• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Nyx

Who the hell will Abramovich get now? Mourinho is out of the equation, and if he ever (a very big if) gets Pep and ends up firing him, who else can he get? Ridiculous.

media_xl_724118.jpg

I really think Van Marwijk would be a good choice.

Fady K

media_xl_724118.jpg

I really think Van Marwijk would be a good choice.

I really respect this guy, but it seems like the only person IMO that Roman will ever be content with as a manager is Mourinho. He is the safest choice and yet he is near impossible to get now.

Also, I don't think Pep will go to Chelsea. He needs a club with stability and a not-insane chairman who will not make snap decisions.

He needs Arsenal :p

tzare

so di matteo fired, he will probably be next Madrid coach, he just fits, beat Barça and plays defensive football. Just what Florentino likes.

lol, what the fuck are you doing Chelsea? I guess now I don't have any choice, but to wish them ill for the rest of the season so that the top brass learns a lesson.

Forget Pep and Benitez, get Magath - he'll lead you to glory!

Was listening to a football radio show and one of the journalists claimed that Kjær and Kahlenberg has seriously opened champagne when he was fired. :lol

I completely believe it, Diego also went from being shit to being awesome overnight and now even wants to sign a new contract.
Magath also left Schalkeh with a bunch of shitty contracts (too short-term, generous wages) and so called "Kaderleichen" (squad corpses or shitty transfers) so I can't really hate him, lol

Anilones

Er, I thought he was?

I remember numerous years ago when Henry and Fabregas were constantly being linked to Barcelona he said every year that they would go, they never did. Until he said that the transfer definitely wouldn't happen that year, and they promptly moved.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh my god Hahahaha Chelsea you fucking laughing stock of a club. You utter fucking laughing stock.

I said he'd be gone by February but this is just wonderful. City's owners have seen Mancini fail twice now in the CL and, even if it turns out to be a poor idea, they're sticking with him. City are a better club than Chelsea. Get that in your head.

Oh my god Hahahaha Chelsea you fucking laughing stock of a club. You utter fucking laughing stock.

I said he'd be gone by February but this is just wonderful. City's owners have seen Mancini fail twice now in the CL and, even if it turns out to be a poor idea, they're sticking with him. City are a better club than Chelsea. Get that in your head.

Mancini should have been fired though, lol
You just like them sticking with him, because that means City will forever under-perform.

norinrad

Looks like i was right, i predicted yesterday the Job was Pep's for the taking.

LoL

Mancini would probably have a job until January

1) Please don't go there Rafa
2) Ballague is reliable regarding Rafa, they seem to be friends
3) Unlucky people with Mark Hughes as first to be sacked

What I can't wrap my head around his all the opposition fans, including here, who said RDM didn't have what it would take and was lucky to win the UCL, seemingly getting annoyed at his sacking. How is anybody other than Chelsea fans effected, and why would anybody else care?

Oxx

Curse of Torres:

Michael Cox @zonal_marking
Certainly not pinning the blame on him, but Torres has seen five of his managers sacked in two-and-a-half years (RB, RH, CA, AVB, RDM)

spidye

why can't heynckes get sacked. he's the most incompetent coach I'ver ever seen.

can't believe some of the things I've read today

What I can't wrap my head around his all the opposition fans, including here, who said RDM didn't have what it would take and was lucky to win the UCL, seemingly getting annoyed at his sacking. How is anybody other than Chelsea fans effected, and why would anybody else care?

I think its funny, but also a disappointing reminder of the way football is going, and I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him

Soi-Fong

People are annoyed at his sacking, because in truth it effectively confirms what most people here think; Chelsea has no semblance of stability whatsoever with Roman and you guys will keep on trying to wave moneyhats around trying to hopelessly fix it.

People are annoyed at his sacking, because in truth it effectively confirms what most people here think; Chelsea has no semblance of stability whatsoever with Roman and you guys will keep on trying to wave moneyhats around trying to hopelessly fix it.
And that is the concern of anybody but Chelsea fans how?

PaulLFC

It doesn't affect anyone else, but it does make your club look like a joke to them.

PowderedToast

rafa is reported to be interested. ugh, i really wanna see him back in the sport but this could damage his reputation even more if he's mishandled

PaulLFC

rafa is reported to be interested. ugh, i really wanna see him back in the sport but this could damage his reputation even more if he's mishandled
I don't want Rafa to go there but I doubt it'd harm his reputation if he did. By now clubs must know what Abramovich is like, managers can do perfectly well and get sacked, so getting sacked from Chelsea probably has more of an effect on their bank accounts than their careers.

Wilbur

Banned
Mancini should have been fired though, lol
You just like them sticking with him, because that means City will forever under-perform.

I don't know what you're talking about leave me alone what is a Manchester City anyway

But in all honesty, it shows that whenever Mancini gets sacked, that someone taking over won't be afraid of the sack after 2 losses.

Wooden, how does it feel to manage two clubs with batshit owners?

I don't know what you're talking about leave me alone what is a Manchester City anyway

But in all honesty, it shows that whenever Mancini gets sacked, that someone taking over won't be afraid of the sack after 2 losses.

Wooden, how does it feel to manage two clubs with batshit owners?

Wooden to be sacked in 3...2...1...

Soi-Fong

:lol, I'm sure the sacking of our manager pulled on your heart strings. You hate us regardless. Stop pretending like there's anything more to it than that.

And... I'm pretty sure you hate United as well. I think you're making light of this situation in Chelsea. Chelsea fans cannot be happy seeing manager after manager get sacked.

Wilbur

Banned

I'm not annoyed. It's hilarious just how predictable Chelsea are. Firing club legends - playing wise and managerially - in NOVEMBER. November man. It's wonderful.

I quite liked RDM and as I've said before, if I like a manager it goes a long way towards me pulling for a club - which is why I want Villa, Spurs and Wigan to do well - and him being there means that I had a little respect for Chelsea (I also don't hate Liverpool under Rodgers half as much as I did under Dalglish). But this is just great because Chelsea don't really have managers, it's just Roman.

Anilones

Absolutely stinks.

Feel for Di Matteo.

I don't feel sorry for any Chelsea manager, has to be one of the best jobs in the world. A 6 month job followed by a 18 month pay off for RDM, can't be bad.

The behaviour of the club and the lack of class which is the issue here in my opinion. Sacking someone who led the club to success for a series of poor results but continue to employ a member of staff who has been found guilty of racial slurs is the problem.

PowderedToast

I don't want Rafa to go there but I doubt it'd harm his reputation if he did. By now clubs must know what Abramovich is like, managers can do perfectly well and get sacked, so getting sacked from Chelsea probably has more of an effect on their bank accounts than their careers.

good point,

fuck it let's get rafa back in the epl. don't care if he's all dressed in blue, this league could do with some more serious tacticians atm

I don't feel sorry for any Chelsea manager, has to be one of the best jobs in the world. A 6 month job followed by a 18 month pay off for RDM, can't be bad.

The behaviour of the club and the lack of class which is the issue here in my opinion. Sacking someone who led the club to success for a series of poor results but continue to employ a member of staff who has been found guilty of racial slurs is the problem.

Are you new here?

If so, welcome :)

Top Bottom