• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

I'll never understand why these tiny guys are such a big draw. nothing special about their phenotypes.

what happened to the big beefy boxers?
When Tyson fell off the heavyweight class dropped hard, Cheating Holyfield retired, Lennox was alright, but generally it was all muscle but slow boxers with jabs and clenches. The game got smaller and at that same time saw the likes of the best boxers of the new era in Jones Jr and Paquio/ De La Hoya.

Manbig

I do.

I'm just wondering why there hasn't been a hype match like this in the heavy weights in a while.

seeing these little guys fight isn't as interesting. athletes with average phenotype just aren't as entertaining to watch as the big guys and I don't get how they are able to draw this much attention.

Because people are finally starting to get over that whole "only big men are interesting" bullshit mentality when watching fighters.

Syder

I'm just wondering why there hasn't been a hype match like this in the heavy weights in a while.
Ummmmm...

skysports-joshua-anthony-wladimir-klitschko-uppercut-wembley-stadium_3942545.jpg

Keep up.

Farsi

No. The Main event guys are contracted to walk out at a certain time. Which in this case is about 45 minutes from now.

Might be a little later. People are reporting pay per view problems online and with the cable services. Could be a delay like the May-Pac fight.

FaintDeftone

Man, I wish they didn't charge so much to watch this. I have kids in bed so I can't run down to a sports bar. Guess I'll just have to watch the highlights in the morning.

FuturusX

If Conner goes the distance and Mayweather wins on points, I still consider it a loss. I know Mayweather has not stopped an opponent ina long time but Conner is a novice in this sport.

____

If Conner goes the distance and Mayweather wins on points, I still consider it a loss. I know Mayweather has not stopped an opponent ina long time but Conner is a novice in this sport.

Mayweather said the same in an interview today. He said he won’t allow it to go the distance because he’ll consider that a loss.

Top Bottom