• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Clegg

Zidane vs Keane is an interesting dilemma. ZZ was obviously one of the best players in the world but then again so was Keane.

What do we need more right now? The individual brilliance of Zidane or the drive and grit of Keane?At this very moment we need a Keane type player more imo.

It's hard to say what we would have done when the two were in their prime. Keane was the core of our team from 97 to 03. I wouldn't be able to decide who to keep if I had the choice between the two.

Zidane was the better player but Keane was so important to us.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
:lol

But for real now, Ibra is better than your favorite player. ]

Falcao is already better than Ibra, and he's 5 years younger. Also, not a cunt

isa9iLuvj2Cw2.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Zidane's more than a human, he's more than pyramids, he's the best football player of the last 20 years. You've made an apples to apples comparison which just makes the whole thing worse.

No.

He's second.

200px-Fortune,_Quinton.jpg

Schweinsteiger, obviously. Then Vidal and Yaya.

It's amusing how its only the Bayern players who say Schweini's the best haha. I think he's great, but going on last season Vidal and Yaya bossed him. This year, I reckon Vidal's been as good.

Yaya slackin' this season though.

Jensen

As much as I liked Keane I have always thought of Cantona as being the catalyst for United's dominance of the Premier League.

Clegg

As much as I liked Keane I have always thought of Cantona as being the catalyst for United's dominance of the Premier League.

He started the whole thing off and helped bring the winning culture to United.

Keane took over that mantle when the King retired.

Zidane's more than simply a human, he's more than pyramids, he's the best football player of the last 20 years. You've made an apples to apples comparison which just makes the whole thing worse.
I never said Keane was better than Zidane.

I just wouldn't swap them.

Just like I wouldn't swap our 99 team for Barca's 2008-2010 team. The Barca team is better and won more with more style and with better players - but naturally the 99 team is special to us.

I don't think a Liverpool fan saying they'd rather have Gerrard than Zidane or Iniesta or Xavi or anybody would be that crazy. It's not. Gerrard is special for Liverpool fans for reasons which extend well beyond his ability as a player.

I just think relating that through an analogy about the pyramids is well over the top and more than a bit tacky.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I thought Keane was more an Antonio Conte than a player like Zidane?

Edit: Beaten by my man Laboured!

K1LLER7

I See Iniesta as a Zidane type of player. Not as good though.

My top 3, who i've seen play would be: Best Ronaldo > Messi > Zidane

Keane was vastly underrated as a player.

Zidane was obv better but in terms of influence on the team I think I'd choose Keane.
No. If you were picking one player for a team it would easily be Zidane. Not even a debate.

Luckily for us we had Keane and then several other really good players who as a team managed to win us the lot.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
On a more serious note, Conte wasn't the most talented player, but he had a massive influence on the pitch and in the dressing room.

And by influence I don't mean refs har har.

You took our Shit (pogba) and you can keep him :p

We got Bebe!

we will give you the 1999 CL semi final if you give us pogba

I don't even like him. Every time I look at his face I remember Verratti.

elsk

Banned
It's amusing how its only the Bayern players who say Schweini's the best haha. I think he's great, but going on last season Vidal and Yaya bossed him. This year, I reckon Vidal's been as good.

Yaya slackin' this season though.

...? Schweini was out injured like 80% of last season. And he played injured the last part of the season, Real Madrid match and CL final included.
Maybe is because we are the only ones watching Bayern every week? Schweinsteiger is better than Yaya in pretty much everything but in physical attributes. I think Vidal is on the same level as Schweinsteiger, but the formation and tactics in Juve allow him to shine much more. Still, I think Vidal will be better in the long run, given the difference of age.

The only match where Schweinsteiger didn't start, Bayern ended up losing against BATE. Think about it. He's the most important part of the team, IMO.

Wilbur

Banned
Wanted's one of the worst films I've ever seen. It's up there with Tron.

Yeah it was fucking cock.

James McAvoy trying to do anything but act foppish.

Angelina Jolie trying to do anything but pout.

