• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Reading RDMs comments on our Brazilian players and Mata travelling so far has me a bit concerned at the team we're putting out today.

I would leave out Luiz certainly (ivanovic and Cahill at cb) azpili right and Bertrand left if cole isn't fit.

But we need ramires and one of Oscar and mata. Perhaps play Mata and Marin (with Hazard) and rest up Oscar so he's fit to terrorise Pirlo again on Tuesday :)

Anderson

Going to miss the derby today! :(

Good luck to my Arsenal bros!

"All of Wenger's injury doubts for #thfc pass fitness tests (shock) and latest on Diaby, Gibbs, Gervinho"

Everyone ready and hearing poldolski is starting up front, with Arshavin in for Giroud, this could be madness or a master stroke, my money's on the former

Plasma

Banned
So nervous about today need a result against the scum.

Been some rumours going around that Podolski will start upfront with Arshavin on the left.

xintin

Reading RDMs comments on our Brazilian players and Mata travelling so far has me a bit concerned at the team we're putting out today.

I would leave out Luiz certainly (ivanovic and Cahill at cb) azpili right and Bertrand left if cole isn't fit.

But we need ramires and one of Oscar and mata. Perhaps play Mata and Marin (with Hazard) and rest up Oscar so he's fit to terrorise Pirlo again on Tuesday :)
Ramires, Oscar and Luiz all went the full 90', didn't they? Mikel and Romeu partnered and Moses getting a start wouldn't be too surprising today.

lol you made me smile, the night is a little bit less ruined now. I just wish i had some of dat Italian / southern European swag with the ladies.

It's easy: just be a dick/douche, lol
(of course that's sweeping generalization and no disrespect to individuals, but I even had Italians complain to me about the above)

My current jacket, which I've owned for nearly three years, is a naughty Calvin Klein number from TK Maxx that cost me £40. Plain black, suaver than Bond's balls. When its time is up I'll shed actual tears.
Yes, TK Maxx is the shit (sometimes). I recently purchased a CK merino wool jacket for 30€ and before that a great business suit for 35 (down from 250), lol. I'm currently stocking up on them so it's great to have those bargains.

Schedule
Arsenal - Spurs: will prolly miss it.
Dortmund - Fürth
Juventus - Lazio
Napoli - AC Milan: will prolly miss it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So nervous about today need a result against the scum.

Been some rumours going around that Podolski will start upfront with Arshavin on the left.

Arshavin and Vermaelen on the left side?

1874360_w2.jpg

Reaction gifs should be prohibited unless they're newly created or edited. Of course that would be hard to enforce, so maybe there should at least be a need for a statement to accompany it.

sohois

It is actually really tame right now since fourth-fifths of the most active (and frankly, nuttiest) members are banned. I mean, look what happened a few days before that!

Yes, all those broken Minus links was them spamming one image.

Wait, how did most of Pop Gaf get banned? Was there some sort of mass banning thread? Did you, in a fit of rage, turn on them?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not feeling today's match at all. All I care about is
losing to
Chelsea in CL. Here's praying nobody gets injured in Juve - Lazio.

Nothing hinges on the Lazio game whereas so much (even financially) depends on Juve-Chelsea. Let's just do whatever tonight.

Does Nazio have a chance? This game is on at the same time as the United match so I don't know which one to watch.

Barça plays at 2 our time so these are my appetizers

No one scares me more than Lazio. :/ Expect a tight game.

rest up Oscar so he's fit to terrorise Pirlo again on Tuesday :)

Beardlo is rested too. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

If you mark Pirlo, you'll open space for Vidal and Marchisio #Keikaku. Vidal scored the first and Marchisio assisted both.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Rossi's ex wife:
“As his wife, then as his ex-wife, I always told him to take the money and leave,” Tamara Pisnoli told RTL 102.5 radio.

“However, he always replied that he is attached to this jersey, to the team and his city, so could not do that to the fans. Only now he sees those same fans turning against him.

