• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Wilbur

Banned
Oh Spurs.

On one hand I feel for them - might be the AVB love, but there's not much he can do if one of his players is jumping about like a fucking moron into tackles.

Is there anything AVB can do in terns if subs? It's just damage limitation now.

Not really. You risk losing a wide outlet if Bale/Lennon go, you risk losing defensive protection if Sandro/Huddlestone go, and you risk losing your goal threat if Defoe goes off. Sigurdsson and Dempsey will just come on to rest players as opposed to be game changing, surely.

Dembele's a huge miss in games like this.

On one hand I feel for them - might be the AVB love, but there's not much he can do if one of his players is jumping about like a fucking moron into tackles.

Not really. You risk losing a wide outlet if Bale/Lennon go, you risk losing defensive protection if Sandro/Huddlestone go, and you risk losing your goal threat if Defoe goes off. Sigurdsson and Dempsey will just come on to rest players as opposed to be game changing, surely.

Dembele's a huge miss in games like this.

Sigurdsson would be the most dumbfounding sub of all time

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
3-1 isn't as comfortable of a scoreline as some might think. Only takes Spurs to score next to panic the stadium and fans

lol

We aren't even as good as Fulham plus we have 10 men, it's not going to happen. Without Dembele we can't spring a counter effectively.

Blablurn

ribery-rafinha-514.jpg

dc89

I was expecting a tight game at The Emirates. I went for over 1.5 in the accumulator - I honestly didn't expect Spurs to go down to 10 men, not in the first 15.

Still, one game won, 5 to go. Yes Jeff, I will be updating.

Arnie

On one hand I feel for them - might be the AVB love, but there's not much he can do if one of his players is jumping about like a fucking moron into players
It's definitely your AVB love.

I said before the game that AVB bottled it, he shouldn't have played Ade and Defoe. People screamed for 442, but if he believes in his system he should've stuck to it.

Wilshere, Arteta and Cazorla are having a field day. With Adebayor on, Spurs were able to compensate the 1 man deficit in CM by having him come very deep, hold up the ball and have others push on. Now he's got himself (deservedly) sent off, Spurs have no outlet, so not only can they not keep the ball, but their midfield can't cope. Us stretching the game is making it even tougher for them.

K1LLER7

Wasn't a red. Cazorla bought it with his cheat tactics.

Rooney not scoring is a bit of a worry but we have RVP and Chicha banging them in from everywhere. Rooney isn't playing as a striker either.
Typical arsenal :p

Still would've liked Rooney to score more. He's playing in the same position he played last year and it didn't stop him from scoring so much last year. He usually has a purple patch where he starts scoring goals regularly. Hope he finds that form again. Expecting 20+ from him this season.

Wilbur

Banned
BAE and Dembele are big misses here though; arguably Kaboul as well but Gallas and Vertonghen haven't been bad to be fair.

The problem is they're effectively playing with 9 men now because Defoe is too isolated and I don't see him being told to drop deeper.

Wilbur

Banned
It's definitely your AVB love.

I said before the game that AVB bottled it, he shouldn't have played Ade and Defoe. People screamed for 442, but if he believe in his system he should've stuck to it.

They were playing well though; Ade is far better in AVB's system than Defoe is, but without van der Vaart there Defoe's the most obvious choice to pick if you need someone to benefit from Ade's hold up and link up play.

I don't think the system was a problem because it was working well, it was relying on Ade to keep his head and he couldn't.

Typical arsenal :p

Still would've liked Rooney to score more. He's playing in the same position he played last year and it didn't stop him from scoring so much last year. He usually has a purple patch where he starts scoring goals regularly. Hope he finds that form again. Expecting 20+ from him this season.
Hes playing a similar position but a different role. Last year the onus was on him to get goals and get in the box, to take shots and the responsibility for getting the goals.

This year he holds his position alot more. He's on 7 assists already this year. I think that was his total for last year.

PJX

Paper Round: Arsenal to offer Walcott for Sterling

The Sun's headline reads ' Theo + £8m for Raheem', which pretty much tells the whole story.

Walcott for Sterling? That's an insult. That's like United going to Napoli and saying "Hey we'll give you Bebe for Cavani.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dempsey and Dawson coming on.

Whogivesashit.gif

We've gone to 3 at the back.

bud

sterling? haha.

no, thanks. i'd much rather have walcott in my team.

sterling is grossly overrated by liverpool fans.

I was expecting a tight game at The Emirates. I went for over 1.5 in the accumulator - I honestly didn't expect Spurs to go down to 10 men, not in the first 15.

Still, one game won, 5 to go. Yes Jeff, I will be updating.

But whhhhhhhy? Nobody cares :p

The betting stuff is a drain on the thread

K1LLER7

Hes playing a similar position but a different role. Last year the onus was on him to get goals and get in the box, to take shots and the responsibility for getting the goals.

This year he holds his position alot more. He's on 7 assists already this year. I think that was his total for last year.
I don't see why that should have changed for him. I'd still have it as an aim for him to be grabbing 15-20 goals from that position. It shouldn't stop him from making late runs into the box, taking shots, etc. Tbh he should be scoring around 15-20 goals a season imo. He's proved he can before and even with RVP there, it shouldn't really stop him for going for goals.

He's not had the best start to the season, injuries and stuff. Hope he kicks on.

Disclaimer to my previous post: I don't mind the betting posts as such its just sometimes it seems there's more posts about accumalators than the matches themselves

Top Bottom