still think that Musou and HnK fans will eat this up.

Going back to the story mode, I see that Rei and Mamiya are now selectable alongside Kenshiro. They have their own missions separate from Ken's that take place at various times alongside the main story. Not sure if they share stages or not. There are definitely hidden areas in every level that are not available to me right now. I need to buy a certain move that punches holes in specific walls to get to them. Having upgraded Ken a bit, he felt a little less "stiff" and more powerful, as expected. I cleared stage three and it was immensely satisfying; in addition to enemies, traps appeared. There's also parts where you have to climb up walls and avoid falling debris.

This game is really fucking fun to play; levels are nice and long, full of enemies, and mid-boss and boss fights are pretty well done. You have to figure out ways to take out bosses. It's not just running around and mashing the buttons like you can do in other Musou games. These guys have weaknesses that must be figured out or you won't beat them. It took me a good while to beat Jagi (I still don't know if I missed something; I basically rushed at him with enough Musou gathered and took him out ASAP to win it) and I couldn't figure out how to beat the imposter Toki (Amiba) last night. Good stuff; glad I bought it, and It's also worth noting that Illusion mode can have SHITLOADS of enemies to fight, but story mode can be barren at times, keeping with the atmosphere and story.

The difference is that you can be set up in story mode, with enemies ambushing you from higher areas that you have to do a little bit of platforming to get to, or can't get to at all. The grunts with crossbows can really screw things up for you if you don't dodge their shots, too. And now there are sub-boss types that use similar movesets to previous bosses. I fought against a "Heart" and two "Shins."

Finally beat Toki-imposter Amiba and and cleared the Cassandra level.

I think I'm on the last level for Kenshiro in the story mode. Got Toki opened up for play alongside Rei and Mamiya. Looks like there's room for Raoh too. The rest of the characters will unlock for play in the Illusion mode. I still haven't tried anyone else yet beyond the initial three. Waiting until I clear the story mode with Kenshiro first. I think this game has shot up to the top as my favorite Koei Musou game. The story mode is more like an action game and the mission points (essentially sub-missions within levels) make for some fun, sometimes challenging *and purely OPTIONAL* battles. I have yet to get all of them before clearing a level, but I think that's to be expected; for some of them you have to have a certain move available that you won't be able to purchase right off the bat. There are things about this game that remind me a bit of Capcom's Sengoku Basara games, in that there are multiple selectable Musous (you can have up to four at one time) that you get as you progress, you can power up (which then completely changes your Musou), and in story mode at least, the levels are more straight-forward and there's no backtracking unless you want to explore and/or go do certain sub-missions.

The boss fights are the highlight and everyone comes at you differently. You'll also get more cowardly bosses who will retreat and send out enemies to take you out, then come back, sometimes not alone. In other words, unlike virtually every other Koei Musou game, the levels and "generals" feel DIFFERENTLY. The standard thugs you face are all pretty much the same, but at least they aren't as stupid. They can be a real hassle when you are surrounded and a group on the outside fires crossbows at you.

And this is all just the story mode. Illusion mode throws a shit-ton more enemies at you and does the more traditional Musou-like map style. It feels like two games in one.

I thought I was at the end of Kenshiro's story mode, but nope! Still going...they kind of skip a lot of storyline bits with certain characters (Raoh was like a blip on the radar), although that could be because other characters in the story mode are more involved with them. Poor Rei. :cry: The game spent a lot of time focusing on his last battle with Judah. You fight him once as Ken, then spend the remainder of the stage taking out a structure allowing water to flow freely. Rei's fight with Judah is obviously in his own story mode. Just finished Shu's stage, most of which is one long escort mission with a group of NPCs. I kept getting mission points for helping them though, so if you want to just let them all die and keep going, I assume it's possible. :p It was pretty easy keeping the majority of them alive anyway. So I'm guessing NOW I'm at the last stage, since I think Souther is the only one left to fight. There is still so much left to do with Kenshiro, though, like getting all those mission points and unlocking the rest of his skill set (still have a TON left to get), but there's other characters to play after and then the illusion mode! Never thought I'd enjoy the game as much as I have been.

