• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

I just looked up the team sheet for anyone who's interested. I remember that Paul Ince was in the Europe team.

EUROPE

Coach
Franz Beckenbauer (GER)

Goalkeepers
1. Andreas Köpke (GER, Olympique de Marseille)
12. Frode Grodas (NOR, Chelsea)

2. Heimo Pfeifenberger (AUT, Werder Bremen)
3. Sorin Colding (DEN, Brondby FC)
4. Alessandro Costacurta (ITA, Milan AC)
5. Fernando Hierro (ESP, Real Madrid C.F.)
6. Dominique Lemoine (BEL, RCD Espanyol SAD)
7. Krassimir Balakov (BUL, VfB Stuttgart)
8. Paul Ince (ENG, Liverpool FC)
9. Patrick Kluivert (HOL, Milan AC)
10. Zinedine Zidane (FRA, Juventus FC)
11. Alen Boksic (HRV, Lazio SS)

13. Marius Lacatus (ROM, Steaua Bucarest)
14. Slavisa Jokanovic (YUG, CD Tenerife SAD)
15. Mehdi Pashazadeh (IRN, Tehran FC)
16. Gordon Durie (SCO, Glasgow Rangers)

REST OF THE WORLD

Coach
Carlos Alberto Parreira (BRA)

Goalkeepers
1. Jacques Songo'o (CMR, Deportivo La Coruña)
12. Rubén Martin Ruiz Díaz (PAR, Monterrey)

2. Myung-Bo Hong (KOR, Bellmare Hiratsuka)
3. Javier Margas (CHI, Universidad Católica)
4. Nwankwo Kanu (NGA, Inter)
5. Nourredine Naybet (MOR, Deportivo La Coruña)
6. Marcelino Bernal (MEX, Monterrey)
7. Hidetoshi Nakata (JAP, Bellmare Hiratsuka)
8. Adel Sellimi (TUN, Nantes)
9. Gabriel Batistuta (ARG, Fiorentina)
10. Ronaldo (BRA, Inter)
13. Hussain O. Sulimani (KSA)

11. Antony de Avila (COL, New York Metrostars)
14. David Nyathi (RSA, St. Gallen)
15. Deon Burton (JAM, Derby County)
16. Eric Wynalda (USA, San Jose Clash)

Sorin Colding
iXAxO6sN167w.png

Carbonox

Is today the day Newcastle's winning run comes to an end? Or will we smite a wank Swansea team who has won like once in forever? No Michu or Bony (does the latter's exclusion even matter?) either but then we could field a crap 11 cos our last game was only on Saturday and we have Man Utd this weekend.

LegoArmo

Is today the day Newcastle's winning run comes to an end? Or will we smite a wank Swansea team who has won like once in forever? No Michu or Bony (does the latter's exclusion even matter?) either but then we could field a crap 11 cos our last game was only on Saturday and we have Man Utd this weekend.

You twat Swansea 6 nil.

I had a Colding shirt one time that I tried to get signed during a show match. The other players (Vilfort and Per Per) were laughing at me :lol

When PerPer is laughing at you, you've fucked up!

My dad got a photo with himself and Vilfort in his living room, with that ridiculous mustache. :lol

TeddyBoy

I wonder how much Sunderland would let Wickham go for?

hixx pls

When's his contract up?

I want him permanently so bad.

Summer 2015, so he's got about a year and a half left yet. Decent chance of getting him in the Summer I suppose, but he was signed for £8.1m, can Wednesday afford buy him?

EDIT: Beaten by Hixx :'( </3

bjaelke

Hear me out first!

-Manchester United have failed to net at Old Trafford in only 2 of their last 74 home games
-Everton haven't won in their last 20 attempts at OT
-Professor Leighton is out
-Ex manager Moyes factor

channing-tatum-21-jump-street.gif

I suppose a draw is possible

This reads like an opta tweet. All you need is the obligatory one-word description at the end. C
la
n
k

Wilbur

Banned
I hope Rafael is fit. Whether it's Pienaar, Mirallas or Dooloofoo that goes up against Smalling, they'll be administering arse pummelings the likes of which haven't been seen since Caligula got his hands on an out of favour servant.

sohois

Today was my birthday.

