• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Scum

Vieira and Keane were awesome!

OT - I'm just flicking through some dossiers from the Shadow Broker on chars in ME2 and this made me laugh.

Miranda Lawson
Subscription Activated: After Dark Fashions

5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Salvadora

The Gunners boss said: "Apart from long-term injuries I get a bit confused because we have so many players who come back with injuries or small injuries. We need to see how they are today.

"Cazorla only landed last night and we will see how he is this morning (Friday). Szczesny, Sagna, Walcott, Chamberlain, Arteta, Giroud - there are so many - I think I will need a few doctors this morning.

"Arteta has a little hip problem and Giroud has come back with a hamstring and calf problem."
This is fucking incredible. Who isn't injured.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is fucking incredible. Who isn't injured.

We have a similar list of knocks but most of them are the kind of thing you play through. I expect all those 'doubtful' players to make the squad, same for us. You always get these niggles during the November international week, people are skiving, some have been overplayed, it's normal.

Turok_TTZ

Couple of months back he came in here several times claiming that Benzema was going to announce his intention to leave Madrid on November 10th or something. This guy apparently knows the broad who's banging his best friend's cousin, who is Benzema's agent.

Now he's in here saying Benzema will leave in summer. Again, lololol.

aren't we a bit aggressive here? how did u come up with the bolded? Not once have I mentioned anyone "banging" another.

to clarify: my source is someone who works in finance (banking,accounting,etc) who happens to be acquainted with Karim Djaziri, Benzema's current agent.

Benz will stay if mou leaves by season's end. Benz will leave if mou continues on next season. Benz remains at odds with Mourinho, sadly he isn't the only one but thats for another time. I really respect Benzema for staying classy and keeping it quiet so far. his agent also has done a damn good job too, none of the press or even tabloids are picking this up. wonder why he is letting my guy know this stuff.

As stated before, this is a rumour for the time being. until i can gather evidence backing my info it will remain a rumour. hopefully by jan or feb, Benz is convinced to stay. Madrid need him more than higuain.

Salvadora

Ush posted about that earlier. It's the "It's getting cold" injury syndrome that happens to many around this time.
I copied and pasted because I didn't want to quote the image :p
We have a similar list of knocks but most of them are the kind of thing you play through. I expect all those 'doubtful' players to make the squad, same for us. You always get these niggles during the November international week, people are skiving, some have been overplayed, it's normal.

You've forgotten the Arsenal effect in which many players have 'niggles' yet remain out for inexplicable lengths of time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal is our top scorer with 8 goals. :(

We should stop passing the ball to him from now on. Quag pls.

-

The media linking Suarez with us again, hilarious.

-No money.
-Liverpool won't sell their best player.
-He doesn't want to leave.
-We don't need a second striker with Giovinco and Vucinic. Even though he's better than all our strikers combined.

Scum

Vidal is our top scorer with 8 goals. :(

We should stop passing the ball to him from now on. Quag pls.

-

The media linking Suarez with us again, hilarious.

-No money.
-Liverpool won't sell their best player.
-He doesn't want to leave.
-We don't need a second striker with Giovinco and Vucinic. Even though he's better than all our strikers combined.

Transfer muppetry in Jan. Oh dear...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You've forgotten the Arsenal effect in which many players have 'niggles' yet remain out for inexplicable lengths of time.

Oh I haven't forgotten. It's spread to us now with Parker and Assou-Ekotto stuck in the Injury Bermuda Traingle with Diaby and Gibbs.

pulga

Banned
aren't we a bit aggressive here? how did u come up with the bolded? Not once have I mentioned anyone "banging" another.

to clarify: my source is someone who works in finance (banking,accounting,etc) who happens to be acquainted with Karim Djaziri, Benzema's current agent.

Benz will stay if mou leaves by season's end. Benz will leave if mou continues on next season. Benz remains at odds with Mourinho, sadly he isn't the only one but thats for another time. I really respect Benzema for staying classy and keeping it quiet so far. his agent also has done a damn good job too, none of the press or even tabloids are picking this up. wonder why he is letting my guy know this stuff.

As stated before, this is a rumour for the time being. until i can gather evidence backing my info it will remain a rumour. hopefully by jan or feb, Benz is convinced to stay. Madrid need him more than higuain.

Its hyperbole, which is coincidentally much of what youve been posting here.

Jensen

Benz to United, any chance of it happening?

Clegg

One RAWK member's attempt to describe the career of Steven Gerrard.

An attempt to describe his Liverpool career is futile. No one can portray the breathtaking beauty of the Iguazu waterfalls, nor question the structure of the Acropolis. That is why it is best to return to the beginning. The ability to trace the origin of a phenomenon is rare. No one knows who created the universe or how the pyramids were built, but it is clear when Gerrard was destined for greatness.

Surely this must be a United fan taking the piss?

Salvadora

Oh I haven't forgotten. It's spread to us now with Parker and Assou-Ekotto stuck in the Injury Bermuda Traingle with Diaby and Gibbs.

