• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Meier

Man it's a night like this you can really feel your hate again, the nauseating yellow blue shirt, fuck I hate it, their disgusting fans and their ref luck. Not giving a clear red card, giving a offside goal, not giving another clear penalty to Copenhagen, fuck I'm angry.

Did Brondy beat Copenhagen or something? You didn't give much lead up to the match it if so!

Hixx

I know but... just for the bants

Injured at the moment isn't he? You wanna buy Macheda for cover?

Reckon he might be back for Sunday :(

Which will mean dropping Killa who wasn't far short of our best performer v QPR... not that there were many to compete with him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Walker is back, he was excellent today. Composed defending and no stupid giveaways. If we can get this lopsided back 4 sorted out I think we can go on a run, hopefully in a month or so Kaboul and BAE will be back. Then Dawson and Gallas can be quietly put back in the cupboard.

Wilbur

Banned
Reckon he might be back for Sunday :(

Which will mean dropping Killa who wasn't far short of our best performer v QPR... not that there were many to compete with him.

Bielsa 3-4-3, play Cattermole at the back.

Where's whatshisname, the big 18 year old lad? I've completely forgotten his name :lol Wickham, is that it? Is he injured too?

Arnie

Walker is back, he was excellent today. Composed defending and no stupid giveaways. If we can get this lopsided back 4 sorted out I think we can go on a run, hopefully in a month or so Kaboul and BAE will be back. Then Dawson and Gallas can be quietly put back in the cupboard.

Aye, he was solid, your best defender today I thought. Vertonghen struggled a bit, you really do need BAE back.

Did Brondy beat Copenhagen or something? You didn't give much lead up to the match it if so!

Well it was just a cup match, honestly wouldn't even have been so mad if it wasn't Mr.Brøndby, the dirtiest of all cunts scoring the winning goal (On a clear offside) in his last home match (he's leaving cause they got no money...).

Anyway Brøndby fans invaded the pitch to celebrate as if they had actually won anything (they are still second last in the league and on their way to being bankrupt), then ran down to Copenhagens supporters... Then they started throwing flares into the crowd and it quickly turned pretty nasty, the police quickly broke it up but at one point it looked like it would be a full on fight on the actual pitch.

Bm41R.jpg

PaulLFC

Would you guys be happy if your team sacked a competent manager to then have two 0-0s in a row! I hope he turns it around but I'm not confident. Also I was just stealing Kyofu's thing!
Come on, it's two games. I'm annoyed that some people are having a go at Rodgers, and we've played a lot more than two games under him. One of those two was what, a day after he was appointed? So that's barely even countable. Give him a chance.

Ushojax

Aye, he was solid, your best defender today I thought. Vertonghen struggled a bit, you really do need BAE back.

I've said right from the start that Jan is a horrendous LB but lots of Spurs fans disagree. He is not built to play that position and Sterling and Johnson gave him the runaround today. Literally two strides and they got beyond him and crossed. BAE wouldn't have allowed that, he is so much trickier and has the pace to play there.

Sadly my dear Benoit has suffered a bout of Diabyitis and is perpetually 2-3 weeks away despite being injured 3 months ago.

Arnie

Brondby are fucking boss.

I've said right from the start that Jan is a horrendous LB but lots of Spurs fans disagree. He is not built to play that position and Sterling and Johnson gave him the runaround today. Literally two strides and they got beyond him and crossed. BAE wouldn't have allowed that, he is so much trickier and has the pace to play there.

Sadly my dear Benoit has suffered a bout of Diabyitis and is perpetually 2-3 weeks away despite being injured 3 months ago.
Is that why he's out? I've wondered.

In fairness didn't Vertonghen play left back against United and have a blinder? That's the sort of thing that'll deflect the criticism.

Wilbur

Banned
Come on, it's two games. I'm annoyed that some people are having a go at Rodgers, and we've played a lot more than two games under him. One of those two was what, a day after he was appointed? So that's barely even countable. Give him a chance.

The deification of RDM is pretty funny; rode the fates last season and now an accomplished manager comes in instead and people pooping in anger.

Hixx

Bielsa 3-4-3, play Cattermole at the back.

Where's whatshisname, the big 18 year old lad? I've completely forgotten his name :lol Wickham, is that it? Is he injured too?

Honestly no idea. He's scoring regularly for the reserves and Eng U21s but O'Neill would rather put Saha and Campbell on the bench. Frustrating.

I can't believe you're only one point ahead of Sunderland, after their horrendously awful season so far :lol

What the fuck happened.

We have a game in hand v Reading as well.

PaulLFC

The deification of RDM is pretty funny; rode the fates last season and now an accomplished manager comes in instead and people pooping in anger.
I don't think RDM deserved to be sacked but the fact is he was, so you support who's brought in. As you said Rafa's an accomplished manager with a proven track record, but the majority of Chelsea fans (at least the ones in the crowd anyway) didn't give him a chance, instead deciding to blame him for having the audacity to get appointed manager, just because he isn't Guardiola and "boo hoo he said some things about us when he was in charge of our rivals".

