• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Arnie

I enjoy Neville's commentary, to be honest. It's the best that's available, so relatively speaking I'm pleased when it's him over any one of the other spoghorns Sky employ. He at least knows about football, or can verbalise his thoughts on football better than the others, and so I feel like he's a benefit to me. Unlike Niall Quinn. Or Alan Smith.

Kyoufu

I enjoy Neville's commentary, to be honest. It's the best that's available, so relatively speaking I'm pleased when it's him over any one of the other spoghorns Sky employ. He at least knows about football, or can verbalise his thoughts on football better than the others, and so I feel like he's a benefit to me. Unlike Niall Quinn. Or Alan Smith.

Agreed.

Alan Smith for me is the worst. He just never sounds like he wants to be there. It's like he's on morphine and is just chilling.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Just eating lunch here and watching the game.

A75vbYcCYAAQZNK.jpg

I'm dying.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Howard Webb is the ref and Chris Foy the fourth official.

Goody.

Fintan

People can complain about Neville's voice or his "smoothness" or whatever on commentary, but he's still probably the best they have. Niall Quinn seems like a nice enough guy, but something about his commentary annoys me.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

Definitely agree. I think Neville's the best thing about English football punditry at the moment.

Arnie

People can complain about Neville's voice or his "smoothness" or whatever on commentary, but he's still probably the best they have. Niall Quinn seems like a nice enough guy, but something about his commentary annoys me.

Exactly, relatively he's the best. I don't really mind his whiny voice, either, I've got one of my own so I'm used to it.

Going to miss kick off. Hope Adebayour saves his hat trick for the final third.

That's exactly what it is. Smothered in salt and vinegar as well.

Good man. Never had it myself, don't have any urge to eat it, but I certainly respect it.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Yum. Another SPL draw for Celtic today do we think?
I hope so tbh (or a narrow win). I want the players to have one eye on Benfica. Score draw in that game and we're through. Don't mind Hibs having their day in the sun either.

Niall McGinn seems like a good player. Probably the right move for him at the time to get away.

Haha! No! I made it so if over 2.5 goals comes off, the bet on both teams to score in both halfs would basically be free. Very small stakes.

Only £200 this time? :p

I've got a Goals Galor bet today.

Mumei, can you temp-ban me if I talk about placing a real bet between Monday and say, December 15th? Need to prove to myself that I can resist the urge :(

Free bets and the like are exempt. Talking of which, if anyone plans to join bwin, can you PM me first? Cheers

Wilbur

Banned
Arsenal to win 3-1

I can't believe over half of the United fans here think Keane was a better footballer than Zidane :lol wow

Nah. Just that with the power of hindsight, knowing that Keane defined our team's identity on the pitch for a decade in which we were the most successful club in the country, would we swap them?

Wilbury pm'ed me that. I think you need to ban him.

please dont i've been a good boy this time

Feorax

Looks like we're playing 4-2-3-1 today:

Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Sterling, Allen, Gerrard, Assaidi, Suso, Suarez.

Suso as no 10. Aww yeah...

dc89

Two little bets on the premier league today.

United, Everton and City all to win. 3/1 - safe bet.

Then a 6 fold accumulator based on a mixture of over 1.5 and 2.5 bets. 9/1. - more ambitious but still a high chance of it coming in.

GorillaJu

Looks like we're playing 4-2-3-1 today:

Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Sterling, Allen, Gerrard, Assaidi, Suso, Suarez.

Suso as no 10. Aww yeah...

Interesting team. Hope Assaidi brings it today. Would be nice to have some real wide men at the club.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Derek Rae being a bit disrespectful in his ESPN commentary here, lol. 'Aberdeen have been skewered many times by Celtic since the formation of the SPL; in some respects, their favourite punching bag.'

What did they say?

People are being unfair, they're looking at every mistake in a bubble, they're holding him to standards which are too high, they're ignoring good performances and just concentrating on the odd mistake. The usual shite they come up with when an English player is out of form.

Please get in the box today Assaidi. Obvious coaching lesson #1, when the ball's on the other wing, get your arse in the box. FUCK

People are being unfair, they're looking at every mistake in a bubble, they're holding him to standards which are too high, they're ignoring good performances and just concentrating on the odd mistake. The usual shite they come up with when an English player is out of form.
In fairness Hart has been "off form" for maybe a month or two.

Reina has been making mistakes for a while now. Longer than a season.

Please get in the box today Assaidi. Obvious coaching lesson #1, when the ball's on the other wing, get your arse in the box. FUCK

Sounds exactly like what they do with De Gea.

In fairness Hart has been "off form" for maybe a month or two.

Reina has been making mistakes for a while now. Longer than a season.

When his poor form started, they were already looking for errors, and blaming him for goals which he couldn't really do anything about. Kinda like people do with Johnson still. And when Reina does have a good performance, its overlooked and the focus is one the one punch that he doesn't quite get enough distance on.

Watch him let in a Gary Caldwell hatrick now :p

@KidA, precisely

Sage00

Once And Future Member
If you're a keeper at a team with top 4 aspirations then you're called upon only a few times over the 90 minutes to do your job. If you make a mistake even 1/10 of those times it's too much. High pressure job, but that's why good keepers go for so much.

They pointed out that England were winning when Caulker came off. Will they do the same for Shawcross? :p

Forgot to change my FPL team again. No matter, at least 2 of them won't be playing anyway

Top Bottom