“Gratitude doesn’t exist in football, as they all say that Daniele is playing badly without adding that the entire team is not exactly doing well.”

De Rossi has been heavily linked with bids by PSG, Chelsea and Manchester City, but his ex-wife doubts he’ll ever leave his home town.

“Has he lost his desire to stay with Roma? No, unfortunately. He loves Roma and the fans too much.”

DeRossiAquilani.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Julien Laurens ‏@LaurensJulien Im hearing that Hugo Lloris will start for Tottenham today at the Emirates against Arsenal #thfc #afc

iErP0y4UwFSj5.gif

Mumei

Wait, how did most of Pop Gaf get banned? Was there some sort of mass banning thread? Did you, in a fit of rage, turn on them?

They were openly asking for PMs to trade a link to a website with a stream + download of a new album. And it's only a week. :p

GorillaJu

Shit.

I got Morsel'd

:(

I can't remember who it was but someone here said "wait there are people who think that wasn't a red?" During the United Arsenal game, then when everyone said "no, no one said that," he came back with "Wow lol half the non-United fans think that wasn't a red I can't believe it"

Paraphrasing from memory
They were openly asking for PMs to trade a link to a website with a stream + download of a new album. And it's only a week. :p

Boring :p

I was hoping you banned everyone for spamming the same stupid gif over and over. We would never do that in FootyGaf (because the Alaba image is a jpg)

I can't remember who it was but someone here said "wait there are people who think that wasn't a red?" During the United Arsenal game, then when everyone said "no, no one said that," he came back with "Wow lol half the non-United fans think that wasn't a red I can't believe it"

Paraphrasing from memory

Boring :p

I was hoping you banned everyone for spamming the same stupid gif over and over. We would never do that in FootyGaf (because the Alaba image is a jpg)
Soi-Fong :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I feel bad for De Rossi, such a fantastic player wasted in Roma. I want him to win SOMETHING in his career with his boyhood club, but at the same time I don't want Roma to win ANYTHING.

I'm so confused.

Also, related since I'm talking about one-club players:

Ibra: "Every time we play against Steven Gerrard, the coach always says to be careful because he is the player that makes the difference, but I would like to see Steven in – of course, Liverpool is a big club – but in a big international club."

Meh, I'd retire with Liverpool with no regrets whatsoever:

_41185499_ger.jpg

I bet that tasted sweeter than all of Ibra's domestic titles combined.

sohois

Wait, Pop Gaf actually listen to Pop Music? All along i thought the whole thing was an excuse for gif posting, gossiping and internet catfights

Arsenal line-up:

Szczesny; Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen; Arteta, Wilshere; Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski; Giroud.

Subs:
Mannone, Jenkinson, Santos, Coquelin, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arshavin.

Arnie

I bet that tasted sweeter than all of Ibra's domestic titles combined.

Without a doubt.

Get to watch copious amounts of football today with my little brother and my dad, both of whom I haven't seen since late August. And I've got left over Chinese to nibble on. Solid.

Looks like AVB crumbled under the pressure and went to 442.

It is actually really tame right now since fourth-fifths of the most active (and frankly, nuttiest) members are banned. I mean, look what happened a few days before that!

Yes, all those broken Minus links was them spamming one image.

Did you guys have to draw straws to decide who moderates that thread?

If I posted in there, they could be abusing me all day and I wouldn't know, since their language, nonexistent grammar, sentence structure and rampant apparently meaningless gif-spamming is so alien to me. Do you ever worry about that? :p

And why has nobody made me any gifs from the A-League video, especially 2:25? :(

@Arnie, Neville's a poor commentator, but a brilliant pundit imo. Unfortunately, he's better than Quinn or Wilkins (especially the former) so they have him in the commentary box and away from the studio a little too often

LegoArmo

Haha! No! I made it so if over 2.5 goals comes off, the bet on both teams to score in both halfs would basically be free. Very small stakes.

Top Bottom