I got to the end of Kenshiro's story last night. Every time I thought I was on the last stage for the last couple of levels, another one popped up. :lol: He's got 14 stages total. It follows the original story, of course, but Ryuuga (Yuria's brother) level was sandwiched inbetween the multi-level Souther and Ken-Oh/Raoh levels, and just felt like "filler." You get to ride a motorcycle on that level though. It's weird that Raoh's horse is faster.

Didn't beat Raoh on the final stage. I could get him down to his last lifebar and almost no life left, but he'd kill me with a massive life-draining attack move. I wasted all of my musou power on two sub-generals right before him, so next time through I'm going to have to beat them without doing that.

The last Musou Kenshiro gets is the move where he takes on the powers of Toki and Rei. Raoh has this too. It's basically just a temporary invincible state and doesn't seem particularly useful since it requires three musou bars to use and doesn't do much on bosses.

This game is going to take fucking forever to beat all the way through if I want to max out the characters and unlock all the extras. Apparently no one has beaten the boss rush mode either.

Beat Kenshiro's story mode in Hokuto Musou. The final fight with Raoh was easier since I went into with all my musou full this time around. That unlocked Kenshiro in illusion mode. Then I played through Toki's story mode (it's just three stages long, and each level is on the shorter side), and wouldn't you know it? Fucking Raoh is his final boss too. :lol Toki's way too damn weak against Raoh right now so I'm going to have to grind a bit to build him up. I didn't have to grind with Kenshiro, but then he also has 14 stages to play through.

If anyone knows about the whole Fist Of The Northstar story, can you tell me why the hell Raoh was accompanying Toki for a bit after they fought once...only to fight again? I don't get it.

Started playing Mamiya's story in Hokuto Musou. I did clear one Illusion stage with her previously, but I don't think that really matters; I still haven't tried Jagi (who I assume fights the same way) and don't have everyone unlocked yet, but Mamiya so far seems to be the most powerful character in the game. :lol Her long-range fighting style and especially her unique action (R1), which is a large crossbow blast that can be charged, can be as powerful as any other character's musou attack and can clear out whole crowds of enemies. I just beat the first stage with her effortlessly; the end boss, the big Boss Fang guy (who uses a very annoying pro wrestling style that later sub-generals also use) took me a retry with Kenshiro and a little while to go down, but with Mamiya he hit me once. I LOL'd. There are some spots in stages with small holes that Kenshiro and co. can't enter; Mamiya can (giving you the obligatory fan-service ass shot) and this leads to other areas or shortcuts to the ending stages. So far though, it seems that in story mode everybody has maybe one unique level of their own and then shares stages from Kenshiro's story mode.

Fucking love. This. Game. :D

Mamiya's manga costume is up for download, and it's getting attention because of its "NSFW" attributes.

http://kotaku.com/5512361/nsfw-this-dlc-is-way-more-revealing-than-originally-thought

500x_238fe7cd.jpg

500x_bc3bd691.jpg
500x_8250dfa9.jpg

What makes me laugh is this:

500x_c6dc28ed.jpg

Is that really an official image from KOEI?! :lol:

Anyway, that's actually not what it normally looks like. ALL of the game's characters show clothing damage and get shirtless/ripped up pants. Female character gets more scantily-clad in video game, shocking! Her regular outfit looks pretty much the same way when damaged. For a game that's been selling pretty well, it sure does have little attention outside Japan. Nobody seems to know anything about it; it's weird.

Finished Mamiya's Illusion mode on normal. The ending was far more satisfying than the story mode, which seemed kinda weird. I ended up replaying her first stage to level up a bit, then went through the entire last stage and took out every single enemy before taking on Souther. Just kept countering his bullshit with Musou attacks to break out of his combo strings...was a snap!

Really wish Toki was already unlocked in Illusion mode so I could grind with him easier. Guess it's back to his story mode again so I can clear his and go onto Rei's.

Nick Rox (of Gamefan fame) discusses Hokuto Musou in this podcast. He liked it and ended up getting both versions; says the PS3 version is the best since it looks better and the cut scenes go at 60fps. They are 30fps on 360 and some of them also appear to be grainy video of what is done in real time on PS3. I don't know what it is with Koei games, but they always seem to be better on PS3.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/warning-a-huge-podcast/id360033315

Meanwhile, James Mielke (former 1upper, now at Q games) hated it. http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9025316 To be honest, it sounds like he didn't play the game enough to even have discovered some of the basics, which he gets called out on in the comments section. But I can't say I blame him if he found it too repetitive/boring.

