• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Yeah but I always figured they were technically in Asia rather than Europe.

Well obviously Russia is geographically in both Europe in Asia. Anything west of the Ural Mountains is considered Europe though. And it's the European part of Russia where the vast majority of the population is though.

I'm from the Asian part of Russia myself, deep in Siberia.

Blablurn

Eeks that looks rough Bla. Hoping it ain't true.

It looks like an old Palace shirt.

wat

klinsmann.jpg

Yen

Hoops were like 2007 or so. The weird browny-dark purple one must of been the year before (maybe it was an away shirt). Van Bommell was wearing it in that gif.

It's too early for me to attempt making coherent thoughts, just ignore me.

Blablurn

Hoops were like 2007 or so. The weird browny-dark purple one must of been the year before (maybe it was an away shirt). Van Bommell was wearing it in that gif.

It's too early for me to attempt making coherent thoughts, just ignore me.

aaaah i remember

Mark-van-Bommel-5395206.jpg

i think that was more like "bordeaux red"

Feorax

Based on what Rodgers has said today, I think Aspas and Alberto might be playing against Norwich.

I was just thinking that.

I'd like to see how Aspas does in a 2 up top with Suarez, or leading the line. I feel a bit sorry for him really, a lot of Celta fans said when we signed him that he's a great CF, but a bit of a shite winger/10. What do we do? Play him wide right and at 10...

Hopefully he can leash Suarez as well. It always worries me when Suarez plays as the lone striker because you never know if he's going to have a great game or just end up trying way too hard to do everything.

Tonight, I'd go;

--------------------------Mignolet------------------------
---Johnson-----Agger--------Sakho---Flanagan--
------------Henderson---------Lucas------------------
--------Suarez-------Coutinho-------Alberto---------
---------------------------Aspas---------------------------

Possibly having Alberto right, Coutinho left, and Suarez up front with Aspas in a 4-2-2-2 is another option.

Bench: Jones, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Cissokho, Skrtel, Ibe.

Suen

Well obviously Russia is geographically in both Europe in Asia. Anything west of the Ural Mountains is considered Europe though. And it's the European part of Russia where the vast majority of the population is though.

I'm from the Asian part of Russia myself, deep in Siberia.
So deep in Siberia that even based Gazprom wouldn't find you there.

bjaelke

I'd like to see how Aspas does in a 2 up top with Suarez, or leading the line. I feel a bit sorry for him really, a lot of Celta fans said when we signed him that he's a great CF, but a bit of a shite winger/10. What do we do? Play him wide right and at 10...

Hopefully he can leash Suarez as well. It always worries me when Suarez plays as the lone striker because you never know if he's going to have a great game or just end up trying way too hard to do everything.

Tonight, I'd go;

Possibly having Alberto right, Coutinho left, and Suarez up front with Aspas in a 4-2-2-2 is another option.

If the training pictures from yesterday are anything to go by, then you're in for a disappointment.

LTWheels

Tonight, I'd go;

I think we play best as 4-2-2-2, as long as our fullbacks turn up to give us width. Also with Aspas being the main central striker, instead of the floating second striker, hopefully he won't keep trying stupid flicks and passes. Curious to see if he has bulked up at all since we last saw him play.

How can Moyes get a mixed reception?

11 years of great work
Going to the biggest club in the country, one of the biggest 4 in the world
Leaves them in a strong position
Would never have got a better job offer

Anyone who doesn't appreciate that can fuck off tbh

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
YESSS ASPAS!

So even Juve's young supporters are cunts. What a disgusting fanbase. Juve-GAF, switch teams.

<3

They were fined for saying 'shit'

It's OKAY to insult the dead, but don't you dare refer to a human being's footballing ability as 'feces'.

L1NETT

Sorry for the derp question, but I keep hearing that the party system sucks on the Xbox, but what is it like on Ps4? (and cross chat and all that rif raf) Because it was easier sending a pigeon to your mate than trying to talk to him on PS3.

Sorry for the derp question, but I keep hearing that the party system sucks on the Xbox, but what is it like on Ps4? (and cross chat and all that rif raf) Because it was easier sending a pigeon to your mate than trying to talk to him on PS3.
It works way better than PS3!

Feorax

Seems to be closer to XB360 than XB1.

Feorax

Migno, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Flanno, Gerrard,Lucas,Hendo, Coutinho,Suarez,Sterling

Well that just makes Rodgers look a twat.

What's the point of saying "these lads are training well, but need to be contributing in matches" if they're then being played either out of position, or not being played at all?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely beleive Rodgers can take us to where we need to be, but he sometimes makes such bizzare decisions.

Two of the best left sided CB's in the world at the club? Play two right sided CB's. Our number 10 is injured and we have a promising young attacking mid from Spain ready to fill in? Plays Victor Moses. Number 9 is crap in the hole and out wide? Play him exclusively in the hole or out wide.

It's like he's channeling Rafa from the 2007 CL final, trying to be too clever rather than go with what is obvious, but likely to work.

rvy

Banned
Did anyone buy Manhunt 2 on the Wii and PS2? Which is better? I read that the graphics are superior on the Wii, but it doesn't feature a quick turn, which is annoying.

justjohn

Arsenal's next four fixtures:
Hull, Everton, City and Chelsea.
We have
Sunderland, Stoke , Crystal palace and Arsenal.
I think its fair to say we will probably be top after we grab our annual three points from the Emirates.

Our director of football/sporting director/general manager (which one is the correct/most used one guys? Wikipedia doesn't really help) resigned today.
@Milanello said:
Ariedo Braida handed in his resignation this morning. His contract was set to expire on June 30, 2014.

Can't say I'll miss the guy, he did a lot of good things in the past but in the last few years he was a ghost, basically. Mostly because he had a new son and apparently other personal issues (according to Milanello).

As of today, there are three possible replacement: Sogliano (from Hellas Verona)/Pradè (Fiorentina)/Bigon (Napoli). Hopefully it's either Pradè or Bigon.
I've added my PSN shit to the spreadsheet in the OP. Abuse it fuckers.
Will do.

Top Bottom