I think I've written off Diaby at this point but it's such a shame that Gibbs is perennially injured. He's such a talented player and all teams seem to do now is target our left hand side which is understandable considering our options. I have to work during the Arsenal/Spurs match but I think that could be a blessing in disguise.

lol @ Schweinsteiger. He's a decent deep-lying-play-maker, but that's about it. As people said he's good at certain things, but ineffective at others. He doesn't even have the stamina nor the speed to compete with top b2bs + his willpower/tenacity is very questionable. And it's about time to develop that, since he's nearing his 30ies.

A young, goddamn fucking Biscuit has double the amount of the aforementioned qualities (still he's not fast enough/doesn't have the stamina to run back and forth between the goals)

Dibbz

I copied and pasted because I didn't want to quote the image :p

Time moves very slow at Arsenal. There must be an event horizon as you walk through the door at the Emirates. Or would that speed time up, not sure but I think we need to change the doors.

Fry

lol @ Schweinsteiger. He's a decent deep-lying-play-maker, but that's about it. As people said he's good at certain things, but ineffective at others. He doesn't even have the stamina nor the speed to compete with top b2bs + his willpower/tenacity is very questionable. And it's about time to develop that, since he's nearing his 30ies.

A young, goddamn fucking Biscuit has double the amount of the aforementioned qualities (still he's not fast enough/doesn't have the stamina to run back and forth between the goals)

ibwgqoBlE3B1Cx.gif

Turok_TTZ

Having said that, I don't need a source to say this: come the end of this season, regardless of what happens... Benzema or Higuain will leave. Real Madrid have done well to keep both strikers for as long as they have so far. if anyone recalls last summer, Higuain was very close to leaving Real Madrid. Mourinho managed convince higuain to stay, but I think this is what set off Benz's current situation.

the reasons for both are simple and the same. Benzema and Higuain are both young, 24 years of age and are coming into their prime years. During this time most strikers shud be consistent starters for their respective teams. Neither Benz or Higuain are willing to be a backup striker, they both want the starter role and for good reason. For their own development and career, nothing wrong with that. Benz is made that clear before and is doing so right now, Higuain made that clear last summer.

Normally, you want 1 elite striker and 1 backup. each which roles are clearly defined in the team. for example benz being that elite striker who is starting each game as he is the 1st choice. and the backup guy.... someone in their 30's. one who accepts their backup role and just do their job when they are needed. but instead we have two strikers who dont like to be benched, dont want to share their starting spot, and quite frankly dont want to compromise anymore. Higuain currently is satisfied and happy with life in madrid so far as he is the starter now. Benz, on the other hand is considering his options but I believe he has more than what it takes to retake his spot. whether mourinho will let him do so remains to be seen and is pretty much the problem really. who is to say this wont happen to higuain? mourinho is not loyal to any player.

Scum

Is there any truth to the story of van Persie having his own physio last season? Which explained why he practically stayed injury free all season? I mean these injuries at Arsenal just seem plain absurd.

Salvadora

Is there any truth to the story of van Persie having his own physio last season? Which explained why he practically stayed injury free all season? I mean these injuries at Arsenal just seem plain absurd.
I'm not sure to be honest but I've heard that some of the Dutch national team share the same physio? I could be wrong about that. Diaby on the other hand has his on physio and look how that's ended up.

Arnie

Having said that, I don't need a source to say this: come the end of this season, regardless of what happens... Benzema or Higuain will leave. Real Madrid have done well to keep both strikers for as long as they have so far. if anyone recalls last summer, Higuain was very close to leaving Real Madrid. Mourinho managed convince higuain to stay, but I think this is what set off Benz's current situation.

the reasons for both are simple and the same. Benzema and Higuain are both young, 24 years of age and are coming into their prime years. During this time most strikers shud be consistent starters for their respective teams. Neither Benz or Higuain are willing to be a backup striker, they both want the starter role and for good reason. For their own development and career, nothing wrong with that. Benz is made that clear before and is doing so right now, Higuain made that clear last summer.

Normally, you want 1 elite striker and 1 backup. each which roles are clearly defined in the team. for example benz being that elite striker who is starting each game as he is the 1st choice. and the backup guy.... someone in their 30's. one who accepts their backup role and just do their job when they are needed. but instead we have two strikers who dont like to be benched, dont want to share their starting spot, and quite frankly dont want to compromise anymore. Higuain currently is satisfied and happy with life in madrid so far as he is the starter now. Benz, on the other hand is considering his options but I believe he has more than what it takes to retake his spot. whether mourinho will let him do so remains to be seen and is pretty much the problem really. who is to say this wont happen to higuain? mourinho is not loyal to any player.

Frogson pls.

dc89

One RAWK member's attempt to describe the career of Steven Gerrard.

Surely this must be a United fan taking the piss?

Incredible. Imagine if Ryan Giggs got divorced and his wife took half of everything. She'd have 6 (?) Premier League medals moer than Stevie G.

Fry

Incredible. Imagine if Ryan Giggs got divorced and his wife took half of everything. She'd have 6 (?) Premier League medals moer than Stevie G.

That says more about Man Utd and Liverpool, doesn't it?

Gerrard's been pretty mediocre for the past two years, but he was fucking brilliant from his 23's to his 30's.

Top Bottom