FootballFan

Well it was just a cup match, honestly wouldn't even have been so mad if it wasn't Mr.Brøndby, the dirtiest of all cunts scoring the winning goal (On a clear offside) in his last home match (he's leaving cause they got no money...).

That is awesome, what a way to go. Brondby legend.

You shouldn't care that much though since it's just a cup game.

City had to really dig deep and grind out the win tonight I think, gotta be getting results like that if we want to be champions tho.

Chelsea falling away too, shame, it would make it more interesting if they were contenders too.

Ushojax

I am such a moron. FM Spurs save - I don't register BAE to play league games. He is now a Europa league player.

Bale without BAE is like Simon without Garfunkel. You awful man.

Is that why he's out? I've wondered.

In fairness didn't Vertonghen play left back against United and have a blinder? That's the sort of thing that'll deflect the criticism.

He's a good strong lad and coming from Ajax he is a talented ball player, but even in that game Nani had him on toast. He just forgot how to cross.

That is awesome, what a way to go. Brondby legend.

You shouldn't care that much though since it's just a cup game.

My hate for Brøndby far exceeds any other feelings. Oh I care. Also Mike Jensen is one hell of a dirty player, he's the kind of guy that will kick people laying down... When Jesper Christiansen (our old #1 keeper) was injured in his elbow, he went down and screamed in his face "get up f*g!", he's the very definition of an unlikable player and the best thing about him, was that he had never won over Copenhagen, he had (well actually still got) the record for most games without winning over Copenhagen with 14 matches lol.

Last year when Copenhagen were losing the title and Brøndby were playing against our title rivals, I couldn't even help but root against Brøndby, I truly despise them.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think RDM deserved to be sacked but the fact is he was, so you support who's brought in. As you said Rafa's an accomplished manager with a proven track record, but the majority of Chelsea fans (at least the ones in the crowd anyway) didn't give him a chance, instead deciding to blame him for having the audacity to get appointed manager, just because he isn't Guardiola and "boo hoo he said some things about us when he was in charge of our rivals".

Agreed with you that he shouldn't have been sacked but when he was... boo at Abramovich, not Benitez. Mourinho hasn't half said some shit about everyone in the world but any club (Barca excepted!) would take him. Benitez's reputation in England is fucking ridiculous, I don't understand it.

Mat said something the other day - Megson, played for the club, his dad did, season ticket holder whatever, managed the club and got sacked when they weren't even doing poorly. But they all got behind Jones, and they continue to do so and when he's gone they'll get behind someone else.

xintin

I'm more upset that Luiz has lost his damn mind in defense, Azpilicueta can't cross for shit, Torres can't score and neither Romeu or Mikel seem to be a good fit for this system than anything Rafa has done so far.

And yet somehow, without scoring a goal in two games, we moved back into 3rd today. I can live with it :lol

FootballFan

My hate for Brøndby far exceeds any other feelings. Oh I care. Also Mike Jensen is one hell of a dirty player, he's the kind of guy that will kick people laying down... When Jesper Christiansen (our old #1 keeper) was injured in his elbow, he went down and screamed in his face "get up f*g!", he's the very definition of an unlikable player and the best thing about him, was that he had never won over Copenhagen, he had (well actually still got) the record for most games without winning over Copenhagen with 14 matches lol.

Last year when Copenhagen were losing the title and Brøndby were playing against our title rivals, I couldn't even help but root against Brøndby, I truly despise them.

Yeah I just worded it wrong. I meant it in a "at least it wasn't a league game".

That guy sounds like Pepe though haha. You can get the last laugh if they get relegated :p

Meier

City had to really dig deep and grind out the win tonight I think, gotta be getting results like that if we want to be champions tho.

Lots of errant passes in the 1st half that ended/prevented real chances. I was glad Jimmy took that long shot..too many players on the team are a bit scared to have a go at it it seems. Wigan had a few chances on counters but it was pretty one-sided I thought. Mario and Kun had rather underwhelming performances although Mario at least was able to make up for it a bit by scoring. Our strikers have got to be more clinical -- hopefully Tevez does well this weekend.

Nervous about the game with Everton this weekend despite it being at home. Not thrilled we have them, Dortmund and Man U in an 8 day period -- that's a lot of tough games in a short order. Man U will send their B team to face Cluj and should easily beat Reading as well.

Sloosha

I'm more upset that Luiz has lost his damn mind in defense, Azpilicueta can't cross for shit, Torres can't score and neither Romeu or Mikel seem to be a good fit for this system than anything Rafa has done so far.

And yet somehow, without scoring a goal in two games, we moved back into 3rd today. I can live with it :lol

Oscar has looked pretty awful recently as well.

Here's a better photo showing the amount of piss yellow people running in front of Copenhagens supporters stand to celebrate

VZCC1.jpg

d4qB1.jpg

9t4ee.jpg

cIUsX.jpg

JvbOr.jpg

Great job, especially the Brøndby players who encouraged the supporters coming into the pitch...

Top Bottom