Morgan Freeman being Morgan Freeman but saying motherfucker and deluding the world into thinking he's now playing some sort of gangster version of Morgan Freeman

Wilbur

Banned
...? Schweini was injured like 80% of last season.
Maybe is because we are the only ones watching Bayern every week? Schweinsteiger is better than Yaya in pretty much everything but in physical attributes. I think Vidal is on the same level as Schweinsteiger, but the formation and tactics in Juve allow him to shine much more. Still, I think Vidal will be better in the long run, given the difference of age.

Yeah I know Schweini was injured, so it seems a little premature to say Schweini by a long distance or undeniably. He was in the few years before that, and he's a great player, but there was a bit of a dearth of box-to-box players for a while and Schweini was the only one I could think of.

Then Yaya moved to City and started playing in midfield again, Vidal was playing really well for Leverkusen and all of a sudden he had some competition.

From what I've seen of Bayern this year (all their CL games and 4-5 Bundes matches), he's been very good. But I do think Vidal is the better player.

Arnie

Yeah it was fucking cock.

James McAvoy trying to do anything but act foppish.

Angelina Jolie trying to do anything but pout.

Morgan Freeman being Morgan Freeman but saying motherfucker and deluding the world into thinking he's now playing some sort of gangster version of Morgan Freeman

hahahahahaha

I've just got to the 'you are my son' line.

Star Wars.

Clegg

No. If you were picking one player for a team it would easily be Zidane. Not even a debate.

Luckily for us we had Keane and then several other really good players who as a team managed to win us the lot.

I'm talking about our current United team. If I had to choose one from the two then I'd pick Keane. He would fill that huge hole we have in midfield. Rooney and RVP aren't as good as Zidane but we're in a great position with them anyway.

If you're starting from a blank canvas and get to pick one player to build your team around then Zidane is first choice every time.

But right now a Keane type player is needed more imo.

Keane was vastly underrated as a player.

Zidane was obv better but in terms of influence on the team I think I'd choose Keane.

The best thing about Keane was that he was basically the mouthpiece and living embodiment of Fergie on the pitch. Make no mistake he was an utter shit but he was good at getting that bit extra out the team around him. That and he was not a slouch technically.

Arnie

My current jacket, which I've owned for nearly three years, is a naughty Calvin Klein number from TK Maxx that cost me £40. Plain black, suaver than Bond's balls. When its time is up I'll shed actual tears.

Wilbur

Banned
I hate not having money. For some reason no one ever wants me :( Waterstones haven't even replied.

I don't even write "I'm a paedophile on my CV"

kharma45

motherfucker no

I refuse to spend more than £45 on shoes/coats.

£25 on trousers/jumpers/shirts

£15 on t-shirts

I'm the same, I'm rather... tight lol. Don't get rich by spending money! I just can't bring myself to spend big money on clothes. My gf always has other ideas though.

My current jacket, which I've owned for nearly three years, is a naughty Calvin Klein number from TK Maxx that cost me £40. Plain black, suaver than Bond's balls. When it's time is up I'll shed actual tears.
Its always sad when a piece of clothing like that comes to an end.

I used to have a pair of Nike trainers, white and green ones. There was nothing special about them like they weren't limited edition or anything but I loved them. Wore them beyond the point of practicality, then my mum threw them away..

</3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I hate shopping for clothes, I'm just too lazy. To the point that my girlfriend goes out of her way and GIFTS me new stuff.
KuGsj.gif

-

Allegri "Despite our league position we're the number one team in terms of possession, so we have to defend better and be more awake in certain situations."

I'll miss his nonsense next season.

Wilbur

Banned
I bet you paste in print screens of your greatest FM achievements.

Previous employment

Vue Cinema
- handled sales of tickets and concessions
- helped customers with enquiries

Little Angels
- helped customers with all enquiries and sales
- handled deliveries, phone calls and stock checking

Football Manager
- won Johnstones Paint Trophy with Accrington Stanley
- sold Nani for far more than he's fucking worth

elsk

Banned
Keyboard_cfc99b_278332.gif

Guarin > Espinoza

too bad he's always injured :(

Why do Dortmund and Bayern always play at the same time? They only show Bayern in the states! why

They rarely play at the same time. They even broadcast Dortmund matches in América Latina now hahaha

And Stuttgart too because they have some random mexican player who is shit

Aquivaldo >>>>> all.

;_;

I'm going to start watching german futbol on TVC. Maybe I could start supporting a humble team with lots of charm.

Top Bottom