• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Zabojnik

1016857_695352880517376_1432441777_n.jpg

Arkon am cry.

Lightning

Banned
Did them a lot of good didn't it? lol

All the decent leagues do this anyway. Zenit and CSKA both play tomorrow for example.
I know most leagues do it. Dortmund play Leverkusen when both have must win games mid week so they can't rest players. It's just not a good situation for those clubs, great for the spectators, but not good for the clubs chances in the CL.

More protection required I feel to maximise opportunities.

I know most leagues do it. Dortmund play Leverkusen when both have must win games mid week so they can't rest players. It's just not a good situation for those clubs, great for the spectators, but not good for the clubs chances in the CL.

More protection required I feel to maximise opportunities.

What comes out first though, CL group game dates, or the PL fixture list? I guess they could make a pretty accurate guess either way for the group game dates, but still.

Lightning

Banned
What comes out first though, CL group game dates, or the PL fixture list? I guess they could make a pretty accurate guess either way for the group game dates, but still.
The dates of CL games don't change, do they? They always seem to be at the same time. The fixtures should be arranged around them. Imagine Liverpool qualify next season and twice you get a Arsenal, Dortmund, United and a Everton, Napoli, City draw like we've been dealt.

CL football is great but fuck the FA for that bullshit. Our game against City is the first game on Saturday barely 72 hours after our Italy trip to Napoli. Fuck.

Salvadora

Season defining couple of weeks coming up for Arsenal.

Everton, Chelsea and City in the league and Napoli in Europe.

We need to be picking up points in those games, no excuses. Have a feeling we'll be knocked off the top after that set of games.

Zabojnik

We need to be picking up points in those games, no excuses. Have a feeling we'll be knocked off the top after that set of games.

The Napoli match will be a cakewalk for the current Arsenal.

And before you say I'm being too optimistic, Salva ... I've been right so far. Napoli are out.

Salvadora

The Napoli match will be a cakewalk for the current Arsenal.

And before you say I'm being too optimistic, Salva ... I've been right so far. Napoli are out.
Weirdly enough I'm not too worried about Napoli. A draw or a win and we're through as winners? That is certainly achievable.

Mourinho and City at home are more formidable. The former will probably weasel his way to victory and the later could possibly humiliate us.

Lightning

Banned

We should be good enough to take Everton and have enough to get what we need from
Napoli. City and Chelsea are the key but we are handicapped for our City game. Ridiculous scheduling.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I called it last year. Everyone mocked me but I said Juve will struggle in the CL.

That wasn't here btw, that was to my real life Yurt.

RL Yurt told you we were unlucky dude

we deserved to beat Madrid, Woodenhaven and Gala

so basically we're top of the #DESERVED group really

bjaelke

Luis Alberto Romero @14_luisalberto
@Phil_Coutinho is better than me in FIFA 2014 🙈

Philipe Coutinho @Phil_Coutinho
@14_luisalberto yessssssssssss !!!

Someone challenge Coutinho.

Salvadora

We should be good enough to take Everton and have enough to get what we need from
Napoli. City and Chelsea are the key but we are handicapped for our City game. Ridiculous scheduling.
I will be very interested to see how Wenger goes about rotating for these games.

In midfield we're relatively stacked, but Giroud and Koscielny/Mertesacker shouldn't be subjected to this harsh run entirely. Vermaelen did well against United, why couldn't he play vs Hull?

Lightning

Banned
I will be very interested to see how Wenger goes about rotating for these games.

In midfield we're relatively stacked, but Giroud and Koscielny/Mertesacker shouldn't be subjected to this harsh run entirely. Vermaelen did well against United, why couldn't he play vs Hull?
I doubt there will be much rotation there. Those players are going to need to get the job done. Chelsea is 8 days after City so that's fine. The City game will be tough.

Zabojnik

So I just watched the first season of Orphan Black in two days. Pretty awesome sit, can't wait for more.

I thought it was pretty good, not great. The female protagonist(s) pretty much carries the show, which I realize is exactly the point of the show. But, eh.

The wait for the god-tier sci-fi show continues. Almost Human ain't it either. HBO pls. I'll take anything at this point, even another Dune mini series.

Linius

I thought it was pretty good, not great. The female protagonist(s) pretty much carries the show, which I realize is exactly the point of the show. But, eh.

The wait for the god-tier sci-fi show continues. Almost Human ain't it either. HBO pls. I'll take anything at this point, even another Dune mini series.

