• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Manager 2012 |OT| Of why the heck is this so popular?

Nyx

Congrats!

How is Maletic progressing? I´m hearing great things about him.

Not as great as I hoped (loaned him out to my feeder club FC Dordrecht, where he played regularly and scored 10 goals iirc), he will be my 3rd striker for the coming season I reckon.

If you want I can make a screenie when I get home.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
How can I get a feeder club if my board fails to find one and then the option is greyed out in the board room when I try again? I'd like to be able to sign foreign players who don't qualify for work permits yet.

Nyx

How can I get a feeder club if my board fails to find one and then the option is greyed out in the board room when I try again? I'd like to be able to sign foreign players who don't qualify for work permits yet.

I think you will have to wait then till the option is available again.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Should I sell my Brazilian player I bought who keeps whining about adjusting to England? I already gave him a leave of absence once. Should I buy another Brazilian to help him?

Moobabe

Should I seel my Brazilian player I bought who keeps whining about adjusting to England? I already gave him a leave of absence once. Should I buy another Brazilian to help him?

Some players just bed in over time - but maybe it's worth a shot? Or ask him to recommend a member of staff? Or look at his favourite personnel?

AIP

Not as great as I hoped (loaned him out to my feeder club FC Dordrecht, where he played regularly and scored 10 goals iirc), he will be my 3rd striker for the coming season I reckon.

If you want I can make a screenie when I get home.

Sure, would love that.

Just took over Napoli and I´m contemplating bringing him over here. Don´t know how your economy is like but take a look at Kolbeinn Sigþórsson playing in Ajax. He´s really preforming well with Cavani on my save.

Nyx

Sure, would love that.

Just took over Napoli and I´m contemplating bringing him over here. Don´t know how your economy is like but take a look at Kolbeinn Sigþórsson playing in Ajax. He´s really preforming well with Cavani on my save.

Attribute-wise I would not recommend him, especially not for Napoli.
Will make a screenie of him tonight and put it here. (@ work atm)

Some highlights of my current game :

BkUcj.jpg

2nd year in the Champions League, and I got to the knockout-phase. :)
Next up, Real Madrid....

And as our stadium is sold out most of the times I asked my board for a new stadium:

M2P3Q.jpg

Whoo!

AIP

BkUcj.jpg

Next up, Real Madrid....

And as our stadium is sold out most of the times I asked my board for a new stadium:

M2P3Q.jpg

Whoo!

Looking great! I´ll probably go with Gudetti instead.

I love this game.

blpR4.jpg

Meier

BkUcj.jpg

Next up, Real Madrid....

M2P3Q.jpg

Whoo!

Congrats! I got to the 7th season with Porto in 2011 and they still wouldn't build me a new stadium even with constant sellouts. I set aside my Porto squad this year for a bit and started a Portland Timbers squad.. after 1 or 2 seasons, they agreed to build me a new one! Still pretty small though.. went from 17 to 25k I believe.

Was there a patch that I didn't notice? I think it always just said "Youth Goals" before but now it's specifying U21 on a guy's profile.

Meier

Just want to reiterate how good Yannis Tafer is by the way for some of you guys with smaller clubs (even in his second deal, he is only making $34.5k per week). I bought this guy for $4.5 million after finding him via a scout in my first year and he's scored 88 goals in less than 4 years. For a guy who is on a team as loaded as mine, that's really freaking impressive especially considering 67 of his appearances have been as a sub.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Damn Board are so useless, keep trying to get a Work Permit feeder club and they do nothing, found this 16 year old Brazilian newgen who is going to be one of the best players in the world in a few years.

DominoKid

If I had a desktop I'd get this (or just start back playing 11). Because I played it so much last summer that it buttfucked my battery life and I had to buy a new one way earlier than I should've.

must...resist...

remnant

Banned
Got this during the steam sale and I have to say i love it. Despite knowing very little soccer I still feel pretty immersed in the world FM creates.

Anway I don't know much about soccer so I'm asking for advice about tactics. I'm still not entirely sure how well the tactics in FM relate to real life soccer, but how do you generally approach creating tactics in this game.

Meier

Didn't play for about 2 months but got the itch again. Can't reiterate enough how good Vaclav Kadlec is. A must signing IMO. Also recommend snagging Gaston Ramirez who is an absolute beast as a midfielder or left winger.

Kabouter

Didn't play for two months, but played a bit after seeing this thread bumped. My Heracles Almelo is doing well, just won the Eredivisie, third season, third win, fuck yeah.

Meier

Spent $30m and a $52k per week deal on a 17 yr old regen that one scout and one coach (both 20/20) called a 4.5. Got him on my team 6 months later and he was now showing as a possible 4. A month or so later and they're now predicting at a 3.5. Doh! :(

Kabouter

Spent $30m and a $52k per week deal on a 17 yr old regen that one scout and one coach (both 20/20) called a 4.5. Got him on my team 6 months later and he was now showing as a possible 4. A month or so later and they're now predicting at a 3.5. Doh! :(

Yeah, I hate it when that kind of thing happens. Never happened to that degree for me, but man, I'm hoping this €12M kid from Atletico works out for me :X. Oh, and to make things crazier, he's fifteen hahah.

Meier

Yeah, I hate it when that kind of thing happens. Never happened to that degree for me, but man, I'm hoping this €12M kid from Atletico works out for me :X. Oh, and to make things crazier, he's fifteen hahah.

