• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Wilbur

Banned
judging by only watching the second half.
evans is class, though

Yeah he's been really good actually. I am prepared to eat a thousand pounds of crow

Fair result, encouraged by Anderson. If we can play every game with him for 65 minutes and then Scholes for the rest of the game, that would work lovely.

Rooney was poor, Hernandez was a waste of a starting spot I fear. 3 points though, sweet

Carbonox

It would take a January of legends for Newcastle to turn it around. Irrelevant of our injuries, the amount of injured players out that are actually still shit players is pretty impressive.

Pardew ain't gonna switch up the formation so we just gotta deal with it. Or support Middlesbrough/Heracles/move to Dortmund and fud eachothers' bums over Gotze boner pics.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I think I'm done with football till Benitez is done at Chelsea. I can't watch a 0-0 every week.

kToLx.png

K1LLER7

Good 3 points. Could've done better in the final third, we missed Kagawa, would've been ideal for him.

Anderson was great and was good to see him in a midfiled alongside Carrick and Clev. Controlled the game pretty much and defence was great too. Nice to see us not concede too.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Grr :p

Annoyingly, outside of Bale's first 20 minutes, I don't think any of your lot played particularly well.

Totally agree. Walker was good defensively but the rest were poor second half. We got very unsettled from our cheap giveaways and lost our heads. Positive signs for you IMO, Enrique and Sterling were lively but somehow we managed to deflect almost every shot or just do enough to put you off. Not many teams will have luck like we did tonight.

Wilbur

Banned
Eugh. We suck so bad.

Rafael and Evans were brilliant.

Everyone else was just meh.

And Rooney. Wow. Maybe his worst ever performance for the club.

City will eat us in 10 days time.

Ahhh you negative nancy. Carrick was pretty good, Anderson was good. We controlled midfield. Just looked shit at the final ball and set pieces. It isn't encouraging, but it certainly isn't doom mongering.

City aren't looking great either. The likelihood is they'll beat us, but you're as bad as Quiche/Kyoufu, you monster.

Everyone moans in this topic and its mostly fans of the top 4 or so teams

OH NO WE DIDN'T WIN 4-0

fuck off

Spoiled brats!

OH NOES WE DIDNT SIGN A 50 MILLION POUND CM #FERGIEOUT

MillerDanceDidntRead.gif

Ahhh you negative nancy. Carrick was pretty good, Anderson was good. We controlled midfield. Just looked shit at the final ball and set pieces. It isn't encouraging, but it certainly isn't doom mongering.
It wasn't terrible but it wasn't exciting.

Not good enough I'm afraid. I mean I am happy we won and got the CS, but we need to be doing better than that.

Meier

So what's the deal with Carl Jenkinson? I bought him on ESPN's FPL since he has a nice average score but he never plays now.

Wilbur

Banned
Jesus, the way he's playing lately I wouldn't even mind.

There is no way Newcastle will be relegated Kyoufu. I'd be surprised if you finished lower than 11th.

Two points off the drop zone.

Behind Liverpool.

Less goals than Reading.

#damn

It wasn't terrible but it wasn't exciting.

Not good enough I'm afraid. I mean I am happy we won and got the CS, but we need to be doing better than that.

Agreed, we do, but it wasn't an utterly shit performance outside of Rooney and Hernandez (Cleverley was anonymous as fuck as well). Defense handled Nolan, Collins and Carroll well enough, there was some nice play let down by the final ball, Anderson made a few runs forward and into space which is mind boggling watching United at the moment.

And we're top.

Kyoufu

Jesus, the way he's playing lately I wouldn't even mind.

There is no way Newcastle will be relegated Kyoufu. I'd be surprised if you finished lower than 11th.

Edit: It's like he's staring into my soul.

lol, I'm sure people said the same thing in 2008!

Wilbur

Banned
We looked better with wide players imo, the team needs width. Rooney, RVP, Chicha were too narrow.

Won't happen, but this would be my first choice midfield/strikers:

Anderson - Carrick
Valencia - Kagawa - Rooney
RVP

He played fine on the left in the Ronaldo years, but I just can't see him being put out there. Kagawa will play wide.

Arnie

When this thread's just reams and reams of hypothetical United formations, setups, and signings I close my browser. I'm joining in the Hixx cynicism because we're shit.

Wilbur

Banned
When this thread's just reams and reams of hypothetical United formations, setups, and signings I close my browser. I'm joining in the Hixx cynicism because we're shit.

Hey we actually do have gripes man, we're only one point ahead

if only we hadn't lost to spurs and norwich

Would you guys be happy if your team sacked a competent manager to then have two 0-0s in a row! I hope he turns it around but I'm not confident. Also I was just stealing Kyofu's thing!

Kyoufu

Nobody dislikes the armchair manager Manure formations more than I do. :p

Salvadora

Yeah, but that was his first game in the league after starting the first 5 or 6... and he isn't playing in the UCL either. I think he was injured for a bit but is he worth keeping on my team?
He wasn't injured but Sagna came back which set him back a notch in the pecking order. Sagna didn't play against Aston Villa due to fatigue but I wouldn't bet on Jenkinson getting very much time to be honest.

It gets unbearable to be honest.

Arnie

Are you still wholly convinced by what Rodgers is doing?

Yes.

Away support sung his name at the end, too, suggesting it's somewhat of a consensus.

Our problems aren't his doing (outside of pitting Downing versus Lennon tonight, admittedly), and we're playing some great football. We were undoubtedly the better team tonight at White Heart Lane, a ground we've routinely crumbled at in recent years. Sure, we lost, but that's shit finishing, and that's an issue that existed before he arrived, and one he's declared he wants to turn around.

Exactly, Benitez has won the CL.
And La Liga, twice.

I wonder what formation we could play against Reading?

Let me draw one out.

DDG

Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra
Valencia Carrick Scholes Young
Rooney RVP

That is one possibility. In about 5 minutes I will try another one.

Yes.

Away support sung his name at the end, too, suggesting it's somewhat of a consensus.

Our problems aren't his doing (outside of pitting Downing versus Lennon tonight, admittedly), and we're playing some great football. We were undoubtedly the better team tonight at White Heart Lane, a ground we've routinely crumbled at in recent years. Sure, we lost, but that's shit finishing, and that's an issue that existed before he arrived, and one he's declared he wants to turn around.

And La Liga, twice.
It's quite strange.

You look at Liverpool's game and you can't really think of one particular issue which is screaming out for attention...apart from just having better and more capable players really.

Must be super frustrating.

Wilbur

Banned
I wonder what formation we could play against Reading?

Let me draw one out.

DDG

Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra
Valencia Carrick Scholes Young
Rooney RVP

That is one possibility. In about 5 minutes I will try another one.

Lindegaard
Jones Smalling Wooton Buttner
Cleverley Fletcher Anderson
Powell
Hernandez Welbeck

This one is a good one to use against weaker opposition

Top Bottom