• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

dc89

WOW! Chelsea are a joke. So let's sum this up.

- Two cups in May
- Top of the league in October
- Forced out in November.

pappe

Pretty crazy.

How can you expect to succeed, when every time you put a foundation, you tear it down a few minutes later?

To be frank this wasnt the best laid foundation anyways. RDM shouldnt have been signed on in the first place. They are just correcting the wrong.

BRING ON BASED AVRAM.

cL6fH.jpg

jtb

Banned
Holy shit... that was quick. Abramovich doesn't fuck around, goddamn. Wouldn't have sacked him unless he had a replacement lined up though; probably Benitez I guess.

dc89

It's mental, it's absurd. City used to be the club that went through more managers than I had hot dinners. I'm so glad that Sheikh Mansour stays out of the day to day running of the club. Thank you #BasedMansour, thank you for not being like Roman. THANK YOU.

lol Danish news went for Adrianos throat this morning in the airport. He was shamed like a bukakke, seriously they kept asking him questions of what he thought of his goal and he was just standing still in the middle of the airport looking into the ground. :lol

bbc sport reporting rumour thay benitez being lined up to replace him? what

sdl6O.gif

dc89

This begs the question, what does Roman actually deem success to be. RDM had a nigh on 60% win rate and he delivered the Champions League.

What more does Roman want?!

Lightning

Banned
Holy shit... that was quick. Abramovich doesn't fuck around, goddamn. Wouldn't have sacked him unless he had a replacement lined up though; probably Benitez I guess.
But its insanity. The man brought Chelsea from the dead to beat Napoli in the CL last season which they went on and won and at the start of the following season you humiliate him by doing this? It's just embarrassing.

So fucking glad our board don't do shit like this.

To be frank this wasnt the best laid foundation anyways. RDM shouldnt have been signed on in the first place. They are just correcting the wrong.

Yeah, that much is true.... but also all the others before him..

Scolari, Grant, Ancelotti, AVB... am I missing anybody else as well? :lol

Those are a lot of managers to go through. o_O

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea lol

Embarrassing but inevitable. Their owner is a lunatic.

sohois

I wonder why 'Arry hasn't been linked, he seems like he'd be ok taking them on short-term.

I suppose if Benitez gets it, being as divisive with Chelsea fans as he is, it will be entirely down to Torres.

dc89

Neil Ashton called this yesterday, he is usually very reliable on Chelsea stuff. So I'd wait and see who he says the new manager will be as it will probably be right.

P.S - I hope we humiliate Chelsea on Sunday now. I hope we let Roman sit and endure a 1-6esque humiliation, it's no less than what he deserves. Sorry Fady >.<

dc89

GamblingGAF -

Rafa Benitez – 4/6
Pep Guardiola – 6/4
Harry Redknapp – 16/1
Laurent Blanc – 25/1
Fabio Capello – 33/1
Jose Mourinho – 33/1

jtb

Banned
But its insanity. The man brought Chelsea from the dead to beat Napoli in the CL last season which they went on and won and at the start of the following season you humiliate him by doing this? It's just embarrassing.

So fucking glad our board don't do shit like this.

I agree. I mean, they're third in the league and it's not like sacking him now as opposed to at the end of the season is going to change anything—there's no CL campaign to go for, so why sack him now. It's ridiculous.

In other words, Torres claims yet another victim :lol

PaulLFC

"The club will be making an announcement shortly regarding a new first team manager."

They've got someone lined up then. Hope it's not Rafa.

dc89

Chelsea, Rafa Benítez and Pep Guardiola
After the sacking of Roberto di Matteo, the questions in everybody´s lips are about Pep and Rafa. This is what I know. This week Pep Guardiola has been approached to take over Chelsea if the sacking got confirmed. Pep said he will continue with his sabbatical. And Rafa Benítez, as we speak doing a talk in Abu Dhabi, has not got an offer from Chelsea or a call from them either.

I like Roman Abramovich, a man with a club and a dream (to give the reins to Guardiola). And I am sure he will pursue that dream. But one thing that will work against him -Pep will doubt if it is a good idea to work for a man who changes his mind that often. I know Roman struggled at first to deal even with draws. I know too that he knows more about football that people thinks. But the instability of the club will make Pep think twice.

Balague on his Sulia account. I agree with him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Very harsh.

I hope it's Rafa Benitez!

-

Roberto Di Matteo lasted 262 days as Chelsea manager, longer than Villas-Boas (256), Grant (247) & Scolari (223).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm sure Uncle Harry will come in and play Lampard up front.

No serious manger would want to go near a nutcase like Abramovic after they way he has treated Ancelotti and RDM.

dc89

Pep will never go to Chelsea. Not when his mates Soriano and Txiki are at City where he knows he would be given time if he ever got the job.

Roman will destroy Pep by sacking him after 200 days in the job.

People, including myself, often criticize the club for this constant changing of managers.

But since Roman's takeover we have won...

04/05: Premier League, League Cup
05/06: Premier League, Community Shield
06/07: F.A. Cup, League Cup
08/09: F.A. Cup
09/10: Premier League, F.A. Cup, Community Shield
11/12: F.A. Cup, Champions League

We've also been runners up in any amount of those competitions.

This says a few things to me. Either most managers are overrated - witnessed by the likes of AVB coming off the back of his Porto career or RDMs season after winning the UCL - and a bunch of expensive and talented players only need to be unleashed on to the field. Or Roman just knows when it's time for a change up.

I Should imagine it's neither of those things, but whatever it is, strangely it's working. I'd rather keep a manager for a while but still...

I assume Steve Holland will be in place in the interim.

pappe

I'm sure Uncle Harry will come in and play Lampard up front.

No serious manger would want to go near a nutcase like Abramovic after they way he has treated Ancelotti and RDM.

Well its a good pay off for the managers when they are fired. So....

Lightning

Banned
People, including myself, often criticize the club for this constant changing of managers.

But since Roman's takeover we have won...

04/05: Premier League, League Cup
05/06: Premier League, Community Shield
06/07: F.A. Cup, League Cup
08/09: F.A. Cup
09/10: Premier League, F.A. Cup, Community Shield
11/12: F.A. Cup, Champions League

We've also been runners up in any amount of those competitions.

This says a few things to me. Either most managers are overrated - witnessed by the likes of AVB coming off the back of his Porto career or RDMs season after winning the UCL - and a bunch of expensive and talented players only need to be unleashed on to the field. Or Roman just knows when it's time for a change up.

I Should imagine it's neither of those things, but whatever it is, strangely it's working. I'd rather keep a manager for a while but still...

I assume Steve Holland will be in place in the interim.
Rapid changing of managers is not the only way to get success. Just look at united. Your cheque book brings you trophies not changing managers every season

Top Bottom