• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Clegg

Why start Carrick at CB? We've already qualified from our group ffs.

Just play Wootton from the start.

man united ‏Subs. Johnstone. Young. Macheda. Wotton. Cole. Vermijl. King

Fry

Kroos is shit.

isQ7nLYbPFMYk.gif

BluesChronicle: Chelsea team for Juventus: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Azpilicueta, Mata, Oscar, Hazard.

So... 5-2-2-1?

3 centre backs, 2 wing backs, Mikel/Ramires in central midfield, Mata/Oscar behind Hazard?

Not sure I understand what hes done here. Seems like an odd team.

Apparently its 4-5-1 with Azpili/Dave on the right wing? WTF. Oh and Sturridge injured in training I just read?

BluesChronicle: Chelsea team for Juventus: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Azpilicueta, Mata, Oscar, Hazard.

So... 5-2-2-1?

3 centre backs, 2 wing backs, Mikel/Ramires in central midfield, Mata/Oscar behind Hazard?

Not sure I understand what hes done here. Seems like an odd team.

Apparently its 4-5-1 with Azpili/Dave on the right wing? WTF. Oh and Sturridge injured in training I just read?

Luiz as striker. A stroke of genius.

Fry

I thought you guys loved Kroos.

Kroos always leaves his mark in most matches, either with a great goal or assist. He gave the assist in the last match, for example. He is also always a threat because of his long range shooting.

I'd rather see Shaqiri playing as CAM for a change, but not in an important match like this. Going with the usual is safer.

Sturridge injury confirmed, so perhaps that explains Azpilicueta on the right wing? Probably would have put Bertrand on the left instead but meh. Still perplexed by the team.

i'm for it.

To be honest, trying to move one of Hazard/Mata to being able to play as a striker seems like a good move and one I think might have been considered when he was signed in the first place, he'll be able to rotate with Mata and Oscar no differently to how he does now.

xintin

I would rather lose 5-0 to be honest :( We KNOW our strikers suck, it's humiliating if it ends 0-0. :(
pfft Vidal scored on us on one leg last time.

To be honest, trying to move one of Hazard/Mata to being able to play as a striker seems like a good move and one I think might have been considered when he was signed in the first place, he'll be able to rotate with Mata and Oscar no differently to how he does now.
Seems like Mata will be leading the attack. The only confusing thing for me is Azpilicueta, like you said. Would prefer Bertrand.

Edit - or even Marin. He has to be healthy by now and he's on the bench. Are we ever going to play him?

Zabojnik

I see we're still insisting with 3-5-2 even though Pepe's finally back. We really should go back (Kate!) to 4-3-3 in Europe. Otherwise we're gonna get raped everytime we encounter a strong 4-2-3-1 team like Shakthar.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think RDM is on to something. Oscar, Hazard and Mata will probably rotate positions or play a semi-free role. It's gonna be a bitch to defend against.

Top Bottom