• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Stamford Bridge is never buzzing.

And you've got bigger problems.

What bigger problems?

ihRgUVZagKzgH.gif

Zabojnik

Strootman saving Roma from an embarrassing defeat?

They kinda deserved to win. There was a clear pen for Roma. Looks like they're in some sort of reverse-luck period. They were scoring from every fucking chance before, now they can't put it in if it kills them.

Anyway, 1-1 is a great result for us. Godo.

Garjon

I may as well have just gone back to sleep for this match. That, at least, is the only way we'd have a shot at the title.

Awful. Awful. Awful. I'm surprised there isn't going to be an investigation into match fixing based on the amount of times our defenders just failed to clear the ball or idiotically put the ball into their own net for no reason whatsoever.

sohois

Steve Bruce must have some kind of voodoo curse, the way he is able to snatch these wins, like with the beach ball.

Defence was strange today, without bad individual performances but not functioning as a unit - well Johnson was complete crap. Toure and Skrtel seemed to have no understanding between them, both the second half goals could have been prevented if they had a bit of communication. Flanagan was again solid but no attacking prowess.

Midfield was fine, had no troubles controlling possession, not to much to say.

Suarez was very poor and in the end this is what really killed Liverpool. If either he or Sturridge isn't performing then Liverpool don't perform, simple as. Moses was pretty shit but had so little to work with. Stirling was the brightest attacker by far and his sub was baffling. Coutinho was great when he came on and it doesn't seem like he was unfit at all, probably could have started. In any case, there is no reason whatsoever to keep Moses around. He might be a bit more consistent over the course of the season than Stirling, but for me I see no reason not to just give Stirling all of the minutes that Moses would have.

Suen

They kinda deserved to win. There was a clear pen for Roma. Looks like they're in some sort of reverse-luck period. They were scoring from every fucking chance before, now they can't put it in if it kills them.

Anyway, 1-1 is a great result for us. Godo.
Those fuckers deserve it after Gervi dive against Parma. Roma can fuck off. Now I'm hoping for a draw in Juve - Udinese and Lazio - Napoli. Football spirits pls.

TeddyBoy

Hull in no way deserve to win this game, supremely lucky with their goals. A draw would be the fair result here, but that's just football, plenty of results against the grain

Hull deserved to win the game, they actually wanted to win today. Liverpool didn't. Liverpool were shocking, Suarez was shocking, just didn't care about passing or any team player. Sterling and Moses were awful, didn't do anything. Lucas was ok and distributed the game ok, Gerrard didn't do much besides score and didn't give any of his now normal long balls.

Flanagan didn't do much going forward and his link up play with Moses was none existent. Johnson should've been taken off at half time, he was god awful. Skrtel was good and unlucky with the deflections and Toure tried but didn't do much.

Mignolet did what he could.

Alberto didn't do much at all coming on and Coutinho tried to pass it around but really couldn't much with no one around him.

Awful performance all round.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Truly horrid stuff from Liverpool.

We have been getting away with some bad habits & poor performances, especially away from home for too long. Hull deserved their easy win.

GorillaJu

Fuming after that performance. Team was completely out of sync, like when you choose a new formation and 5 new players in FM without giving them time to train.

Stray passes, isolated players, running straight into them time after time.

We played 2 fast wingers and never got behind the defense because the ball never got through the midfield. Johnson was like some League 1 shit. He did pretty much nothing right the whole game. Flanagan didn't do anything wrong but if Johnson isn't going to help in attack then our outlets are limited.

Is it the players or the training? How do we just crumble under bottom-half teams who press our midfield? We've seen this before and it's just awful.

I wish we had just played it long and given them the ball. They can't pass unless it's on the counter and that's where we got burned.

faridmon

I wold have gone wild about Loolerpool losing, if it wasn't for the fact that we are playing Arsenal and Man united in our next 2 games.

:(

Top Bottom