Celebrated by eating McDonalds and now going to bed early in order to wake up at 3:45am to watch a match against fucking Norwich. Hopefully we won't get hit by the Odd Morsel birthday curse since it won't technically be my birthday anymore.

Wes

venison crêpe
Need some assistance folks.

I'm making the World Cup draw thread at the moment, need some input as to who you think teams will want to avoid being drawn against and who they want to be drawn against from each pot? Just need a general rundown, no reasons.

Pot 1 (top eight seeds): Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Switzerland, Uruguay.
Pot 2: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ecuador.
Pot 3: Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras.
Pot 4: Bosnia-Hercegovina, Croatia, England, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, France.

K1LLER7

What I think we'll see today.

--------- De Goat ---------

Rafa - Rio - Vidic - Evra

----- Fellani - Giggs ------

Valencia - Rooney - Nani

----------- RVP --------------

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Today was my birthday.

Celebrated by eating McDonalds and now going to bed early in order to wake up at 3:45am to watch a match against fucking Norwich. Hopefully we won't get hit by the Odd Morsel birthday curse since it won't technically be my birthday anymore.

Happy birthday dude
3AQmK.gif

I'm making the World Cup draw thread at the moment, need some input as to who you think teams will want to avoid being drawn against and who they want to be drawn against from each pot? Just need a general rundown, no reasons.

You definitely want England.

bjaelke

Pot 1 (top eight seeds): Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Switzerland, Uruguay.
Pot 3: Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras.
Pot 4: Bosnia-Hercegovina, Croatia, England, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, France.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/worldcupcentral/id/1574?cc=5739

Wilbur

Banned
Today was my birthday.

Happy birthday man! Suarez will score twice, the little prick.

If I could pick a group for England, it would be Switzerland, Algeria and Iran.

To avoid? Lots and lots of teams :lol. But Brazil, Nigeria, Japan and/or France depending on how the pot 4 shit goes.

Or can we get Holland/Italy too? Every draw is shit because we're shit.

Wes

venison crêpe
Can't have more than two European teams in a group, but generally want to know who you think are the strongest and weakest sides in each pot.

Salvadora

Arsenal's next four fixtures:
Hull, Everton, City and Chelsea.
We have
Sunderland, Stoke , Crystal palace and Arsenal.
I think its fair to say we will probably be top after we grab our annual three points from the Emirates.
You haven't changed a bit :lol.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't have more than two European teams in a group, but generally want to know who you think are the strongest and weakest sides in each pot.

Alright. People will probably say Spain for pot one, but Brazil absolutely dossing them last summer makes them the standouts in pot one for sure. Uruguay probably the dark horses in that one, considering that I don't think Colombia are as good as some have made them out to be and Falcao might as well fucking retire, and so many people have called Belgium dark horses that they're now magnificent white fucking stallions.

Pot 2 has to be Ivory Coast or Nigeria from the teams that are already there, but pretty much any of the European teams that get drawn into there will be a pretty good one. Wait I think chile are in pot two. Avoid them. They're good.

Pot 3, Japan or USA. Probably Japan, dat Kagawa/Honda/Kiyotake trident.

Pot 4, Ingurland jkjkjkjk Holland are probably the scariest when looking at group records, but I reckon France will do surprisingly well.

bud

the weakest:

pot 1: colombia, switzerland.
pot 2: algeria, nigeria, cameroon, ecuador.
pot 3: iran, south korea, australia, costa rica, honduras.
pot 4: bosnia, croatia, greece, england.

Wilbur

Banned
WHERE'S ITALIA WHAT THE FUCK

iY67Qk5DCWAEi.gif

When that fucking moron Balotelli stops leading your attack I'll rate you again. Euro 2012 was delish but the Italian national team goes in cycles. 2002 and 2004 were embarrassing, 2006 was great. 2008 and 2010 were embarrassing, 2012 was great.

2024 will be embarrassing :(

Top Bottom