I fucking love the game. I think I may have to re-evaluate telling people that Musou game-haters need not apply; one my musou-hater friends seemed pretty happy with it. Learned something from that 1up comments section, too: Remember last night how taunting made the enemies jump back and then start slowly moving forward? It sets them up nicely to be taken out as a group by a Musou attack! I never even thought of that, mainly because I found Kenshiro's bread n' butter to be []/\/\ and [][]/\/\, which can move through crowds anyway. And then Mamiya just needs to use her crossbow, lol.

New DLC is out. Three new scenarios, Mr. Heart, and an outlaw/hoodlum character are playable.

The hoodlum's throw is hilarious, and looks so WRONG when done to Mamiya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzGk2-OkZB4

I plan to at least play some of the anime BGM in the background while I play this game.. I really wish they'd release a DLC that has all the old music though.. wishful thinking though.

RoryDropkick said:
I plan to at least play some of the anime BGM in the background while I play this game.. I really wish they'd release a DLC that has all the old music though.. wishful thinking though.

This is my second choice. Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop, here I come!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Guys, it's not just long loading times that make the 360 version worse. The cut scenes go at 30fps and appear to be FMVs of the PS3 version's cut scenes, where as the PS3 version's cut scenes are real time and 60fps.

Get the PS3 version if you have both platforms.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
YOU ARE ALREADY BOUGHT

There's been lots of Dynasty Warriors games coming out lately I noticed lol. I downloaded the demo but haven't tried it yet.

I just got Samurai Warriors 3 last week ;o

MidnightScott said:
There's been lots of Dynasty Warriors games coming out lately I noticed lol. I downloaded the demo but haven't tried it yet.

I just got Samurai Warriors 3 last week ;o

I remember you saying in another thread that you want to like this genre.

How's it going for you?

I'm being completely serious and not being a dick. I really want to know.

Lyte Edge said:
Get the PS3 version if you have both platforms.

So... I should just listen to my music on an iPod while I have the music muted and sound effects blasting?

FrostuTheNinja said:
I remember you saying in another thread that you want to like this genre.

How's it going for you?

I'm being completely serious and not being a dick. I really want to know.

Well I did the first chapter and killed over 500 enemies lol. I failed one objective or whatever you wanna call it "kill ____ before tokugawa reaches the garrison" or something lol. I haven't played games since then though. I've learned that I don't need to buy anything at launch unless I can save money on it somehow. So if I end up liking the other games I have then I might pick this up soon.

I used to watch some Fist of the North Star years ago but never got to see all of it either. However I remember how bloody it was lol.

Lard said:
Is there going to be DLC for this?

Lyte Edge said:
Also it looks like the U.S. version is going to have the same amount of overpriced/rip-off DLC as the Japanese version. People interested in getting this and getting all the content may want to wait until early December. Hokuto Musou International is coming out in Japan for under $50, and is supposed to have ALL the DLC on the disc, plus the extra gore and English voices. Not sure about the text though.

Well, I hope that answers your question.

MidnightScott said:
Well I did the first chapter and killed over 500 enemies lol. I failed one objective or whatever you wanna call it "kill ____ before tokugawa reaches the garrison" or something lol. I haven't played games since then though. I've learned that I don't need to buy anything at launch unless I can save money on it somehow. So if I end up liking the other games I have then I might pick this up soon.

I used to watch some Fist of the North Star years ago but never got to see all of it either. However I remember how bloody it was lol.

The entire series is on hulu right now, if you want to check it out.

This Musou thing, I got into because of Gundam Musou. I enjoyed Devil Kings but I could never get into most of the Dynasty Warriors games for some reason. It's good to see more people jumping the fence and joining the leveling/upgrading party.

RoryDropkick said:
Also sort of related, the 2nd box set for HNK has been dated for Nov 22.. we finally hit past what Manga released here so long ago :D

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Boioioioioioioing!

I know it's an arc not very well liked by many, but I do hope if they do Hokuto Musou 2 they do the Falco and Shura arcs.. I want my Ken in shades dammit :lol

RoryDropkick said:
I know it's an arc not very well liked by many, but I do hope if they do Hokuto Musou 2 they do the Falco and Shura arcs.. I want my Ken in shades dammit :lol

Why?! WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT?!

Top Bottom