Yeah, but don't you like Felix? Come on man! :p

The story is interesting, I like the mystery and constant backstabbing. Decent amount of 'action'. Overall pretty good acting and a fun cast. Just an easy watchable scifi drama. And who knows, maybe they kick it up a notch in the second season?

Do you watch Person of Interest btw? It's not really scifi but it's also a great show when it comes to mystery stuff and such. It's basically about a system that watches every human being trough existing cameras and can predict behaviour, think Watch Dogs. Written by Nolan's bro. It's really badass.

Zabojnik

Yeah, but don't you like Felix? Come on man! :p

The story is interesting, I like the mystery and constant backstabbing. Decent amount of 'action'. Overall pretty good acting and a fun cast. Just an easy watchable scifi drama. And who knows, maybe they kick it up a notch in the second season?

Do you watch Person of Interest btw? It's not really scifi but it's also a great show when it comes to mystery stuff and such. It's basically about a system that watches every human being and can preditc behaviour, think Watch Dogs. Written by Nolan's bro. It's really badass.

I'm sorry to say I have a similar opinion about PoI. I think both show are solid enough and PoI has certainly had a couple of pretty brilliant episodes over the past three seasons. But it's just not ... there for me. I have issues with the procedural elements of it, the premise is kinda ridiculous and the writing not nearly good enough to cover for it. I also still think that they should've cast a different 'action' protagonist. Caviezel just doesn't do it for me, kneecap shots and all, though I realize I'm probably in the minority.

Linius

I'm sorry to say I have a similar opinion about PoI. I think both show are solid enough and PoI has certainly had a couple of pretty brilliant episodes over the past three seasons. But it's just not ... there for me. I have issues with the procedural elements of it, the premise is kinda ridiculous and the writing not nearly good enough to cover for it. I also still think that they should've cast a different 'action' protagonist. Caviezel just doesn't do it for me, kneecap shots and all, though I realize I'm probably in the minority.

Caviezel is a perfect fit. Just a no nonsense badass who can also deliver his lines in a great way, he makes me laugh quite often with his cheeky comments. Though Lionel of course is the real comedian in this show. But yeah, I won't argue that PoI is '10/10' show if you will. Though I know there are quite a few people who feel like PoI is the best thing on TV right now. They should just watch a bit more TV then :p

Both are really 8/10 on the enjoyment schale for me, and that's what matters. If I'd only watch top tier TV there wouldn't be much shows currently running I'd be watching. Guess I'll have to narrow it down to Mad Men, Masters, Justified of Sex and Game of Thrones in the drama department from the top of my head.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fifabros, we are a cupping tomorrow! Ill be sending out invites at 4pm, lets see if we can rekindle the magic for a while :D

Zabojnik

Both are really 8/10 on the enjoyment schale for me, and that's what matters. If I'd only watch top tier TV there wouldn't be much shows currently running I'd be watching. Guess I'll have to narrow it down to Mad Men, Masters, Justified of Sex and Game of Thrones in the drama department from the top of my head.

Right. Again, I'm not saying PoI or OB are bad shows. Far from it. I just have an issue with people in general calling everything that's not shit "great" these days. Please don't mind me and continue to enjoy both series. :)

Suen

Parma President Tommaso Ghirardi has insisted that Jonathan Biabiany won’t be leaving for Juventus in January.

“Juve have never asked about Biabiany,” he told Rai Sport. “So I’m not even thinking about selling.

“There is no negotiation to talk about.

“Giovinco? I’m sorry to see him playing so little at Juve. He’s the sort of play that lights up a game when he plays.

Ghirardi2.jpg

Come back to Parma Giovinco. You're just a worthless cunt at Juve.

Meanwhile....

Parma will make contact with Roma in January about a possible move for Mattia Destro, reports suggest.

Will Destro solve Parma's striker problems? Let's hope so Serie A gaf

Linius

Right. Again, I'm not saying PoI or OB are bad shows. Far from it. I just have an issue with people in general calling everything that's not shit "great" these days. Please don't mind me and continue to enjoy both series. :)

I don't mind opinions, I'm on a discussion board after all :p

And as far as I understand you correctly we're pretty much on the same page here.

Oh and I completely forgot to mention Boardwalk Empire in the top tier department. Silly me.

Zabojnik

Come back to Parma Giovinco. You're just a worthless cunt at Juve.[/QUOTE]

You can have him, since it doesn't seem that Conte intends to use him as the left WF in our 4-3-3. The only role he's fit for in a big team that isn't build around him.

[quote="Linius, post: 92553388"]And as far as I understand you correctly we're pretty much on the same page here.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, yeah. The others you mentioned are indeed all very good to great shows.

Top Bottom