This guy was from Athletic Bilbao. Clearly, young Spaniards don't come cheap! He has played fairly well to start -- 5 league matches in and he has managed 3 assists for my Porto side (he's a CM). Incredibly he's managed two red cards in those 5 matches.. probably more than I've ever had from a single player in a career let alone in 5 games. :lol

Luckily he is back to a predicted 4* again... guess we'll just have to wait and see. I am loaded with cheaper 4* options at CM so I will probably try and move him with a 50% sell-on clause and hope he turns out to be a star elsewhere.

Forgive my ignorance, but is it worth the extra skrilla to get 12 over 11 if you've barely touched the genre?

I wouldn't say it's worth getting. Find the cheapest version you can, I don't think much has changed from 11. If you do get 11 and enjoy what you have played, wait till 13 comes out.

Edit:

kShMR.jpg

Get in!

Freak result against Bayern aside (6-0 drubbing thanks to my awful midfield, the main culprit being dropped), I'm pretty chuffed to have qualified. WELL in.

I wouldn't say it's worth getting. Find the cheapest version you can, I don't think much has changed from 11. If you do get 11 and enjoy what you have played, wait till 13 comes out.

Edit:

kShMR.jpg

Get in!

Freak result against Bayern aside (6-0 drubbing thanks to my awful midfield, the main culprit being dropped), I'm pretty chuffed to have qualified. WELL in.

That's what I was hoping. I have a coupon for '12 but I'll just snag whatever is cheaper. Hopefully it's a daily some time soon.

Meier

For those interested, FM Handheld is on sale for $4.99 on the App Store right now. Just bought it although I wonder how big it is.. my phone is almost out of space.

Funnily enough just a couple of days ago I was thinking if I see the price drop to £10 or less on Steam then I'll buy it. I noticed the special offer earlier so I took the plunge and I'm downloading now.

I haven't played the series since Champ Man 03/04 (which I put hundreds of hours into at the time) so this will be a fairly fresh experience for me. In terms of teams I'll probably just put a few seasons into Liverpool to start off and then begin a new game with a random Conference team (or lower if that's available now) and gradually take them up to the Premier League and European glory. I managed to do it with Morecambe in about 15 years on 03/04 at least.

I'm also hoping to get a networked game going with a mate. From I've heard one person acts as the host with all the matches and calculations being run on their machine, with anyone else a client via their IP address. I'm just hoping it'll be fairly simple to set up.

teebs33

Neo Member
Did anyone happen to pick up a giftable version of the game when it was on sale? I'd gladly gift something back in return!

Meier

Posted this in the football thread but figured I'd bump this one a bit.. one of my more profitable sales. Also got a 50% sell-on clause included in this sale.

if50rFh6eH4yQ.jpg

Rikkun

New Laptop, new FM season! This time I'll try a team from Serie C, my town's team Pavia :D

Is there a guide you know about for incuding face packs etc in the game? Finally I have a quite performing pc, may be the first time ever for me.

Meier

New Laptop, new FM season! This time I'll try a team from Serie C, my town's team Pavia :D

Is there a guide you know about for incuding face packs etc in the game? Finally I have a quite performing pc, may be the first time ever for me.

I'll check for the link when I get home, but I believe it's fm-base that has the massive 4 gigs or so worth of faces (over 100k players).

Danj

Didn't see a separate thread for it so I figured I'd ask in here.

Has anyone tried the new smartphone version of Football Manager Handheld? What's it like? Is it worth the £6.99 they are currently charging for it on the Android market?

Rikkun

I'll check for the link when I get home, but I believe it's fm-base that has the massive 4 gigs or so worth of faces (over 100k players).

Found it, thanks :D

Also found a nofake, hopefully I did everything correctly.

Didn't expect for the face pack to be so huge btw..

Meier

Didn't see a separate thread for it so I figured I'd ask in here.

Has anyone tried the new smartphone version of Football Manager Handheld? What's it like? Is it worth the £6.99 they are currently charging for it on the Android market?

I have the iPhone version and it's pretty impressive. The scouting is much less in depth and the coach/training aspect is toned down but the core gameplay is quite representative. If you're a fan, I'd say it's worth taking the plunge. The player database is obviously much smaller but still quite impressive given the limitations that go with being on a phone.

Found it, thanks :D

Also found a nofake, hopefully I did everything correctly.

Didn't expect for the face pack to be so huge btw..

Yeah, unless you pay the subscription fee, it'll probably take you a day or two to slowly download all the individual parts of the rar.. it's quite substantial to say the least.

Rikkun

Yeah, unless you pay the subscription fee, it'll probably take you a day or two to slowly download all the individual parts of the rar.. it's quite substantial to say the least.

They added a torrent for the 4.0.. I'll still have to download every update but it's better anyway.

Sorry to bump this but couldn't see it anywhere else:

Recently picked this up from Gamersgate for half price: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-FM2012/football-manager-2012

Now I've played previous games in the series, but with all the hype of the Premier League and upcoming Euros (alongside a lot of upcoming free time \o/ ) I've bit the bullet and want to get into this big time.

Any essential things for new players (mods, packs, tips) ?

Currently debating whether to start with a non-league team and work my way up, but kind of tempted to jump in with a big club so I have a bit more freedom with signings and team picking.

Also - have an AMD 3500m w/ a 6620g (I think) graphics chip - what's the best settings to ensure as fast play as possible, without compromising on what's going on around me.

Damn it, bought it on Steam for full price yesterday.

I just started as QPR. I was thinking of doing a lower tier team, but I don't have the patience. For some reason, the board gave me no transfer funds. So this season should be fun.

Haha, I'm playing QPR too for the same reasons!

Top Bottom